US Last Chance Qualifier - Indianapolis, IN - June 25th, 2010 - WON BY GODUDETTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you know about how early you should get to the last chance qualifiers in order to ensure a slot or whether that will even be necessary? I'd rather not get up before six if I don't have to...

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I am starting to think that the Last Chance Qualifier is meant for those top tier players wh may have just missed out at other stops for whatever reason and not regular folk like myself...........

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
lol no. it's for everyone. Plus, since not all the top 16 get paid trips from the qualifiers, you can bet there'll be lots of extra empty slots to fill at Nats.

OK, I'll be arriving on Thursday evening and will be staying at a hotel about 15 minutes away from the tournament location. I think I am going to show up early, but probably not too early, as I do enjoy my sleep. I am looking forward to seeing everyone there! =)

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
weather or not i am going to be there will depend how i do in phoenix, so sixon do u mean to say that for people who were in the top 16 but cant make it thier spots will not be filled?

According to the rules posted on the FAQ page on the pokemonvgc website, yes. Maybe if enough people email asking about this, it might change. I will email just because I believe its worth a shot. Or maybe I should wait till after regionals to see if I have a spot. Less people would make it easier. Though I would rather do well by actually doing well then by getting byes. I will email now.

Ninahaza

i see. well idk if i loose in phoenix i may just call it for this year, i am already flying to phoenix and idk nationals would for last chance would just be eating at my wallet like a munclax in a berry garden. sigh i guess only time will tell

I can understand that. I am lucky living about 15-20 min away from my regional. I am driving to Indy for Nats/LCQ though. Freakin 926 miles according to google maps. Oh well, its a way to save money and actually be able to go. Hope you do well in Pheonix, Nats will be a lot of fun.

According to the rules posted on the FAQ page on the pokemonvgc website, yes. Maybe if enough people email asking about this, it might change. I will email just because I believe its worth a shot. Or maybe I should wait till after regionals to see if I have a spot. Less people would make it easier. Though I would rather do well by actually doing well then by getting byes. I will email now.
Wait, so what's going on? I'm confused. Is something changing about the LCQ or something?

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I guess I'll try to make it to this qualifier if my schedule allows. I'm still having trouble getting very excited about this terrible tournament format, though.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess I'll try to make it to this qualifier if my schedule allows. I'm still having trouble getting very excited about this terrible tournament format, though.
I thought that before I started making my team but it's actually a lot of fun. A lot of things that seem like gimmicks in singles can be viable in doubles with the clauses we usually use off.

Wait, so what's going on? I'm confused. Is something changing about the LCQ or something?
No, he is saying that the rules specifically say that only 16 spots will be given out at the LCQ. There will not be additional spots given out in the case of players who received invites from the regionals not showing up.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I thought that before I started making my team but it's actually a lot of fun. A lot of things that seem like gimmicks in singles can be viable in doubles with the clauses we usually use off.
Hey, man, you don't need to tell me that different strategies can be viable in doubles. I love doubles. It's pretty much all I ever play. I even wrote a guide about doubles.

It's the terrible ruleset that I'm lamenting. They're letting people use Ubers in order to cater to the kids that want to use their powerful legendary pogeymons, and the only reason Sleep Clause is off is because they couldn't be bothered to code it into the game itself and it would be too much work to referee manually. Dark Void Smeargle is not an interesting strategy. It's just annoying.

Also, single-elimination tournaments have got to be the very worst tournament style for a game like Pokémon where luck is such a factor. But again, it's more convenient to do it that way.

I will be showing up as well. Representing my loss from the JAA in Chicago. I will not lose again ;)

By the way, if anyone needs/wants to carpool, I live in Lafayette, IN. About an hour away from Indy, so speak up, I am sure we can figure something out. I also have plenty of places to crash in my apartment if you live far away. PM me.

Ninahaza

well if i dont place in top 16 atleast in phoenix and i still decide to come to indi and you are by the airport or not to far then i will take u up on the car-pool thing. and if i dont end up booking a hotel [ i am guessing all smogon players will decide to book the same hontel for awsome over-night fun/tournies] then sure on the apartment too. its not like i hate saving money especially in these times, but thats alot of IF's lol and u know i will be gratefull it if it comes down to all those IF's comming true

sigh. well, i can't make it to phoenix so i guess im going here. anyone know how tough the competition is here compared to the other regionals?

gulp. give me an honest approximation of my chances of making it to the top 16(or whatever it is that makes it to world). HONEST. ill play you on pokemon-online firestorm, but i think we already have.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
getting into t16 here is probably less probable then getting into t16 at Newark since their is so many people going to this, but some of the people going will already have spots so you might has an easier time. Your welcome :)

o i get it. for some people this is a chill tournament their just going to for fun and bragging rights. while others, like myself, are actually going to make it to nats. so in the end, it's flat out even and doesn't matter where you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)