UK Arceus Event - GAME Stores

I'm going to Preston though I'm just a lurker.

Can anyone tell me if the wondercard provides the proper ingame Arceus catch, or if its another guy in Pokemart job? It really makes a difference to how many I can get!

Tia

From what I hear it's the Farceus. Level 100 in the PokeMart. I'm starting to think we'll never see the Azure Flute.

It's definitely the Farceus (Level 100 Arceus) given to you by the Pokemart guy. If it had been the Azure Flute Arceus or any alternative version of it, there would have been a big deal about it made in here, believe me.

Well I was at the Birmingham one for a bit. Played a few battles, most of which I lost because I don't have a remotely competitive team. (If you battled Crawdaunt, Sceptile, Glalie, Torkoal, Swellow, and Pikachu, that was probably me. They're the only level 100s I have). Faced a few people who seemed to know what they were doing, not that it's easy to tell when I was so bad. And then my DS battery went flat.

I went to Aylesbury, it was really fun :heart:

Either of these any good?

(Diamond)
Arceus - #493 (Modest)
HP: 24
Att: 30
Def: 13
SpA: 28
SpD: 1
Speed: 2

(Platinum)
Arceus - #493 (Adamant)
HP: 1
Att: 28
Def: 3
SpA: 25 - 26
SpD: 18
Speed: 31

The second one is better I think. Weak defensively, but should be able to run a sweeper set. Of course it can't be fully EVed - I'm not sure if anyone really knows how good it is in Ubers (Shoddy can't implement the EV limit), but IIRC it can at least hold its own.

The second one is better I think. Weak defensively, but should be able to run a sweeper set. Of course it can't be fully EVed - I'm not sure if anyone really knows how good it is in Ubers (Shoddy can't implement the EV limit), but IIRC it can at least hold its own.
Really? Because I found this on Pokébeach:

This simple trick for EV training your level 100, Generation 4 Pokemon might have been found out already, and be posted somewhere, but if it has, it has been overlooked by me. If this trick isn't out there anywhere, I'm glad to have discovered it.

Have you ever recieved a level 100 Pokemon that has the potential to be good, but it's EV's just aren't in the right place for you? If you have, please read further, this will help you out alot.

First, to save some people some reading time, I will give ONLY the steps of how to do this correctly. Second, I will give the step-by-step details of how I discovered how to do this.

Section One (How to EV train your Level 100 Pokemon in Generation Four.)

Step 1) Use stat reducing berries (Pomeg for HP, Kelpsy for Attack, Qualot for Defense, Hondew for Special Attack, Grepa for Special Defense, Tamato for Speed), and remove ALL of your Pokemon's Effort Points.

Step 2) Give you Pokemon one Effort Point in a stat that it will NOT be needing it in.

Step 3) EV train your Pokemon, as usual, with either vitamins or through battling. Be sure to give it ALL of the Effort Points in ALL of the stats you will want them to be in, or you will have to start these steps over again.

Step 4) Remove the one extra Effort point you gave your Pokemon. Upon completion of these four steps, you will have successfully EV trained your level 100 pokemon with the stats you want it to have.

Section Two (How I discovered that this trick really works.)

I was EV training an Altaria today, and I rare candied it up to level 90 before I trained it in any way. When I was training it to have the exact EV's I wanted, I accedentally gave it an EV I didn't want it to have. By this time I had already given it 252 EV's in HP (The maximum allowed for a Pokemon in any one stat). I used a stat reducing berry to remove the EV I didn't want, and noticed that upon doing this, and without leveling it up, it's HP jumped from 290, to 315.

I completed EV training on the Altaria, but wondered if this was a version of the old "Box Trick" from the 3rd Generation games, so I had a Bold, level 100 Celebi I have always wished was EV trained differently, so I tried the steps I listed in the first section on it. AND IT WORKED!!!

I cannot confirm that this trick works in Diamond and Pearl Versions, but I can confirm it works in Platinum Version. If someone out there wishes to try this trick on Diamond or Pearl to confirm or disprove that it works with those games, it would be helpful.

Thank you for your time in reading this guide, and I hope this can help you better train your Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure I tested this, and it didn't work. Level 100s can't gain EVs by battling no matter what; if they could, the box trick should work (but it doesn't). The box trick doesn't work in the 3rd generation anyway (it's 1st and 2nd gen only).

I went to the one in the Metrocentre yesterday. I forgot that your pokes levels are auto-raised to 100 in local wifi battles so I didn't fare well with the handful of 100 hundreds I had. Still I managed to trade a few more shinies of various people there.

Had a go of HG/SS and was impressed. The biggest improvement for me was that the touch screen is used a lot more. Definitely picking it up on Friday.

Went to York event and got Darkrai's entry in my Pokedex and 3 Arceus (though one is for a friend). I haven't collected any of them yet though. Good fun going on the demo games, I already preordered them but I know they will be good now. Anyone else from Smogon there?

Well I was at the Birmingham one for a bit. Played a few battles, most of which I lost because I don't have a remotely competitive team. (If you battled Crawdaunt, Sceptile, Glalie, Torkoal, Swellow, and Pikachu, that was probably me. They're the only level 100s I have). Faced a few people who seemed to know what they were doing, not that it's easy to tell when I was so bad. And then my DS battery went flat.
I was there too (but probably missed you); I battled the store "expert" with my underleveled, non-synergistic and random-natures (but correctly EV-trained, at least) in-game team (being the only one I had on me...), and won, mostly due to this pokemon:
Code:
Toxiny, Lv 52. Breloom @ Toxic Orb (Poison Heal)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 6 Def (can't remember the nature)
Spore
Leech Seed
Substitute
Focus Punch
This is pretty much a summary of why it's not worth even bothering to suspect-test the sleep clause. (OK, there are numerous ways to beat it: grass pokemon, ghost pokemon, not letting it get a turn to set up, but the "expert" didn't use any of those.) It was great fun two-hitting his Lv 100 Arceus (first with my lv. 75 or so torterra using CB Wood Hammer, which amazingly survived a hit from the Arceus (it's defensively EVed), then with a fully set-up Breloom). I was apparently the only person to beat him all day at the time I won (although someone else may have won later, or he may have been lying); although my opinion on that is that they need better experts (an ubers team containing level 100s should not lose to an OU-legal team containing nothing above level 80, especially if the team was one randomly found on a cartridge...) I hate to think what would have happened if I actually had a competitive team on me. (Perhaps I would have lost, due to the inability for most competitive teams to exploit the absence of the sleep clause...)

I was there too (but probably missed you); I battled the store "expert" with my underleveled, non-synergistic and random-natures (but correctly EV-trained, at least) in-game team (being the only one I had on me...), and won, mostly due to this pokemon:
Code:
Toxiny, Lv 52. Breloom @ Toxic Orb (Poison Heal)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 6 Def (can't remember the nature)
Spore
Leech Seed
Substitute
Focus Punch
This is pretty much a summary of why it's not worth even bothering to suspect-test the sleep clause. (OK, there are numerous ways to beat it: grass pokemon, ghost pokemon, not letting it get a turn to set up, but the "expert" didn't use any of those.) It was great fun two-hitting his Lv 100 Arceus (first with my lv. 75 or so torterra using CB Wood Hammer, which amazingly survived a hit from the Arceus (it's defensively EVed), then with a fully set-up Breloom). I was apparently the only person to beat him all day at the time I won (although someone else may have won later, or he may have been lying); although my opinion on that is that they need better experts (an ubers team containing level 100s should not lose to an OU-legal team containing nothing above level 80, especially if the team was one randomly found on a cartridge...) I hate to think what would have happened if I actually had a competitive team on me. (Perhaps I would have lost, due to the inability for most competitive teams to exploit the absence of the sleep clause...)
Yeah, the expert battler in York seemed pretty decent, didn't lose while I was in the store (I have about 2 properly ev'd pokemon and one lv100 so I didn't take him on.
Also, none of my trained mons were uber, and that's all the battles seemed to be, I suppose so that people could use their new Arceus. (What's the plural of Arceus, lol)

And I overheard some guy battling a younger kid. The kid's Arceus had Wonder Guard...

Ahah, for the last few days I've being using the term Arcei instead of Arceuses because it sounds good :P .

I was at the Kingston one, which you would know if you went. I was kinda loud >< . If you got interviewed (and it gets used) where will it appear/show?

I'll try asking here rather then starting a new thread. Did anyone get either the Ho-oh or Lugia figures through pre-ordering via Game?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I went into GAME in Manchester, but they said they weren't doing the figures in-store. Apparently it was just an online pre-order gift.. I think GameStation were doing the figures in-store, though. Quite disappointing really, a friend of mine has sent an e-mail asking if they can send him one, if not he'll be going to trading standards. I'll see what happens with that and show proof of purchase to try and get one if he succeeds, if not I'll just have to leave it and maybe try eBay if I still want them enough.

God that pissed me off too. I woke up far too early though, I was out of it and pretty much sleepwalking around the store. I didn't realise I didn't get a figure until the second I put my hand on my front door and couldn't be bothered going back. Of course I would've bought the game somewhere else if you got a free figure, but we don't have Gamestation over here. In fact, seeing as I might pick up HG eventually anyway I was thinking of getting both on release day to secure both figures. Fucking retards.

I didn't buy the hack job Strategy Guide they tried to sell me but I was almost swayed by the character stylus and the little Pokéballs they had. Almost but not quite.

I dunno if I could be bothered going to all that trouble to get a figure, though, if emailing them works post it cause I'll try it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)