The Venting Thread (trolls itt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUCKING SNOW FUCK THAT SHIT CANCELING MY CLASSES TODAY

Yes, I wanted to go to my college (uni with you people? w/e) today to take my Fiction Workshop class -.- FUCK YOU SNOW YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU MELT

I hate when it snows and snows and snows in ways where its just super annoying and makes the roads bad, but school doesn't get canceled.

I wish it would just snow a whole lot and cancel school, not little bursts of a few inches to cause shitty traffic.

after living in the South for so long you really stop noticing the butchering of the English language. hell, i've drunkenly threw out a "y'all" once. so embarrassing.
Sometimes I find myself forced to say y'all because I can't think of anything better to say... if that makes sense. In other news, it really annoys me when people spell y'all as ya'll.

"I could careless"

1) are you implying that you still somewhat care?

2) you could care[SPACE]less. how is your carelessness relevant ?___!

3) if you're trying to explain how you don't give a shit, then say "couldn't". "I couldn't care less", thus you have reached absolute care less-ness.

LEGIT, FAMJAM, EPIC, etc. (aka things girls say irl to try and sound cool)

Brazilians on the internet. Where the fuck do you all come from?

"I could careless"

1) are you implying that you still somewhat care?

3) if you're trying to explain how you don't give a shit, then say "couldn't". "I couldn't care less", thus you have reached absolute care less-ness.
They could care less, but it's not worth the effort. Which implies they simply don't care. Yes, it's nonsense.

They could care less, but it's not worth the effort. Which implies they simply don't care. Yes, it's nonsense.
Or they care about it so much that it's the most important thing in their life. They care about it so much that there is tons of room for less care.

I hate when people say "mind as well". It's might as well. Stop being an idiot.
Or people say they are going to "try and do" something. You don't try AND do something. You try TO do something.

I hate how black people have somehow come to deserve everything that no other individual race gets.

Examples: (All my examples are in the USA and may only apply in my state or region)
-Black history month
-NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)
-UNCF (United Negro College Fund)
-Ebony magazine
-BET (Black Entertainment Television)
-Essence magazine
-Harlem Renaissance

I mean seriously, you get your own Renaissance? Us caucasians shared our various Renaissances and didn't limit them to white people either. Why is there an association for the advancement of people who have equal rights with everybody else? Are they trying to overtake the other races? But then comes black history month. Is it a good or a bad thing? It means one of two things: 1) Blacks only deserve one month out of twelve for history, or 2) No race is special enough aside from blacks to necessitate its own month. Either way, it's more prejudiced garbage which black people complain about all the time but never see these things for how racist they really are.

Oh and I definitely second whoever said that they hate things like "L8TER" or "SK8TER" it's really annoying

I hate how black people have somehow come to deserve everything that no other individual race gets.

Examples: (All my examples are in the USA and may only apply in my state or region)
-Black history month
-NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)
-UNCF (United Negro College Fund)
-Ebony magazine
-BET (Black Entertainment Television)
-Essence magazine
-Harlem Renaissance
There are other organizations that fight for the rights of people regardless of race. There are scholarship funds that are for people regardless of race. There are magazines that are for people of all races. There are television channels that are for people of all races. And you aren't disallowed from watching the BET or buying Ebony magazine just because you aren't black.

What do you mean they "get their own Renaissance"? The Harlem Renaissance took place, and was pretty much driven by black people. Do you mean to claim the Harlem Renaissance in the name of all races?

I don't understand why you seem to have it in for all this stuff.

natives up here get:

-thousands of dollars free when they turn 18
-no taxes on reserves (sucky places to live though)
-ability to hunt endangered animals to 'feed their family' but they exploit it all the time
-entire university education paid for
-other things but I forget them

How many generations removed will we fucking be before reparations stop?

Also French Canada apparently asked for money to build a new hockey rink in Quebec City. No other province would be so selfish as to ask the country to pay for their stuff. What a bunch of assholes, I'm glad the premier from my province told them to fuck off.

I hate when people treat a turn signal as my asking of "Oh hey..I need to get over there..excuse me, could I just..just scoot in..right..yeah right there. Just..yeah thanks!"

No. It is "Hey, I need to merge, slow down, I'm coming into your lane."

There are other organizations that fight for the rights of people regardless of race. There are scholarship funds that are for people regardless of race. There are magazines that are for people of all races. There are television channels that are for people of all races. And you aren't disallowed from watching the BET or buying Ebony magazine just because you aren't black.
I don't know of any scholarship funds, magazines, or television channels specific to a race other than black.

What do you mean they "get their own Renaissance"? The Harlem Renaissance took place, and was pretty much driven by black people. Do you mean to claim the Harlem Renaissance in the name of all races?
The Harlem Renaissance was specifically "African American". No other one of the historic Renaissances that I know of claimed a single race. It's not like the Renaissance in Italy/France/England was just for caucasian Europeans, it just existed in Europe but anybody was welcome to contribute to it. Why should the Harlem Renaissance have existed just for blacks? Were the white people living in the ghetto not good enough to contribute to the black Renaissance?

Just because you don't know of them doesn't mean they don't exist. Have you done very much research on the subject? I haven't personally, and I'd rather not, but I'm sure that if you look into it you'll find more. They just aren't advertised as much.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
What I hate about Pokemon:
Speed ties
Evasion
Critical hits
Inaccurate moves
Having to RNG to get perfect Pokemon
OHKOs
Secondary effects
Freeze
Sleep
Paralysis
Dragon types
Steel types
Flinch
Confusion
IVs and EVs being hidden values
How we force wild Pokemon to battle each other...

I don't know of any scholarship funds, magazines, or television channels specific to a race other than black.
http://www.apiasf.org/ http://www.hsf.net/

http://www.latina.com/ not to mention there are a shit-ton of magazines that are mainly aimed at white people, even though they don't really say so

http://www.univision.com/portal.jhtml

there are more but I'm too lazy to find them
The Harlem Renaissance was specifically "African American". No other one of the historic Renaissances that I know of claimed a single race. It's not like the Renaissance in Italy/France/England was just for caucasian Europeans, it just existed in Europe but anybody was welcome to contribute to it. Why should the Harlem Renaissance have existed just for blacks? Were the white people living in the ghetto not good enough to contribute to the black Renaissance?
I don't know whether they were "good enough" to contribute to it but they didn't. Maybe you are trying so hard to find all races equal (which they are) that you are forgetting that in the 1920s, black people were pretty much the bottom rung on the social ladder, and most white people, even those living in ghettos with them, felt superior simply because of their race. Most of the white people that contributed to the renaissance were not people living in Harlem, but rich white patrons who realized the injustices and funded the people who were involved in the Renaissance. But to claim that because rich white folks gave financial support, they deserve as much credit as the black people is a pretty skewed view.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really hate it but I am kind of amused by black people that like to refer to themselves as "African American" when the last African family member they had was likely in the early 1800s. You are American, not African-American. My family immigrated from Scotland in like 1910 but you don't see me calling myself Scottish-American or European American or whatever. These terms should only really apply to folks actually born in other countries who immigrated, not people whose great great great great great great great great great grandparents immigrated and the last 12 generations were all born here.

Elitists, Grammar Nazis, American spelling, try hards, people that think everything is a contest, people that keep talking to me when I am clearly not listening and when people tell me what to do after they have already told me. Seriously, if you have told me once and know I heard then why tell me again. It just makes me more inclined to not do it.

Actually that's a really big problem for me.If someone gives me a reminder when I don't need it I can't end up doing. This is basically the sole reason I don't have a job and why I am failing uni because my mum tells me every day to do both. I lived with a few other uni students and it was great. One, "It's your turn to do the dishes and they knew I would get it done within a couple of hours." At home though I either get told to do it every five minutes or I get "hints" which I am supposed to interpret as promting to do something. Considering that these hints include if my mum sighs when walking into the kitchen it can get hard to know what I am supposed to do.

As for the uni work, I was getting everything done easily. I would duck down to uni in the evening to get my uni work done but apparently now that I am back home again I have strict "homework" times like I'm in bloody primary school again. I work so much better when I'm not told what to do and so when I get told it pisses the hell out of me because I know that as a result my messed up brain I wont be able to do it after being told to.

And the last thing I hate. When people are sitting at a Poker table with a bunch of other gullible idiots and think that if they throw some fancy words that are loosely in context they are the best players ever. What is worse is those idiots at the table then start doing the same thing and everyone plays badly. I know that it means more money for me but sometimes I just wish those people would piss off so I can actually enjoy myself while taking the other people's money.

Grammar nazis on forums piss me the hell off. (not the OP, that is all legit stuff)

Just people talking about fucking independent clauses and commas and shit on forums like people give a fuck if forum posts are grammatically correct, as long as I can read it without having 2 r3plac3 numb3r5 with l3tt3r5 that have no right being there in the first place I couldn't give a shit if people want to put a comma down their urethra, and piss it back out.

Also when you go on YouTube and the most liked comment is "x number of dislikes on the video hold an opposing belief to what is being shown in the video".

And Polish people.
Everything stated here, including the Polish people part. Also, continuing with the YouTube thing, it's also annoying how every song's top rated comment, if not about the number of dislikes, it's about Justin Bieber. Or how Justin Bieber made x amount of accounts to dislike the video. I just don't get how people so mindlessly thumbs up anything that mentions the dislikes. It's not funny or clever. What should be thumbed up are funny or clever comments.

What also bothers me is when people rant about insignificant things like they're so horrible. Which I guess I just did right there, but oh well.

I don't really hate it but I am kind of amused by black people that like to refer to themselves as "African American" when the last African family member they had was likely in the early 1800s. You are American, not African-American. My family immigrated from Scotland in like 1910 but you don't see me calling myself Scottish-American or European American or whatever. These terms should only really apply to folks actually born in other countries who immigrated, not people whose great great great great great great great great great grandparents immigrated and the last 12 generations were all born here.
So damn true.

And okay maybe I missed some college funds and stuff, but like I said, that's because I didn't look them up. I've heard of the NAACP and UNCF so many times in public and on TV, while I've never heard of any of those other listed websites. I've looked through all 1000 or so channels that are presented to me by my cable provider and none of them are specifically for a race except BET. There is a Spanish speaking channel, there is a Jewish interest channel, but anyone could speak Spanish or be Jewish

My main complaint is that black people promote so many black-only things in public (and the [black] public loves them) and then they go and complain about racism left and right. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS REVERSE RACISM. Racism the other way around is still racism, you would have to be an idiot not to realize that. Example: John won't be interviewed on the news because he's white. Other way around: John will be interviewed on the news because he's white. They are both racist, just in different ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)