Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thank God for crithax. Lierally the only way I could beat Brawly, Ares at lv 21 managed to crit Makuhita from the green zone for the kill preventing Brawly from Super Poitioning it (albeit he may only have 2, I don`t know, and he`d used them on Meditite already.

So here is my team for the Sapphire Scramble. I'm also playing through Platinum at the moment so it may take some time.

EDIT:
Treecko(Ninja)-Can evolve into Grovyle anytime, but must solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon to evolve into Sceptile. Must know 3 of these moves: Quick Attack, Pursuit, Agility, Detect, Protect, Double Team, Aerial Ace, & Flash.

Ninjask-Must always know Swords Dance, Baton Pass, and Double Team. Has to solo a Gym Leader before the League and during the League must pass +2 in each boost he has to another teammate.

Sableye(Mr. Diamond)-Loves his bling and loves to Flash it. Must know Flash, Detect, Shadow Ball, and Fury Swipes. Needs to hold Amulet Coin as soon as possible. Also has to use Flash at the beginning of every battle he starts in.

Vulpix(24k)-Also loves shiny things. Needs to hold a Pearl. Must solo Tate and Liza with Mr. Diamond to evolve into Ninetails. Once evolved can only learn Sunny Day, SolarBeam, Fire Blast, and Will-o-Wisp.

Gulpin(Gabe)-Rolled a 2. Must know a move that causes poison.

Shelgon(Jupiter)-Can never evolve into Salamence. Must solo five Pokemon in the League.

Seems challenging but I'll see how it goes. Also @Hydrattler does the poison inflicting move have to be Toxic, Poison Gas, etc? Or Can it come from a move with poison as a secondary effect?
It can be a secondary effect

Challange Run #2
Blue, No Trading (In-game trades are OK, if you want)
You may require me to know moves. You may not require me to use them, except in specific instances.
(e.g. "Arceus must always use Judgment first." = bad; "Arceus must KO Whitney's Miltank with Judgment" = OK)
No rare safari zone.
No forced grinding.
No more than 3 pokemon may be weak to the same type. I currently have 3 pokemon weak to Rock.
No profanity in names.
Must be able to evolve. (This means no stuck on Weedle, not that I can't have something that doesn't evolve. For example, Absol would be ok.)
Whoever names my starter gets to name the Trainer.
Team must be able to learn all moves necessary to beat the game, and Fly.
All Pokemon must be named.
This should be challenging but enjoyable.

HotDave, you get a Farfetch'd named HMSlave. It must always know cut and fly asap.

But when you get to cinabar island trade that bitch in for a badass AERODACTYL!!!!!!!!!
Name it "Ptera". It must solo at least 2 of blaine's pokemon. No movepool restrictions since Aero's gen 1 movepool is ass, besides it must know dragon rage and land the finishing blow against lance's final pokemon with dragon rage, to prove who the true dragon master is.
@HotDave: Take Charmander. It may only know level-up moves, except one TM/HM of your choice. If the TM/HM move is replaced, too bad, you can't teach it another one. Solo Misty to become Charmeleon, Blaine to become Charizard. NN "TheMan".
Take a Beedrill. Have it know Mega Drain and Twinneedle. Have it set up Agility 3 times against one of Giovanni`s Pokemon. Solo three of AGATHA`s mon`s. Your tainer is called Phantom.

Call the Beedrill Hornhauser.
Hot Dave, you get the all amazing, super powerful Pikachu!!! It should be named PIKACHUUUU(yes, all 4 "u"s). This pikachu must know Thunderbolt, and Double team at all times(once it can learn them. To evolve to Raichu it must solo 1 complete gym AND two other Gym Leader Main Pokemon. This pikachu KNOWS it's the best, so any other pikachu/raichu needs to be soloed. When(if) he becomes a Raichu he suddenly finds dragon and flying type pokemon disgustingly bigmouthed; therefore it wants to teach them all lessons and must solo all dragons/flying types(unless it interferes with another challenge.
I give you a Poliwag named Sleepy, who must know & keep Hypnosis. Solo 25 Trained Pokemon to evolve & another 25 to evolve again. As a Poliwrath, it must also know & keep Surf & a Fighting type move.
I'll give you a Ghastly. This Ghastly is kind of an outcast, though, 'cause he never gets tired. Always awake he yearns for Pokemon to stay awake with him, and never fall asleep. Thus, he cannot learn Rest, Hypnosis, or Dream Eater. Also must switch out if a Pokemon is put to sleep. I know this gets rid of his level up move pool so I'm giving you no TM restrictions. The other Ghastlys are confused by his behavior so in order to evolve he must down 5 trained Pokemon with the last hit coming from confusion.

HotDave, you get a Farfetch'd named HMSlave. It must always know cut and fly asap.

But when you get to cinabar island trade that bitch in for a badass AERODACTYL!!!!!!!!!
Name it "Ptera". It must solo at least 2 of blaine's pokemon. No movepool restrictions since Aero's gen 1 movepool is ass, besides it must know dragon rage and land the finishing blow against lance's final pokemon with dragon rage, to prove who the true dragon master is.

Lightsabre gets Godzilla the Larvitar (Obtainable via Safari Zone in the Mountain Area).

This little guy is young at first & has trouble controlling its power & as such, may only use moves with a base power of 60 or less & may only know 2 attacking moves as a Larvitar. To evolve into a Pupitar, it must solo 25 Trained Pokemon & you must've have stopped the Rocket Invasion at Goldenrod. Once a Pupitar, this guy has become a bit better & as such, can have an extra attacking slot, and the cap has raised to 80. After beating the E4, this cap raises to 100. To evolve into Tyranitar, it must solo a further 75 Trained Pokemon & you must beat the E4. Once a Tyranitar, all this guy thinks about is power, power, power, & must know all physical attacking moves and have a base power of 80 & above. On top of that, to prove his strength, must solo 15 Kanto Gym Leader Pokemon & 2 of Red's Pokemon.

Recap:

• Larvitar named Godzilla.
  • As a Larvitar, may only know 2 attacking moves with the power capped at 60. Solo 25 Trained Pokemon & complete the Rocket Invasion to evolve.
  • As a Pupitar, three attacking moves, power capped at 80 (100 after E4). Solo 75 Trained Pokemon & defeat the E4 to evolve.
  • As a Tyranitar, all Physical attacking moves with a power of 80 & above, must solo 15 Kanto Gym Leader Pokemon & 2 of Red's Pokemon.
Have fun. If you're only going to the E4, notify me & I will give you another challenge.

Accepted

Take Minion the Cyndaquil. It may not know STAB as a Cyndaquil (except Ember, which is to be deleted ASAP). Solo Bugsy to become Quilava; when you get to Goldenrod, rename it Grunt. It may now know 1 STAB move. Solo Jasmine to become Typhlosion; rename it Mastermind. It must now know 3 Fire moves. It must solo Karen of the E4 as Typhlosion.
Accepted

lightsabre take a Snubbull. This Snubbull is living in a Gen2 mentality and as such must have three moves that were Special in gen 2 but are now physical in its moveset ASAP.

To evolve it must either solo Rocket AdminPetrel with a move having BP<41 or by KOing Lance`s Dragonite during the Mahogany battle with him before it KOes more then 2 pokemon. Then solo the remaining 4+ mons left.

Accepted

Hmm, I'll give you a somewhat infamous "You cannot use good moves" Challenges.

Take a Furret. It may not learn: Trick, Return, Body Slam, Sucker Punch, Protect, Focus Punch, Assist, Substitute, Shadow Claw, Pursuit, U-Turn, Double Edge, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, Endure, Reversal, Rest.

It must solo three Gym Leaders, and at least one of them must be from Kanto. It must solo an Elite Four member, and two of red's Pokemon.
I knew as soon as I got offline that someone was going to give me a furret. haha. I'll need to be creative with this moveset. Accepted

Lightsabre...you get a spinarak because I've never used one before. It must know and keep leech life for the entire game and in order to evolve it needs to solo 5 trainers only using leech life. Once it evolves if it is male it can not know any moves with BP greater than 60, if it is a female it can not have more than 1 type of move in it's moveset (so since it has to have leech life no other bug type move).
Question, does the female restriction mean that I cannot have more than one type in my moveset=must be all bug type moves. Or does it mean that I can't have more than one move of the same type=Leech Life/Poison/filler/liffer? Once that gets straightened out, Accepted

Lightsabre, you get an all-physical Gengar (If you can't trade, take Haunter instead). Catch it as a Gastly in the Sprout Tower before you battle Falkner, and it must evolve as quickly as possible. The only attacks it can learn are Physical attacks, and cannot learn Special attacks. It cannot have a +Attack nature. It cannot learn or use Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Spite, Curse, Night Shade, Destiny Bond, Nightmare, Toxic, Natural Gift, Fling, Dream Eater, or Explosion. And don't even think about using it against Whitney, she will kick your butt.

Sprocket, that's a little on the extreme side, but I'll give it a shot. I'm guessing this will be my LVP right here. accepted(barely)

@HotDave: Take Charmander. It may only know level-up moves, except one TM/HM of your choice. If the TM/HM move is replaced, too bad, you can't teach it another one. Solo Misty to become Charmeleon, Blaine to become Charizard. NN "TheMan".

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Take a Beedrill. Have it know Mega Drain and Twinneedle. Have it set up Agility 3 times against one of Giovanni`s Pokemon. Solo three of AGATHA`s mon`s. Your tainer is called Phantom.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
HotDave, even though you want Pokemon that must be able to evolve, I'm giving you Aerodactyl, since it's as strong as many evolved Pokemon in Gen 1. Nickname it Biteasarus. No further restrictions.

Well, Sprocket, I'll ask me, but I don't think I'll be very keen. I've already got one, you see?

"Already got one?"

Oh yes, It's very nice.

Hot Dave, you get the all amazing, super powerful Pikachu!!! It should be named PIKACHUUUU(yes, all 4 "u"s). This pikachu must know Thunderbolt, and Double team at all times(once it can learn them. To evolve to Raichu it must solo 1 complete gym AND two other Gym Leader Main Pokemon. This pikachu KNOWS it's the best, so any other pikachu/raichu needs to be soloed. When(if) he becomes a Raichu he suddenly finds dragon and flying type pokemon disgustingly bigmouthed; therefore it wants to teach them all lessons and must solo all dragons/flying types(unless it interferes with another challenge.

EDITED: sorry about the mix up haha

Lightsabre, I'll take the Pikachu, but there's no Iron Tail in Gen I, and I already have a challenge that involves beating a Dragon/Flying type with my Aerodactyl.

As my HG scramble is drawing to its end, i'd like a hard Emerald scramble.
- I reserve the right to decline any challenges i feel are excessive.
-I'd like it to be creative as well as hard.
-Preferablly a surfer(fly is not nessacary).
-Nicknames are a must.

@lighsabre, it means you can't have the same type moves. So it can know 1 bug move, 1 poison move, 1 flying move, etc etc etc...the types are your choice, but since it HAS to keep leech life, that's the bug move, so it can't learn another bug move. The other 3 are your choice, so long as they are all different types.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Pokemagnificent, you are obsessed with Grass. Therefore your starter is the grass starter Treecko named GreenGrass, which must learn Absorb + SolarBeam (Replace Absorb with Mega Drain and then Giga Drain later). Every time you enter a new area with Tall Grass, you must set foot on every single Tall Grass square possible before moving onto the next area.

@pokemagnificent, you get a seedot! In order to evolve into Nuzleaf if must solo all the trainers in 1 gym (excluding the gym leader) using only bide. Nuzleaf things he's hot shit, so before he can evolve he wants to kill as many pokemon as possible! As a result once he learns fake out he needs to be the first pokemon out in every gym battle after he evolves and use fake out first turn. Fake out must also be kept for the entire game. After that you can switch in and out as you please. But that's not enough for this Nuzleaf, he wants to be even better! So before you can evolve it, it has to learn Swagger and keep it forever and ever. After it's learned Swagger it can evolve and the last 2 moves are your choice.

Edit: I can change this if you don't want another grass type since you're getting treecko

Edit 2: Nickname it Mr.T

As my HG scramble is drawing to its end, i'd like a hard Emerald scramble.
- I reserve the right to decline any challenges i feel are excessive.
-I'd like it to be creative as well as hard.
-Preferablly a surfer(fly is not nessacary).
-Nicknames are a must.
Take Krap the Magikarp. Lucky you, you don't have to do anything extra to evolve Magikarp. Unfortunately, once it evolves, Krap becomes angry at its nickname, so it must always know Thrash, Frustration, and Dragon Rage. The fourth move is determined by a dice roll:

1=Anything, but no STAB
2=Surf
3=Waterfall
4=One level-up move of your choice
5=One TM of your choice
6=One HM of your choice (that doesn't include Surf/Waterfall)

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Wailmer. Name it GiantWhale. You must fish it as soon as you get the Good Rod (immediately after getting Surf). You can either take a "no good moves" challenge or a "hard evolution" challenge:

1. "No good moves": It may not learn Water Spout, Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam, Hidden Power, Waterfall, Return, Curse, Rest, Sleep Talk, Earthquake, Toxic, Body Slam.

2. It may not evolve into Wailord unless it soloes three of Winona's Pokemon, lands the finishing blow on two of Liza+Tate's pokemon. It must also solo Juan, but it may evolve between Liza+Tate and Juan.

Choose one or the other. The first has no evolution restrictions, the second no move restrictions.

Texas Cloverleaf

pokemagnificent you get a Solrock. It may never know Rock moves. Its moves must all be attacking moves of different types. Solo Liza and Tate with Sceptile. Solo Glacia.

I had a small story with it but I had to retype it three times so fuck.

Pokemagnificent, can you trade in your scramble?

If you can: Take a Geodude named "Not Nerfed." It is very nostalgic and wants to make the most of the days before self-destruct and explosion got nerfed. It must learn self-destruct and then explosion as soon as he can. Whenever his health drops below 1/4, he must use his self-KO'ing move of preference. To evolve in Graveler, he must OHKO 5 trainers' pokemon with self-destruct/explosion, one of them being a gym leader's pokemon. To evolve into Golem, he must OHKO 10 trainer's pokemon, with at least 3 being in the same battle, and at least 2 being a Gym Leader's pokemon.

If you can't: You get "Outcast" the Marill. See, Outcast is not very accepted by society, and for good reason. You Marill cannot use any normal-type moves, attacking or other. To evolve, he must solo Norman OR every trainer in his gym, to show that he is better than normal society, because he's different.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
HotDave has a weakness to Ground Types & no Water Type, so he gets Sleepy the Seel, who must know & keep Rest, as its name suggests. It must solo 7 Pokemon in the Cinnabar Gym to evolve.

Have Fun.

Dewgong is weak to Rock, which will be my 4th Fully Evolved Rock weakness (Charizard, Aerodactyl and Beedrill) so I reject him for breaking my no more than 3 weakness to a single type rule.

So with the semester having ended I actually found time to start my scramble. So here's how it's going.

I have just defeated Morty and am now an Route 38.

Draco the Croconaw
Lv. 24
-Ice Fang
-Leer
-Surf
-Bite
(No Dragon moves yet, but I have plenty of time.)

Evirdrotom the Rotom
Lv.21
-Astonish
-Thunder Wave
-Thundershock
-Confuse Ray
(Has successfully solo'd all Electric types so far, having a Modest nature is definitely a blessing.)

Fearow
Lv.22
-Aerial Ace
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Fury Attack
(Adamant nature is wonderful. This thing has been destroying things all game, however I feel that his usefulness in battle will start to decline now that I'm in midgame. This is holding the place for Pacifist the Red Gyarados.)

Drowzee
Lv.24
-Poison Gas
-Headbutt
-Disable
-Confusion
(Drowzee managed to pull of soloing both of Morty's Haunters thanks to some Awakenings and missed Hypnosis attempts. It is now allowed to evolve. She has a Quiet nature so the Special Attack isn't too bad, the poor speed is off putting, but she has a lot of special bulk.)

Rocky the Onix
Lv.20
-Screech
-Tackle
-Rage
-Rock Throw
(Rocky has been solid the whole game so far, takes all kinds of beatings even with a -Defense nature. Attack stat is only 32 but Screech really helps. Rocky and Fearow helped get Whitney's Miltank to -5 Defense before I started wailing on it. I'm going to really miss Screech, I'll try to replace that as late as possible.)

UG THIS the Porygon2
Lv.20
-Psybeam
-Agility
-Conversion
-Recover
(Just traded this guy in. Haven't used him much yet but it has a Modest nature which is just wonderful. Should be easy to get the 30 Gym Leader/E4 poke solos.)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dewgong is weak to Rock, which will be my 4th Fully Evolved Rock weakness (Charizard, Aerodactyl and Beedrill) so I reject him for breaking my no more than 3 weakness to a single type rule.
If that's the case, then I give you a Poliwag named Sleepy, who must know & keep Hypnosis. Solo 25 Trained Pokemon to evolve & another 25 to evolve again. As a Poliwrath, it must also know & keep Surf & a Fighting type move.

Have fun. (Forgot about Rock...>_>)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)