Volcarona

I would like to note some things.
I no longer view Moltres as a proper counter to Moth, as Moltres has to have a good way to deal with it. Moth can simply set up more Butterfly Dances. This remains true for Tentacruel and Heatran (although Heatran can explode), meaning that HP Rock does seem superior for hitting Flyings.
And I agree that Garchomp seems like a solid revenger to come in after a Butterfly Dance, barring HP Ice/Substitute sets.

Hey guys, looking at the common leads for the current metagame and assuming only a few changes in Gen V leads, Ulgamoth could be a very effective Anti-Lead!

Azelf, Machamp, Metagross, Infernape, Jirachi, Ninjask and Roserade are hit SE by Fire Blast/Wind Storm/Bug Buzz.

Outside of the top ten, those 3 moves hit SE on things like Tyranitar, Uxie, Starmie, Forretress and Bronzong.

Pokemon that still manage to not get hit SE are Hippowdon, Aerodactyl, Smeargle (Hah), Gliscor, Crobat and Dragonite.

All of these except Smeargle are hit SE by Hidden Power Ice.

Heatran and Swampert are really the only things in the top 20 that could handle Fire Blast, Bug Buzz, Wind Storm and HP Ice effectively.

Hey guys, looking at the common leads for the current metagame and assuming only a few changes in Gen V leads, Ulgamoth could be a very effective Anti-Lead!

Azelf, Machamp, Metagross, Infernape, Jirachi, Ninjask and Roserade are hit SE by Fire Blast/Wind Storm/Bug Buzz.

Outside of the top ten, those 3 moves hit SE on things like Tyranitar, Uxie, Starmie, Forretress and Bronzong.

Pokemon that still manage to not get hit SE are Hippowdon, Aerodactyl, Smeargle (Hah), Gliscor, Crobat and Dragonite.

All of these except Smeargle are hit SE by Hidden Power Ice.

Heatran and Swampert are really the only things in the top 20 that could handle Fire Blast, Bug Buzz, Wind Storm and HP Ice effectively.

And how much damage does Heatran take from a Butterfly Danced Gale? I think Butterfly Dance should be a staple, even on an anti-Lead (which was a role I was debating). Imagine people leading with Nattorei (and I know that spelling's probably wrong)

I guess not when they're all packing focus-sash eh? Haha.

But he could effectively drop almost all leads to at least 1%, if they set up stealth rocks then they're dead, if they kill off Ulgamoth you can switch in a priority attacker and kill them before they set up rocks etc.

My thoughts on leading for him would be that he could probably force switch, or at least set up on most of the common leads (common for 4th gen, of course. If Gigaisu becomes a common lead because of his carrying stealth rock, Urugamoth won't work as a lead at all), and then sweep without ever having worried about SR

If he packs Hidden Power Ground then the only lead he really has to properly worry about is Swampert, and since when has that not been the case for most leads?

Actually, Bug Buzz has a chance to 2HKO Swampert. Unfortunately Swampert could probably just OHKO back...

I don't suppose a +2 Bug Buzz has a shot at OHKoing Swampert, does it? I could see him managing to get Butterfly and Fire Dances both up before getting KOd by Swamp.

85.3% - 100.5%

That's a +2 Bug Buzz for you.

Just barely.

But fire dance is also an attacking move right? So if he does get the boost, Swampert would be going down. I just don't know if it warrants a move slot.

Not ideal, but I was gonna run Fire Dance for the boost anyway, regardless of the Swampert thing. And presuming you can get a hazard up, too... Moth might actually have a fighting chance against Swampert

Im leaning towards a sub set with bdance, sub, fire blast and bug buzz and either a peteya or a salac berry. after taking sr damage against something you can force out, you sub on the switch, which activates your boost berry and swarm. this also protects from priority. too bad tons of ou typings shit on fire/bug coverage, though you may be able to blast through some with the the berry boost and swarm bonus.

EDIT: i was thinking, you could run a third coverage move over butterfly dance, but it would be a shame to not abuse such a wonderful stat up move.

EDIT: i was thinking, you could run a third coverage move over butterfly dance, but it would be a shame to not abuse such a wonderful stat up move.
You could also consider replacing Bug Buzz/Fire Move, but I don't know exactly how that would affect the coverage:

Bug: Supereffective against Dark, Grass, and Psychic
NFE: Fighting, Fire, Ghost, Steel, Flying, Poison

Fire:Supereffective against Grass, Bug, Ice, and Steel
NFE: Dragon, Fire, Rock, Water

Immediately, loss of Bug Buzz means Tyranitar can stop you easily, while loss of Fire Blast means that Steels can wall you (This is assuming HP Rock).

I could see this Pokemon doing insanely well when paired with something like Starmie for Rapid Spin. Two great Pokemon that, together, cover a wide range of -- if not most -- Pokemon as a whole.

Only problem is handling Ghost-type Pokemon on the Rapid Spin switch.

I could see this Pokemon doing insanely well when paired with something like Starmie for Rapid Spin. Two great Pokemon that, together, cover a wide range of -- if not most -- Pokemon as a whole.

Especially if something like shadow tag scarf shandera comes in for the revenge kill with shadow ball. Not fun.

You could run a LO Rapid Spin Starmie set. That should be able to take out Shanderaa as it switches in with Surf (and Leftovers Starmie might be able to do this as well).

I wonder if Substitute/Trick/Rapid Spin/Hydro Pump with Swim Goggles could bait out Shanderaa as well. You Sub as it switches in, Trick as it breaks your Sub and falls asleep. Trick again, assuming it had Choice Scarf, to get Swim Goggles back. Hopefully Shanderaa stays asleep and you can just smack it around with Hydro Pump.

Give Starmie an Aiming Mark.

Bam.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It is untrue. People need to read threads, this has been confirmed as false what four days ago? Anyway I can see this thing shrinking to BL despite the amazing stats, all cause of SR.

It is untrue. People need to read threads, this has been confirmed as false what four days ago? Anyway I can see this thing shrinking to BL despite the amazing stats, all cause of SR.
I think it should be updated in the main post. People are jumping to this because Serebii just posted the false information on his site.

I also think that it could be BL. However, even if it does fall in usage, it will still find a place on OU teams. I hope.

Anyways, Magic Coat, Magic Mirror, and Rapid Spin are all ways to get rid of SR.
Starmie and Doryzuu can hit the new ghosts very effectively. Therefore, if anyone really wanted to, I think they can use Moth in OU.

The only wild card right now (at least to me) is Gengar.

How is the rate of Fire Dance of boosting Special Attack? 30%?

Fire Dance looks like Charge Beam but with a decent power base of 80. It can be perfectly used instead Fire Blast.

How is the rate of Fire Dance of boosting Special Attack? 30%?

Fire Dance looks like Charge Beam but with a decent power base of 80. It can be perfectly used instead Fire Blast.
Apparently Serebii has it listed as 100% chance of Sp. Atk boost. If true, I'll be using it as the only Fire move.

Apparently Serebii has it listed as 100% chance of Sp. Atk boost. If true, I'll be using it as the only Fire move.
Jesuchrist. A STAB Fire move which rises own Special Attack plus a STAB Bug move which drops opponent Special Defense. This thing can be one of the most dangerous Special Sweepers ever.

Just pair it with a Rapid Spinner Starmie and a Pursuit Tyranitar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)