Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sapphire, you say, plurple? IT'S SOS TIME!

Take a Sableye, named "Mr.Diamond". Mr.Diamond enjoys his bling bling, as you can expect, and loves to show it off (or Flash it) as often as possible. But he doesn't like to get injured either, good thing he can sense impending danger! Mr.Diamond does not like those who chuckle at his love of bling bling, and shall smite the non-believers WITH HIS ALMIGHTY CLAWS OF STEEL, AND BIG BLACK MAGIC 8-BALL OF JUSTICE!

To clarify:
- Catch a Sableye in Dewford Cave, named Mr.Diamond.
- Teach it the following moves: Flash, Detect, Fury Swipes and Shadowball
- Use Flash at the start of every trainer battle it is in.
- Equip it with the Amulet Coin as soon as possible.

Have fun. This shouldn't be too bad for you.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
plurple gets Ninja the Treecko. Your Treecko has spent years in the ninja academy & has become a qualified ninja. As such, he may only use moves that reflect a ninja. Such Attacks include: Quick Attack, Pursuit, Agility, Detect, Protect, Double Team, Aerial Ace, & Flash (A substitute for Smoke Screen). He may know three of these moves. He can evolve into Grovyle anytime, but must solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon to evolve into Sceptile.

Have Fun.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
plurple gets a ninjask. It must always know Swords Dance Double Team and Baton Pass solo any gym leader before the League and at least once in the league, must pass a minimum of +2 in each of its boosting stats to a teammate.

@Random Does it have to solo the main Pokemon as a Grovyle or can it also do it as a Treecko?

@Cloverleaf Any nickname? =3

Take 24K the Vulpix. It only likes shiny things, so give it a Pearl. It likes Mr.Diamond, so it must solo Tate & Liza alongside it to evolve. As a Ninetales it must learn Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Fire Blast, and Will-o-Wisp.

Hmmm...sounds interesting. I'd be down for a Sapphire challenge. No trading. And one of them has to be a starter. Also I'd enjoy creative nicknames but not a necessity. Also, go easy on me 'cause I'm a noob. =3
Catch a gulpin, name him Gabe. Roll a dice to determine your restrictions.

1: Must solo 2 gym leaders to evolve.
2: Must know a move that causes poison.
3: Can't evolve.
4: Can only know special moves.
5: Must use liquid ooze 3 times to evolve.
6: No restrictions

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I just realized that I have an Ekans from Lolcat, an Oddish from Arcticblast, and a Horsea from Texas Cloverleaf, all of which don't have nicknames :( So I need nicknames as soon as possible from the users who gave me those Pokemon.
Name it Photophobe.

Arcticblast can you explain the rules you put for my ditto better? If not I'm going to have to reject it. I'm sorry I suck at understanding what you wrote. lol
I don't remember it. How about reposting? Or better yet, PM?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
plurple, your final Pokemon is a Metang. It has no restrictions except that it can not evolve into a Metagross and has to solo five Pokemon in the League. Call it Rocky.

So here is my team for the Sapphire Scramble. I'm also playing through Platinum at the moment so it may take some time.

EDIT:
Treecko(Ninja)-Can evolve into Grovyle anytime, but must solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon to evolve into Sceptile. Must know 3 of these moves: Quick Attack, Pursuit, Agility, Detect, Protect, Double Team, Aerial Ace, & Flash.

Ninjask-Must always know Swords Dance, Baton Pass, and Double Team. Has to solo a Gym Leader before the League and during the League must pass +2 in each boost he has to another teammate.

Sableye(Mr. Diamond)-Loves his bling and loves to Flash it. Must know Flash, Detect, Shadow Ball, and Fury Swipes. Needs to hold Amulet Coin as soon as possible. Also has to use Flash at the beginning of every battle he starts in.

Vulpix(24k)-Also loves shiny things. Needs to hold a Pearl. Must solo Tate and Liza with Mr. Diamond to evolve into Ninetails. Once evolved can only learn Sunny Day, SolarBeam, Fire Blast, and Will-o-Wisp.

Gulpin(Gabe)-Rolled a 2. Must know a move that causes poison.

Shelgon(Jupiter)-Can never evolve into Salamence. Must solo five Pokemon in the League.

Seems challenging but I'll see how it goes. Also @Hydrattler does the poison inflicting move have to be Toxic, Poison Gas, etc? Or Can it come from a move with poison as a secondary effect?

Reserving for Zanicus.

Catch a Ditto.
This Ditto must Transform into ten Pokemon and solo said Pokemon. These Pokemon must be on all different routes. The most common type of move (excluding Normal) it copies is your new Pokemon's main type. If this results in a tie, repeat until there isn't a tie.

This Pokemon has a few restrictions as well, based on stats and nature.

If it would be considered "powerful" it may only learn two attacking moves.
Natures:
+Attack - Must solo Bruno.
+Defense - Must solo Koga, if catchable before him. If not, must solo Bruno.
+Special Attack - Must solo one member of the Elite Four with nothing but super effective moves.
+Special Defense - Must solo the Five Island Rocket hideout. You have three PokeCenter returns.
+Speed - Must gain ten levels in under a half an hour. You may choose to do this whenever.
+nothing - Cannot evolve past one stage, if applicable. If not, cannot learn any move with >70 power.

Have fun, and please tell us what you get!
If you could elaborate that'd be great =D! If you don't remember no worries just give me something else please.

Just finished my run.

Platinum, no trading.
No nicknames with profanity.
First to post a pokemon determines trainer name as well.

1. TURTWIG
named "NotProfane" ASAP it must learn and keep a move that can cause flinching and use it every time it's sent out. If i'm first name your trainer TheDave
Bite proved useful, but I kept forgetting to use it every time. Next time I won't allow must use moves. Lots of defense, hit hard.

2. Bring a SCYTHER.
Female with swarm.
Name it Serra.
It must KO 3 gym leader pokemon from 3 different gyms.
If it evolves into Scizor it may not learn Bullet Punch
I didn't ever evolve it. It KOd Maylene's Meditite, Wake's Gyarados, and Volkner's Raichu. It really didn't bring much type coverage to the party.

3. HotDave, I will give you a SNOVER.
Snover is skeptical about your hotness and always tries to bring it down a notch. He must use an ice move to freeze other Pokemon 5 times before evolving. He must also know Water Pulse for the whole game, just to keep you in check. Name it Cold Dave
It froze 3 Psyduck and 2 Golduck with Blizzard while training. This thing was a beast. Second best defenses on the team combined with STAB 100% Blizzard and Grass Knot, and residual hail damage. Water Pulse got some good random confusions.

4. HotDave, you get a RIOLU.
It can never evolve, and must solo a Gym Leader or Elite Four member.
So...after 252 EVs in Attack and Speed, which of course took forever with no pokerus/power items, here's how Candice went.

Riolu VS. Candice! Aerial Ace damages, but OHKOs Sneasel. Shadow Ball finishes Riolu. L. 42
Round 2. Aerial Ace damages, but OHKOs Sneasel. Shadow Ball finishes Riolu. L.44
Round 3. Aerial Ace damages, but OHKOs Sneasel. Psychic finishes Riolu. L.46
Round 4. Aerial Ace damages, but OHKOs Sneasel. Shadow Ball finishes Riolu. L.49
Round 5. Aerial Ace damages, but OHKOs Sneasel. Psychic finishes Riolu. L.51
Round 6. Brick Break OHKOs Sneasel. Froslass Double teams. Riolu Hits with EQ. Psychic severely damages Riolu. Riolu crits with EQ. Brick Break OHKOs Abomasnow. Brick Break OHKOs Piloswine. L.53-54.

Ugh. I think it survived at 4 HP or something like that. At least after all that training it wasn't completely useless and did finish off Flint's Magmortar. As I was not given a name to use, I named it Blue Popo.

5. Take a female STARLY.
Name her Kate. This Starly is a normal, happy Starly, and as such has no restrictions... until she evolves. As a Staravia, however, she finds a problem after Gym2. She doesn't understand why everyone is scared of her, and thinks she's incredibly... fat, and becomes anorexic. To cure her anorexia, you must make her consume ten status or resist Berries before evolving into a Staraptor. Upon evolution, she realizes her true power and "Intimidate-ing" stature, and to show off her power must solo Byron. After doing this, she loses all fear and must know Brave Bird and Close Combat and challenge the Elite Four..
MVP. Brave Bird and Close Combat hits nearly everything in the game. I only had to grind 2 of the berries, the other 8 came naturally against Team Galactic and while Scyther hunting. Intimidate was instrumental in defeating Cynthia's Garchomp. Close Combat made soloing Byron a snap. KO'd 3 of Aaron's, 1 of Bertha's, 2 of Flint's (double KO vs. Infernape), fought valiantly vs. Lucian, and got Cynthia's Spiritomb.

6. Take a BUIZEL,
nickname it "Flood". It must know 3 water moves in order to evolve. Also, if you teach it Surf or Waterfall (Or both), you must go to the move deleter and delete them before you face the Elite Four. You can use it anytime before the Elite Four. Once deleted, you cannot use those slots until after you beat the Elite four (Meaning if Floatzel learns a move, or you give it a TM to replace the empty slot, you can't use that move until after the Elite Four.).
Beastly when it knew Surf/Waterfall. Against the Elite Four, it was much less useful, with just Aqua Jet and Ice Fang. It evolved knowing Aqua Jet, Whirlpool and Water Gun. It also froze Wake's Gyarados, which was very hard without an electric move. During the time it had Crunch, that was also quite useful.

Final Team Stats
Kate the Level 53 Staraptor
Lonely
Intimidate
Fly/Close Combat/Quick Attack/Brave Bird

Serra the Level 51 Scyther
Timid
Swarm
Wing Attack/Night Slash/X-Scissor/Rock Smash

Flood the Level 52 Floatzel
Serious
Swift Swim
Ice Fang/Aqua Jet/-/-

Cold Dave the Level 53 Abomasnow
Relaxed
Snow Warning
Water Pulse/Blizzard/Rock Climb/Grass Knot

Blue Popo the Level 56 Riolu
Impish
Inner Focus (Even worked once!)
Quick Attack/Brick Break/Earthquake/Strength

NotProfane the Level 57 Torterra
Brave
Overgrow
Bite/Cut/Earthquake/Wood Hammer

This was fun, except for the Riolu soloing a Gym part. Of course, otherwise he'd probably have been useless. While the challanges theoretically gave me some leeway in who to fight, when combining them, my only real choice was whether Riolu solos Candice or Volkner.

The Good: Catching a Shiny Staravia while EV training Riolu
The Bad: Everything else about EV training Riolu
The Ugly: Losing to Aaron in my first try.

Total time: 35:32

I will probably do another one of these soon.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Zanicus...

Catch a Ditto.
This Ditto must Transform into ten Pokemon Use Transform against ten enemy Pokemon and solo said Pokemon You get this part? Kill it with its own moves in this case. These Pokemon must be on all different routes self-explanatory.. The most common type of move (excluding Normal) it copies is your new Pokemon's main type e.x. if you transform into Pokemon with a total of 15 Poison-type moves then your new Pokemon is a Poison-type. If this results in a tie, repeat until there isn't a tie.

This Pokemon has a few restrictions as well, based on stats and nature.

If it would be considered "powerful" it may only learn two attacking moves. e.x. Gyarados, Jolteon, Scyther etc.
Natures:
+Attack - Must solo Bruno.
+Defense - Must solo Koga, if catchable before him. If not, must solo Bruno.
+Special Attack - Must solo one member of the Elite Four with nothing but super effective moves.
+Special Defense - Must solo the Five Island Rocket hideout. You have three PokeCenter returns.
+Speed - Must gain ten levels in under a half an hour. You may choose to do this whenever.
+nothing - Cannot evolve past one stage, if applicable. If not, cannot learn any move with >70 power.
Natures easy enough?
Bolded clarifications are bolded.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright here`s the deal. I can`t find a Volbeat for shit only Illumise. So I am going to ask for a new challenge open to anyone because I can`t remember who issued me the Volbeat. Must come before Flannery, ideally before Wattson, must be able to beat Brawly.

To the person who issued me the Volbeat I am reserving you a spot in my next Scramble. It`s unfortunate because I was looking forward to using it.

The challenge is also open to those who have already issued me one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)