VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Solace, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

Ok. I'm trying to decide a spread for a Follow Me Togekiss. That's geared toward special attacking. Can someone per chance, glide me toward a moveset & spread?
  2. Skyshayde

Skyshayde

So, I have been seeing quite a few minimize blisseys/chansey's lately, anyone know a good counter?
  3. The Last Sheikah

The Last Sheikah

No Guard + DynamicPunch Machamp is the ultimate counter. Otherwise taunt it or hope you win a PP war. I would guess Aura Sphere would never do enough damage to overcome leftovers+softboiled, but that could work too.
  4. Tog3T3st

Tog3T3st

I quiet met with some of them too (with shuckle...) . The best you could do is Fake out + fighting attack, so you could attack again next turn or predict a switch. Taunt (hope it won't has mental herb..) or, like it was said, dynamicpunch + No Guard machamp.

Edit: spore could also work.
  5. tlyee61

tlyee61

Sacred Sword Terrakion/Virizion is one of my favorite counters. Also, fighting gem close combat from terrakion can ohko it provided that it hits.
  6. Oyster

Oyster

Could I get a checklist for the basic things that every goodstuffs team should have on it? I'm trying to build my first VGC team.
  7. tlyee61

tlyee61

steel type
    dragon type
    fake out
    cress
    cress counter
    water resist or soemething for anti weather (virizion is a personal fav of mine ;))
  8. hathater

hathater

thanks tls, any good trrick room attackers?
  9. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

On the physical side: Conkeldurr, Hariyama, Escavalier
    On the Special side: Reuniclus, Cresselia (maybe, depend on set)

But some pokemon deserve special mention: Glaceon (in HailRoom is devasting), Amoonguss ("fastets" spore on field), some variants of Gallade and some variants of chandelure.
  10. Anas2k7

Anas2k7

Gastrodon
  11. Excalibar

Excalibar

Hey, I have a quick question. When it comes to the VGC, I have experience in EV Training, searching for the perfect IVs, and coming up with solid teams. However, one of the problems that I have been having is coming up with new teams and ideas. For example, I wanted to come up with a Trick Room team, but I didn't know what would be the best combination to use (obviously there is no such thing as the "best", otherwise everyone would be using it or complaining about how it had been banned). I'm just looking for a place to find some solid ideas before I invest the time into IV and EV training Pokemon. Thanks for any help you can give.

Excalibar~
  12. hoult66

hoult66

Here is a place to get some ideas and look at other peoples teams. www.nuggetbridge.com/reports/
    Also if you just wanna try out a new team you could try it on PO or PS
  13. hathater

hathater

any good trick room attackers that no one uses? because i was looking for original pokemon thanks anyways anas2k7.
  14. tlyee61

tlyee61

rhyperior, eviolite rhydon, eviolite scyther, eviolite zweilious, steelix, hariyama, glaceon off the top of my head
  15. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

maybe you can use the Mewtwo Huy used in VGC2010 championship.
  16. hathater

hathater

thats cool isn't hariyama used a lot in trick room, any good walls that are underused?
  17. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

Try this:

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EV’s: 252 HP / 252 SDef
    IV’s: 2 Spd
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Curse
    - Slack Off
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
  18. hathater

hathater

Cool, but isn't setting up in vgc looked down on, but I've probably have wasted you time, so ill use it
  19. Sidfrid

Sidfrid

Setting up really depend on the pokemon, here are few examples:

Volcarona: high risk-high reward, in only one turn of setup this moth WRECK wholes teams. with a modest nature max SAtk AND +1 from quiver dance she can OHKO that damn Cresselia, really a feast that no pokemon can achieve (without a gem or 2 maybe 3 turns of setup)

Scizor: with excellent typing, incredible usefull ability and nice coverage Scizor can abuse Sword Dance, finding turns to setup thanks to his resistance and only having a weakness (that can be patched up a little with rain) is really easy. And remember that he have STABed priority, power up by technician, maybe a gem AND +2 in attack, THAT is a hitting like a truck!

For your underused needs:

Cofagrigus: the nightmare of (this metagame filled) fighting type pokemon, there is not a physical attacker resiliant on his ability that dare touch Cofagrigus so he can Calm Mind to his heart(?) content, this set REALLY appreciate Trick Room support.

There are really nice pokemon that can setup depending on the situation, like the always annoying Minimize Chansey/Blissey. It really depends on your skill to get the best of every turn.

(I really hope you try some of this pokes)
  20. hathater

hathater

Wow, thanks for the advice, minimize chancey looks great! but the time limit is what sets it back with all back and the fighting types, confagrigus is the pokemon i'm quite looking for and mummy is awesome to get rid of durants and hitmontops, that go for 2nd intimidates. Would dusclops be by any chance better? because it has everything a confagrigus has, but mummy and disable to stop choice items users. I have seen a crawdaunt one hit ko'd a cresselia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkh4Xvbw-vU&list=UUkGBiarFDOqlWR-WbA8eCsQ&index=4 with adaptibily. great thanks to Sidfrid (notice how I capitalized you).
  21. Alblupe

Alblupe

I need a chlorophyll venusaur for my team. Yesterday I got a female bulbasaur with that hidden ability and my idea was to use RNG to get a perfect egg. But I've read that it's impossible to get a female bulbasaur with that hidden ability. So, any idea of how to get a legal chlorophyll venusaur to use him in VGC or other tournaments?
  22. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

If I was you, I'd build a team without Chlorophyll Venusaur; you'll never be able to know 100% if any you get is legal or not - and you don't want to turn up to an event and get told you can't use it.
  23. Anas2k7

Anas2k7

you can try to use it on GBU, if it works there it'll probably pass any hack check
  24. Chenkovsky

Chenkovsky

The hack tests at VGC are somewhat more rigorous than those of GBU, so I wouldn't take that risk as something as obvious as a pokemon with a ability illegal for the gender probably wouldn't pass...
  25. tlyee61

tlyee61

actually IIRC most things that pass the GBU test are legal at VGC. Pokecheck also has an identical hackchecker on their site here: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=toolbox (although you need an account and a way to upload the Pokemon, which shouldn't be that hard...)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)