Oh god
I can change all the sprites and cries and music
I didn't realise that until now
Awesome
Thanks whoever it was that said that

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well the preview teams isn't great, but it's not that handicapping. So just try to use it at your advantage.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I should probably mention this is not the thread for discussing team previews or any specific item of any of our rulesets. I'm just following what was decided.

What is the place? I don't know, but not here.

finally, i'm tired of being PO people are just so freaking random, i'm just hoping it's a little more competitive

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
lol, I'm loving the fact that 60%+ of the comments on this thread are "Oh I finally get to play against good players again, instead of the scrubs on Beta Server" and yet, I'm sure most good beta players are far better than anyone who said that.

*checks ratings of people who bashed Beta players*

Yeah, most of you are in the 900's or 1000's... so you probably shouldn't be talking.

Also, you might wanna try thanking the creator of PO, as opposed to the guy who's only running the server (no offense to Super), as without him, most of you would still be playing on Shoddy.

lol, I'm loving the fact that 60%+ of the comments on this thread are "Oh I finally get to play against good players again, instead of the scrubs on Beta Server" and yet, I'm sure most good beta players are far better than anyone who said that.

Yeah, most of you are in the 900's or 1000's... so you probably shouldn't be talking.

Also, you might wanna try thanking the creator of PO, as opposed to the guy who's only running the server (no offense to Super), as without him, most of you would still be playing on Shoddy.
These comments are not unfounded. I don't like to comment negatively on other individuals' battling prowess, but Beta Server's playerbase is admittedly worse. It should also be noted that ranking is irrelevant; it depends much more on how frequently one plays than on one's skill level. For example, Gouki is only #280 in 4th Gen OU, but I'm sure he could hold his own against those other 279 players. I know you're personally active on Beta, but these are the facts.

Also, we've been very supportive of coyotte. He received his IRC badge recently, and he has gained great recognition for his programming. Many of Smogon's authority / staff members are extremely thankful for his efforts, and the community as a whole is very appreciative of PO.

" It should also be noted that ranking is irrelevant; it depends much more on how frequently one plays than on one's skill level."

Beta ladder pairs you up with those people based on points :|.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
These comments are not unfounded. I don't like to comment negatively on other individuals' battling prowess, but Beta Server's playerbase is admittedly worse. It should also be noted that ranking is irrelevant; it depends much more on how frequently one plays than on one's skill level. For example, Gouki is only #280 in 4th Gen OU, but I'm sure he could hold his own against those other 279 players. I know you're personally active on Beta, but these are the facts.

Also, we've been very supportive of coyotte. He received his IRC badge recently, and he has gained great recognition for his programming. Many of Smogon's authority / staff members are extremely thankful for his efforts, and the community as a whole is very appreciative of PO.
I respectfully disagree, the reason it seems that the player-base on Beta has overall lower abilities is because our player base is much smaller. A smaller player base inevitably leads to a smaller amount of good players, creating that illusion. I'm fairy certain if there was a way to quantify the "average" abilities of Smogon's player base and Beta's player base they would be about the same.

Also, although I do agree that ranking is largely irrelevant for players who don't frequent Beta, the fact is that if you have been on Beta long enough to "be tired of playing bad players," then you go there enough to have a high ranking.

I'd like to point out that I'm not referring to the entire Smogon Community when I say this, only those who are too idiotic to realize that Smogon is just bigger, not better than PO. Get off your high horses, bashing the PO community is pretty stupid, considering everything that's going on in Smogon right now.

I respectfully disagree, the reason it seems that the player-base on Beta has overall lower abilities is because our player base is much smaller. A smaller player base inevitably leads to a smaller amount of good players, creating that illusion. I'm fairy certain if there was a way to quantify the "average" abilities of Smogon's player base and Beta's player base they would be about the same.

Also, although I do agree that ranking is largely irrelevant for players who don't frequent Beta, the fact is that if you have been on Beta long enough to "be tired of playing bad players," then you go there enough to have a high ranking.

I'd like to point out that I'm not referring to the entire Smogon Community when I say this, only those who are too idiotic to realize that Smogon is just bigger, not better than PO. Get off your high horses, bashing the PO community is pretty stupid, considering everything that's going on in Smogon right now.

Im kinda with kokoloko, there is no reason to say the beta players are better or worse. If we were that superior we would dominate the rankings, would not we?

Please dont make this thread a "Beta sucks discussion", its the server we all have been using (and will keep since the smogon server is rigth now down, hope not for good). I get anoyed too by some random stuff (i almost got sweept by a Butterfly Dance Butterfree lol) (yeah i suck at stop set uppers, ok?), but genneraly the people in Beta are at the smogon average, if not better, they only dont keep the track of our standarts, thus are more unpredictable (for us, of course), and im pretty sure thats what makes most of you so angry at Beta playes

Thats just childish

Anyway, i think they deserve our respect, we are just different (i know how chesee that sounds, but its the one and only truth)

In other news, how long will the server be down? I just stared like 7 matches, then it kicked me out, and now it doesnt even is in the server list. Dont tell me if its like the Poke Lab or shoddy ones!

I'm not bashing the PO Community specifically, as there are good people there. But, there are still really bad people that come from various other sites, as PO is now the main simulator that everyone is using.

It should be noted, Faladran, that none of the people who actually posted trash about the Beta playerbase are actually recognised/badged. They are mostly simple no-names and just giving your whole community a bad name. Now, as for your initial statement, I will say that I feel quite offended. The reason you people think we have worse players is that when you first enter, you are paired up against the lower ladderers. I could say the same about the smogon server; I have yet to lose a battle on that ladder, and conversely, my rank is relatively high (I stopped at no.3 last night). Comments like this:

I'm not bashing the PO Community specifically, as there are good people there. But, there are still really bad people that come from various other sites, as PO is now the main simulator that everyone is using.
are very amusing, because if someone has been laddering for a while and is still facing bad players, well, since the ladder pairs you up with those who are of similar skill to you, what does that imply about them?

From someone who actually does hold top rankings, this is a piece of advice: Get to top 5, and then you have any right in the world to consider the rest worse than you. With a ladder score of 900, comments like this are laughable.

My respect goes to smogon's actual staff and relevant members, who have actually not contributed to this trash-topic at all.

Any way to import Pokemon Lab teams to Pokemon Online? Troublesome to copy my treasures by hand all over again.

If the Pokemon Lab export is the same as Shoddy then you can just import your team. First you need to export your team from Pokemon Lab to text format, then you select import in the Pokemon Online team builder and paste your team into the text box and voila.

Looks like the server's back up, thanks for creating it!

(20:11:07) +RankingBot: Your rank in Dream World OU is -1/6
but wat

EDIT: and now it's -1/7. I'm not new to PO or the ranking system, but I've never seen negative numbers before. welp, and now it's -1/8.

Looks like the server's back up, thanks for creating it!

but wat

EDIT: and now it's -1/7. I'm not new to PO or the ranking system, but I've never seen negative numbers before.
The negative numbers bug is a very old one, and as such, it was fixed a long time ago. Either Super brought it back while he was messing about, or it has resurfaced for some other reason in the recent build (in which case, other servers would exhibit it too).

This goes to Super: if you still have the bug, search through the fixes forums, and if you can't find it, contact coyotte.

well, i am having a problem. when I go the smogon server, it says to type my password in. I do it correctly, but right after I am disconnected from the server... Has anyone had this problem recently?

well, i am having a problem. when I go the smogon server, it says to type my password in. I do it correctly, but right after I am disconnected from the server... Has anyone had this problem recently?
You are typing in the wrong password. This could mean that

a) someone else has it registered
b) you are using a different input method than the one it initially was in. Passwords are caps sensitive and sometimes also sensitive to different keyboard input modes
c) The server was down
d) You were banned

My bet would be for (c).

If the Pokemon Lab export is the same as Shoddy then you can just import your team. First you need to export your team from Pokemon Lab to text format, then you select import in the Pokemon Online team builder and paste your team into the text box and voila.
PL's export text actually is different for some reason, the EVs mess up big time when importing to PO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)