VGC '11 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - June 4th - WON BY RubeNCB92 & Plusle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To be honest, they didn't help the queue time too much, by calling over supervisors to check if "Obama" was a suitable name for a Tyranitar.
I have a feeling that 6 is a good estimate, if not a bit later. Might have to bring some snacks.

To be honest, they didn't help the queue time too much, by calling over supervisors to check if "Obama" was a suitable name for a Tyranitar.
Seriously?

Edit: Because like I was thinking of naming one of my pokemon NickClegg and have it being Zoroark considering how he changed most of his LibDem views to Tory views straight after the election. :P

I'll be coming again this year. Don't think I'll do as well as I've hardly had time to play recently. Anyway, should be a fun day. :)

I lost count of how many times that woman shouted 'don't forget your shiny eevee' last year. I was trying to keep count but she went on and on! I wonder if she'll be back this time!

Oh I'll be in the masters group too.

Seriously?

Edit: Because like I was thinking of naming one of my pokemon NickClegg and have it being Zoroark considering how he changed most of his LibDem views to Tory views straight after the election. :P
Well played...

Also last years finished at about 5-6 I believe as people have said so probably be about 7 I reckon

I'll almost certainly be looking to enter again this year. Just glad it doesn't clash with the MCM May Expo again - was planning to go to London from Devon on the Thursday, then up to Birmingham for the Saturday, back to London that evening, and then back to Devon on the Monday. Would've been a fun few trips!
Yeah, clashing with the Expo last year was a real downer. It was a tough decision and in the end I chose Expo...

But I'll be there this year! Better brush up on my battling and scrounge up a good team from somewhere... I'm assuming Terra-cott will be this year's Top-ogre?

I'm considering going this year. Trying to put together a good team is damn frustrating, haha.

Is it a good experience? Just asking people who have been in previous years what it is like.

I'm considering going this year. Trying to put together a good team is damn frustrating, haha.

Is it a good experience? Just asking people who have been in previous years what it is like.
Tbh, I really enjoyed it last year. Didn't get to compete, but battled loads of people in union room and was a good laugh. I'd definately recommend going if you can get there.

Tbh, I really enjoyed it last year. Didn't get to compete, but battled loads of people in union room and was a good laugh. I'd definately recommend going if you can get there.
I am seriously considering it, haha. Still trying to get a grip on VGC, though. Haha.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GET IT DONE KINNEAS, i am only ninahaza by myself. merely a man and thats why i need you to make it back to worlds because when you add Kinneas to ninahaza, a truely terrifying force is born and i need that much power to take down people like Bluecookies+PBB.

PS: also bring rees with you if you can. good luck to everyone else, hope more of you make it to worlds this year

PSS: cant forget G.E.C and ZOG

Yeah, I think I got more than my annual fix of penis drawings from spending a single minute in the pictochat lobby last year.

That and the complete embarassment when my buddy was pictochatting using my DS and said the misty cosplayer had "nice tits" or something. Turned out she was actively posting in the same lobby. What an idiot, honestly hahaha.

Yeah, I think I got more than my annual fix of penis drawings from spending a single minute in the pictochat lobby last year.

That and the complete embarassment when my buddy was pictochatting using my DS and said the misty cosplayer had "nice tits" or something. Turned out she was actively posting in the same lobby. What an idiot, honestly hahaha.
:') hahahahaha

can I just say though, to anyone planing on using a 3DS, battry life. Streetpass at this event in thoery should be heavenly, but with wireless on could leave undesired battery drain.

I'll be there as well. (Are we going to use any particular method for identifying other Smogonites, to avoid them in the queue?)

It hasn't been mentioned in the thread yet, so I'll say it here (it's on the website): there are 256 junior, 256 senior, 512 masters allowed to compete; and they will have power sockets available, so that you can avoid battery life issues by bringing your own DS charger (they won't provide the chargers themselves, though).

Lol, never knew that was going on. Will have to look this year. I bet it was hilarious. Also, well played to your mate haha.

Yup, heading there myself, first time for me and I'll be in the "Masters" division, I've never been anywhere near the tourney location before now, so should be a good laugh, heading there with a mate, so we'll have to see who gets furthest :P

Only problem is coming up with a good team now that it's Gen V only pokemon, oh garchomp how I will miss you :(

I've been referred to this site by a friend, and just thought I'd say hi, and hopefully see you in Birmingham! Never been to a tournament, hope I do as well as I do home here...

Ooo question, does anyone know how the tournament actually works. For instance, how do they choose who you go against? Is it done by the person infront/behind you? Also can you say if you're I'm a group of friends or not? Because you obviously don't want to play against mates round 1.

Ooo question, does anyone know how the tournament actually works. For instance, how do they choose who you go against? Is it done by the person infront/behind you? Also can you say if you're I'm a group of friends or not? Because you obviously don't want to play against mates round 1.
Generally you'll get matched up with someone not next to you but somewhere close to you in the line. They file you into the tournament area and direct you to a DS to stand at. Usually they'll let you fight someone else if you get matched up against your mate, but sometimes they'll say no like when I got matched with Picollo last year (that was cause we were the last 2 people to be directed into the playing area).

That said though it might be completely different this year cause they're asking everyone to bring their own DS, and from what it looks like the tournament's being done by wireless.

And to give you an idea how epic these drawings were, I remember there being a gigantic picture of a knob stretching over like 10 posts with contributions by several people. Aww yeah, we English are so mature.

Man, starting to wish I'd actually thought of going in Pictochat, for the boredom it might have killed. Looks like with the battery limit it won't be advisable. ;P Ah well.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Please try to keep the posts Pokemon/VGC related. If you wanna make lunch plans, do it via VM and don't clutter up this thread.

That is all.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Attending list has been updated.

Guys do me a favour. If you want me to (and if you have organised it already of course), just post your arrival details (whether you'll be staying the night, what time your train arrives etc) and I can update it into the OP. You can organise meeting with other people through this if you wish to.

Am I right in thinking that if there will be 256 people, and there is 1 battle per round up to the final 8 (Is that right?), then you need to win 5 matches to get an invite this year?

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I should be in Birmingham the night beforehand so if anyone wants to meet then i'd be glad to.

Pokemafia: There will be 512 in the Masters division, 256 in the other two. So basically Masters you will need to win one more match than in the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)