Unneeded things in pokemon!

My friend told me jirachi was in that rock and it would only come out after 100 rocket launches. I belived him. That lying jerk...

Technically though, the sprites of pokemon are not neccesarily "needed", it's just that they generally enhance the aesthetics of the game.

/me gazes into distance

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Guys, if something adds to the flavor or a core idea of pokemon *ahem*IVs*ahem* don't mention it please. :)

Splash is a really neat move. I remember as a kid when it said "but nothing happened" I thought that it would have like a 1 in 10 chance of working and it would instakill all of the opponent's pokemon, even in their balls.

You don't know how long I spammed that against the elite four and champion, I just thought I was seriously unlucky...

By unneeded, it of course means something like fully-fledged skype calls to your Mom and others or defog. Something that the team actually put quite a few people on to make it happen, much moreso with defog having it's own HM and in-game conditions.

I have never got Phione though. You can only get it by breeding a manaphy, which itself is rare, but the production team actually made a new pokemon, pretty much by changing manaphy a little bit, and then made him impossible to get - almost.

I was just saying, because it was just kinda going totally off topic.

well, you could say that defog or the xtransciever added to the core flavour of the pokemon. i thought the xtransciever was cool and totally made the game more interesting, and i looked forward to using it. what is "unneeded" is not your personal call to make and to squash out everyone else's opinion; it's highly objective, and we may all state what we personally find unnecessary.

The xteansxiver is cool, but I don't need Joey calling me every five minutes to talk about rattata. There shouldn't be calls unless the person is asking for a rematch is gonna give you an item if you talk to them. Useless phone calls that waste my time are uneeded. In my opinion of course, but this is all opinion, right?

The xteansxiver is cool, but I don't need Joey calling me every five minutes to talk about rattata. There shouldn't be calls unless the person is asking for a rematch is gonna give you an item if you talk to them. Useless phone calls that waste my time are uneeded. In my opinion of course, but this is all opinion, right?
ohhh nonononono that's the pokegear. xtransciever was for gen 5.

Splash is unneeded
Splash is a great move, while it may have no merit in competitive battling, it is the essential Magikarp move. It was created to exacerbate the total uselessness of Magikarp. I think it worked quite well.
Though it does not have the 1/10 chance of a tidal wave, it still plays a role in the game.

So I went on Serebii and looked some stuff up. (When I say useful, I mean that if facilitates your pokemon adventure or adds depth to how you interact with Pokemon.)
Pokegear:
-Day and time (useful)
-Map (useful)
-Phone (delivers info and rematches)
-Radio (neat, but superfluous)

X-Transceiver
-Balloon Catch (neat, but superfluous)
-Balloon Smash (neat, but superfluous)
-Happiness and Effort Value (useful)
-Type Compatibility(Useful)
-Legendary Locations(Useful)
-Special Trades (Useful)
-Video Chat (neat, but superfluous)

If something was labelled "(neat, but superfluous)" it means it took time and resources to create, but could have been ignored for the sake of something else that would add more to the Pokemon experience.
(of course all of this is subjective, but I'll stand by my assertions.)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
well, you could say that defog or the xtransciever added to the core flavour of the pokemon. i thought the xtransciever was cool and totally made the game more interesting, and i looked forward to using it. what is "unneeded" is not your personal call to make and to squash out everyone else's opinion; it's highly objective, and we may all state what we personally find unnecessary.
Woah dude, calm down.

I like the Xtransciever as an item, but they didn't need to make art for your mom or something and give you constant calls throughout the game. All I was saying.

Also fog in no way helped the sinnoh region. Unless ponyta love fog, it didn't help the pokemon found there and would not have been missed by anyone if it was not added, and the resources and data could have gone onto something else, such as a new pokemon.

I just said it, because it was turning into more of a "complain about anything" thread. That was all.

The Cherish Ball.

While it's not unnecessary, it's still completely useless except for those events you get looking pretty.

What good is getting an awesome Pokéball if you can never actually catch something to match its looks? (CURSE YOU PIKACHU!!!!)

i'm not mad or anything lol
i was just like "what why can't i say that i think something is unneeded if i think it is"

We can agree that Keledeo's other form is completely uneeded, correct? Or, perhaps it's first form is uneeded.

Or, we can just say the pokemon is completely uneeded Whatever works.

I also think we can agree on that the ability Defeatist is very uneeded, makes no sense why a pokemon gets that or should unless they're really strong like Slaking and Regigigis. :l

wings

who actually takes the time to collect vast amounts of wings? I guess they're nice if you only need a couple more EV's, you already have the correct ones, and you really don't want to just battle another pokemon or two, but that's about it

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The wings aren't pointless though. They make EV training easier for those who don't want to battle like crazy.
Moreover, they can be used on a stat with at least 100 EV's, unlike the Vitamins which can only be used when the EV Value of that stat is below 100. So if you really wanted to EV Train, but cannot be stuffed with any other method other than shoving items into your Pokémon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)