Other Viable Megas

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mega Lati@s we saw didn't have the mega symbol that other megas have over the "Lv" symbol. It's likely either fake or a placeholder. Plus the duo would need Dragon/Fairy and/or a 200 BST gain to be worth a look over Soul Dew Lati@s.
Maybe it has to do with his hack on the ROM?

I won't even begin to understand how he was able to do this, my assumption is he probably changed the wild pokemon encounters to a set pokemon ID number?

Again assuming, the only times a pokemon go mega in the game are when a trainer commands the pokemon to do so. So by following my previous assumption, he would have to change the encounter to BE the pokemon already mega'd?

I don't know, not going to write it off as fake right away.

Maybe it has to do with his hack on the ROM?

I won't even begin to understand how he was able to do this, my assumption is he probably changed the wild pokemon encounters to a set pokemon ID number?

Again assuming, the only times a pokemon go mega in the game are when a trainer commands the pokemon to do so. So by following my previous assumption, he would have to change the encounter to BE the pokemon already mega'd?

I don't know, not going to write it off as fake right away.
It wouldn't be too hard to hack a wild pokemon to mega evolve. Since the game's ai already lets trainers do it, you'd just have to change wild settings to match those of trainer settings and give him a megastone. I don't know how I'd do it since I swore off hacking when I broke my pearl game, but it'd be doable, and what am I doing? I'm the guy saying we should stop talking about this probable fake!

They could have the same stone, Latite or something.

That purple-ish hue looks like a perfect combination of the two lati's right now, one is red, one is blue. red+blue=purple

Am I he only one that doesn't see too much Mega blaziken, let alone Blaziken?
I am only barely dwelling between 2100-2200 so I won't say my opinions matter much but still.
I see a lot more mega lucario and gengar than Blaziken.
Hell, I see a lot more Mega Garchomp and Charizard than Mega Blaziken.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
The thing is. Every mega is viable to an extent, with niches of their own. Not of them are bad per se.

The real question is which one deserves to have that single mega slot in the team dedicated to them?

Am I he only one that doesn't see too much Mega blaziken, let alone Blaziken?
I am only barely dwelling between 2100-2200 so I won't say my opinions matter much but still.
I see a lot more mega lucario and gengar than Blaziken.
Hell, I see a lot more Mega Garchomp and Charizard than Mega Blaziken.
The problem with Mega-Blaziken is that it's too similar to Blaziken. Don't get me wrong, Blaziken is great, but Mega-Blaziken is just a power boost. All the other Megas have some sort of change that makes them different from the original: Lucario gets Adaptability, Gengar gets Shadow tag, Garchomp becomes a wall-breaker rather than a sweeper, Charizard becomes good etc. If you don't have another Mega, and you're using Blaziken, you might as well use Mega-Blaziken. But if another Mega could help you better, than use regular Blaziken.

I'm really curious as to the OU viability of M-Abomasnow. No one I see ever uses it, but it's gotta be more threatening now with boosts to every stat Abomasnow could possibly want boosts to.

Clearly Abomasnow didn't want speed. It's not like its got tons of weaknesses.
With 60 speed as it is, there's not a lot that could be done to improving it without being a total waste of the +100 BST for mega evolving. Abomasnow usually needed to take a hit and fire back anyway, and now he'll be much better at it.

With 60 speed as it is, there's not a lot that could be done to improving it without being a total waste of the +100 BST for mega evolving. Abomasnow usually needed to take a hit and fire back anyway, and now he'll be much better at it.
90/105/105 defenses are okay (not great, but okay) but combine that with Mega-Abomasnow's lack of recovery and it's TERRIBLE defensive typing...

Still, I foresee a great future for it on trick room teams, especially in double battles (100% accurate Blizzard anyone?)

90/105/105 defenses are okay (not great, but okay) but combine that with Mega-Abomasnow's lack of recovery and it's TERRIBLE defensive typing...
Fairynough.

Still, I foresee a great future for it on trick room teams, especially in double battles (100% accurate Blizzard anyone?)
Pretty much where I'm expecting it to go. I didn't have a mega planned for my VGC team yet, and this guy is turning into a very likely candidate.

Whoops, it does have two forms of 'reliable' recovery: Giga Drain and Synthesis (although only through BW2 move tutors). Giga Drain could be good on a Special Set, 112.5 base power (including STAB) is none too shabby. Synthesis is kind of awful though thanks to Snow Warning. (Thanks Game Freak). Checking rest of movepool now... Wait, the only non-STAB special moves it learns are Shadow Ball and Normal type?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Whoops, it does have two forms of 'reliable' recovery: Giga Drain and Synthesis (although only through BW2 move tutors). Giga Drain could be good on a Special Set, 112.5 base power (including STAB) is none too shabby. Synthesis is kind of awful though thanks to Snow Warning. (Thanks Game Freak). Checking rest of movepool now... Wait, the only non-STAB special moves it learns are Shadow Ball and Normal type?

and Hidden Power.

He relies on EQ for coverage anyway.

I think calling it terrible is a misnomer, it carries a decent special bulk and a type combo geared to resisting Special moves.
That said, the Megaevo is probably better in the defensive/stallish Abomasnow builds that benefit from offense to switch into the offensive

Edit: I never figured about the recovery before, mince.

I think calling it terrible is a misnomer, it carries a decent special bulk and a type combo geared to resisting Special moves.
That said, the Megaevo is probably better in the defensive/stallish Abomasnow builds that benefit from offense to switch into the offensive
LO abomasnow also does less damage than M-Abomasnow

and ice/grass is underrated a bit
it says "rotom-w? that's cute."

uninvested eq coming off of 130 atc is still scary and no one in their right mind would switch in a physical wall to a stab blizzard anyway.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I haven't read through the whole three but has anyone mentioned mega-pinsir it is really good I sweep with it pretty constantly on showdown with this set
Pinsir@ pinsirite
Moxie/ aerilate
252 attack evs
252 speed evs
4 HP evs
Jolly nature
- swords dance
- quick attack
- earthquake
- close combat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)