US Last Chance Qualifier - Indianapolis, IN - June 25th, 2010 - WON BY GODUDETTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
getting into t16 here is probably less probable then getting into t16 at Newark since their is so many people going to this, but some of the people going will already have spots so you might has an easier time. Your welcome :)
Ok... so what are the chances of getting into t16 in Newark?

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
well the way i see it really is that it doesnt matter, seattle, newark or LCQ etc, the best thing you can do is prepare to counter most teams because you are facing just 6 people out of 400 plus seniors atendance average, just 6 max is all you need to get a nationals invite, so it deosnt matter were you face them, you can get paired with 4 easy ass people of those 6 at LCQ and have to beat 1 good player to give u a nats invite, where-as say in newark[or anywhere] you get paired with 4 hard as hell pokemon vets and u loose somewhere between those 4. so the way to look at it is
"there are way too many people at each event you may get paired with for you to rate your chances of making nationals based on location. think about it"

maybe i am trying to just convince myself because i also think i have less of a chance of making nationals at LCQ, but my fear is not based on location, my fear is based on time, time as in "LCQ is the last event so it is going to make it very hard to come up with a lead/team that suprises people and counters all the people who are just gonna copy/paste-edit winning teams from previous events. the team i had ready for phoenix had both a suprise [like bianca's team groudon suprise] and was hard to predict. but by the time LCQ rolls around that team will be most likely out in the open.

I'm going here.

I have a quick question, though; How do you register? I haven't been to a vgc since 06. :P

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You register on site, the day of. This year it's first-come first-serve, so don't get there too late.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will not be participating (as I have already qualified for nationals!), but I will likely be at this event just to hang out.

Most of the people I have fought online are going to Newark so I wouldn't be surprised if the competition is fierce.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wow its not looking Good for me. right now its looking like a no for nationals for me. its killing me

Ok, thanks. With a few exceptions I don't really know much about JAA or who attended, so (for everyone) if you want to fill me in on your placings in JAA I'd appreciate it.

I would love to go after getting cheated out of a chance at nats during my regionals, but it looks like I cant right not unless I can get someone to car pool or possible even room with me to cut the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)