US Regional Qualifier - Seattle, WA - May 8th, 2010 WON BY ZEROWING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone that's going interested in cards? I have 100+ extra japanese HGSS cards left over from when I bought a booster box last year. I'd love to get rid of them >.> Maybe even for free or something, if I see anyone there.

Oh, and I won't have my nidoking hoodie done in time for this, but I will have the Nido M line in the form of keychains on my Alice in Wonderland bag. You can see my picture on the second page of the VGC photo album. If anyone spots me, feel free to say hi. We can battle '09 teams while we wait or something.

What time is everyone getting there at? I was thinking of showing up between 11-12 to make sure I get a spot, but I think there were only about 250 people there last year...

I just registered an account but have been lurking here for a while now. Feathers' offer of Pokemon cards has lured me out of hiding. I'll be attending the Seattle VGC with most of my Pokemon club from the University of Washington. As the president, I must lead them into battle.

@Feathers. I've been trying to gather cards for the club to use and it would be great if we could get a hold of yours. Ill be showing up around noon, hopefully wearing my Ash Ketchum hat (if I can find it).

Also, if anyone is a UW student that wants to join a Pokemon club it would be cool to meet up at the tournament.

Diesel,
Im coming, but I never play before,
I'm going to fail,
ask Acorn or Drcosscak, I play them, they whoop me.
xP

@Feathers. I've been trying to gather cards for the club to use and it would be great if we could get a hold of yours. Ill be showing up around noon, hopefully wearing my Ash Ketchum hat (if I can find it).
I have 2 small piles of random commons/uncommons in english that I don't need and that you could probably have for free, but the HGSS are cards I'm looking to sell or trade. They're all 1st edition Japanese, so...

Is anyone going to this from spokane?
I think itd be cool to meet some people that might be interested in coming to house tournaments in the future, or something like that.

Arrival and Card Houses

Awesome, Japanese HGSS cards!?!? I gotta find you at the Regionals.

I can barely convince my ride to get me up there early in the morning, they're so irritating |p I'm gonna see if I could get there between 11-12 as well, since of the things I've been hearing.

I'm just looking forward to see all of the peoplez showing off their cool pk stuff before the tournament begins.

I'm gonna wear my Kingdom Hearts tee that I got recently. There is nothing fun and Pokemon-y to wear in my house...|p

Yup. I bought them last year a few months after they came out. Like $80-$100 per booster box. @_@

I bought 2 boxes so I could get both double LEGEND cards, which I did. I always end up with TONS of extras though, even after selling most of them. Thus is the life of a pokemon collector. I collect Nidoking line things... and cards. xD

I'll post a picture of what I'll be wearing so I'm easy to spot. :)

Is anyone that's going interested in cards? I have 100+ extra japanese HGSS cards left over from when I bought a booster box last year. I'd love to get rid of them >.> Maybe even for free or something, if I see anyone there.

What time is everyone getting there at? I was thinking of showing up between 11-12 to make sure I get a spot, but I think there were only about 250 people there last year...
I play the TCG competitively, so the cards would help me out, by a lot. I can take them off your hands, for something, if you have anything I might need.

And I'm gonna be there early, since I have a little brother in the Junior Division.

I play the TCG competitively, so the cards would help me out, by a lot. I can take them off your hands, for something, if you have anything I might need.

And I'm gonna be there early, since I have a little brother in the Junior Division.
I'll have to see what happens, I've had a whole lot of people message me about the cards. xD

I have, minus Prime cards, almost the whole HG and SS set in Japanese. I also have quite a few english versions. You know what? I think I'll just bring my whole binder and set myself up at a table. >.>

heheh. sheesh, its like nobody wants to get together to play video games anymore. I know that wifi is easy to access, but ive been getting groups of friends together to have video game tournaments for a while, and it's really just a lot more fun than playing wifi.

You know what? I think I'll just bring my whole binder and set myself up at a table. >.>
Good luck with that. Unless you have a buisness license valid in the state of Washington - TPCi will kick you out if you are receiving money for them.

heheh. sheesh, its like nobody wants to get together to play video games anymore. I know that wifi is easy to access, but ive been getting groups of friends together to have video game tournaments for a while, and it's really just a lot more fun than playing wifi.
Talk to your local PTO. Here is a event is Spokane where you can talk to one of your PTO's - with a contact link.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/tournaments/16668/

Here are some regular weekly leagues in Spokane:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/leagues/3332/
http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/leagues/4629/
http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/leagues/3066/
http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/leagues/3747/

There you go - i did the searching for you. 90% of people who play the TCG also play the video game, just on a casual level. At leagues you can get free cards and DS Skins. More info about leagues can be found here:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/leagues/

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
..whoa I'm not sure if I forget Canada or Spokane exists more often.....
o)

I'll be the girl with the straight-across bangs. Not sure what I'll wear yet. Probably something girly and pink.. truck I wore my pink tracksuit last year -_0
But my DS Lite is pink!!

Doubt it'll be too hard to identify me lol.

I'll be going to UW next year (decision day just rolled by but I enrolled months ago) lol.

Good luck with that. Unless you have a buisness license valid in the state of Washington - TPCi will kick you out if you are receiving money for them.
Haha, not to sell, to trade/give away.

Is anyone going to this from spokane?
I think itd be cool to meet some people that might be interested in coming to house tournaments in the future, or something like that.
I go to school in Pullman. If you have any tournaments in the future, shoot me a message.

In other news, I'll probably be taking the 9:45AM ferry from Bremerton with some friends, and if the weather isn't bad we might walk over to the tournament. Figure it's better to be early than late.

Oh, now I am jealous. :( Video Games Live is an awesome concert. Too bad the one in Indianapolis isn't in late June, otherwise that'd be perfect with Nationals.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be there tonight but no DS. GDC, VGL, Iron Man 2, then leave for Seattle. Busy 24 hours >.>

Hopefully someone here can post if anyone from smogon won ^_^

Also, it would be awesome if (once this is over) we can know what is really popular or not :toast:

Good luck you guys!

Oh, now I am jealous. :( Video Games Live is an awesome concert. Too bad the one in Indianapolis isn't in late June, otherwise that'd be perfect with Nationals.
Hehe, I've seen it twice before. I'm excited for tonight because they're playing music from my favorite game, Shadow of the Colossus. I literally bought the tickets on the spot after I found out they would be playing that music.

I'll be there tonight but no DS. GDC, VGL, Iron Man 2, then leave for Seattle. Busy 24 hours >.>
Oh snap, busy busy. Have you seen it before?

I guess I'll see you at Seattle then.

Also, it would be awesome if (once this is over) we can know what is really popular or not :toast:
That's the part that scares me; we'll all be walking into Seattle not quite sure which strategies will be played. We have a good idea of what works, but not the frequency at which the different types of effective teams pop up.

Last year at regionals it was something like TR=Goodstuffs>Rain>other assorted weather. This year I've seen that teams mix strategies more often. The "typical" VGC 2010 team has shaped up to use multiple weathers, play in and out of TR, and have a priority move or two for good measure. I get the feeling that even after Seattle, we still won't know what's most common.

Hehe, I've seen it twice before. I'm excited for tonight because they're playing music from my favorite game, Shadow of the Colossus. I literally bought the tickets on the spot after I found out.
Lucky. I saw it for my first time in Seattle last year. If they ever have it within driving distance again, I'll be going in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)