What UU pokemon are least common BUT have potential?

I've seen it used as a scarf sleep lead mostly, never seen in anywhere but the lead spot. It's a pretty good option if you really really hate miss hax.

EDIT: Oh and I don't know who mentioned it earlier, but this thread inspired me to give Politoed a shot, and I gotta say I'm loving the ugly green bastard.

Nobody said Toxicroak? NP Toxicroak destroys everything once you send it in on a Milotic or any bulky water for that matter. Let it get one NP in, and its Sludge Bomb can OHKO so many pokemon including things like Mesprit. If it gets two (happens if the person makes the mistake of resting on Toxicroak as it NPs twice. Then it can OHKO Cresselia with a Sludge Bomb. When I first thought of using it I though, "It's going to be the weak link of the team." When I tried it, it ended up getting several kills per match. I fought some notable people here with it (PK Gaming and some others), and it was simply amazing. Too bad it's really underrated seeing how it can easily be overlooked with a simple look at its movepool and finding how it has to resort to Poison for an attacking type. It's not that bad.
I'd say the sheer power of Sludge Bomb is what makes NPCroak the powerful sweeper it is. Vacuum Wave is just the icing on the cake.

I've seen it used as a scarf sleep lead mostly, never seen in anywhere but the lead spot. It's a pretty good option if you really really hate miss hax.

EDIT: Oh and I don't know who mentioned it earlier, but this thread inspired me to give Politoed a shot, and I gotta say I'm loving the ugly green bastard.
What set-up? May give this creepy frog a try xD

People use NU in UU >_> so I was curious as to how it would work out.
Well Butterfree is essentially a worse Jumpluff due to worse defensive and speed stats, absence of Encore, and a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.

I'd say the sheer power of Sludge Bomb is what makes NPCroak the powerful sweeper it is. Vacuum Wave is just the icing on the cake.
I'm using Focus Blast as my last STAB attack. I believe it can OHKO Chansey at +2 if it has some hazard support (I'm using spikes and SR). I originally intended for it to be my answer to rain teams, and never thought I would find anymore use out of it except there because I'm using a very offensive team and base 86 Special attack is something anyone would scoff at.

Edit: 252 Modest Life Orb Toxicroak +2 Focus Blast
vs. 0/252 Calm Leftovers Chansey : 92% - 108.6%
252 Modest Life Orb Toxicroak +4 Sludge Bomb
vs. 252/0 Modest Leftovers Cresselia : 85.8% - 100.9%

That's without hazard support!

Toxicroak doesn't fit the "UU of UU" mold for me as he's used quite a lot. I used NP croak all the way back during the crobat era and have used croak on nearly every team since. His Sub/Punch set is also great.

I've tried using Politoed too, as a Hazer/Cleric and it did all right. I found it to be okay but not as good as Milotic. It really was nothing to right home about but I love using it, because I love the whole Poliwag evolutionary line.

Torterra

Rock Polish specifically

@life orb
Adamant
252 atk - 252 Speed
-RP
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Crunch

Wrecks house, stab EQ and Wood hammer. When overgrow activates your nearly guaranteed a kill with wood hammer

Liechi berry is optional
Seconding this. Torterra after RP usuallt takes down atleast 2 pokes.

Specs Typhlosion. Timid Typhlosions with 252 Satk 2HKO Chansey in the sun with eruption, or with Fire Blast with Blaze activated. It also has a good chance at 2HKO'ing any Milotic set in the sun. To top it all off, Typhlosion outruns most of the metagame, especially with a Timid nature.

And it's NU!

Well Butterfree is essentially a worse Jumpluff due to worse defensive and speed stats, absence of Encore, and a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.
True, but Butterfree's got Compound Eyes for extra accuracy on Sleep Powder (or Stun Spore, if you don't run Scarf, and go Double Powder for some reason...).

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nobody said Toxicroak? NP Toxicroak destroys everything once you send it in on a Milotic or any bulky water for that matter. Let it get one NP in, and its Sludge Bomb can OHKO so many pokemon including things like Mesprit. If it gets two (happens if the person makes the mistake of resting on Toxicroak as it NPs twice. Then it can OHKO Cresselia with a Sludge Bomb. When I first thought of using it I though, "It's going to be the weak link of the team." When I tried it, it ended up getting several kills per match. I fought some notable people here with it (PK Gaming and some others), and it was simply amazing. Too bad it's really underrated seeing how it can easily be overlooked with a simple look at its movepool and finding how it has to resort to Poison for an attacking type. It's not that bad.
I'm notable?

Sweet. NP Toxicroak is nasty good. Grade A threat right there.

idk. I just remembered battling you, and still have the log so I could look back at how good Toxicroak is (haven't swept a team like that in a while). XD

Anyway, RP Torterra is definitely one of the most underrated threats. It rips holes in offensive teams quite easily and doesn't have much trouble with Stall either. One thing I noticed while playing in UU after taking a break from OU is that everything hits so hard in this environment. It's really astonishing.

Oh, and haven't seen Toxicroak on any threat lists lately, so I doubt Toxicroak is really common at all. I have only seen one while playing these few weeks.

For RP torterra, has anyone tried it without life orb?

I'm tempted to try liechi but idk how much it needs the extra power

are there any other pokes similar to RP tort I could try out?

For RP torterra, has anyone tried it without life orb?

I'm tempted to try liechi but idk how much it needs the extra power

are there any other pokes similar to RP tort I could try out?
I'd go with Leftovers or Life Orb. Lefties gives more bulk which can come in handy against priority and other moves in tight situations, while Life Orb gives the extra boost needed to OHKO Milotic and Slowbro.

As for other Rock Polish pokes, there's Armaldo, Aggron, and Rhyperior who commonly use it. I'd say Rhyperior is the only one who can compete with Torterra, I never found the appeal of RP Aggron.

I just played this extremely crappy battler on Shoddy (he tried to use Poison Jab on my Registeel) and he had a Masquerain lead (another way to show he was terrible) but the Masquerain made me think of Venomoth. Venomoth is essentially a mini-Yanmega that is nowhere near broken because of its inferior stats. But it can run a decent Specs set because of Tinted Lens. It has decent base 90 speed, and a usable Sp. Atk, and with Bug Buzz and Psychic combined with Tinted Lens gives it perfect coverage. It can then run Sludge Bomb for more STAB, Energy Ball to hit the many Rocks or Waters in UU, HP Fighting or Ground to do more against Steel-types than Bug Buzz, or Sleep Powder to sleep the switch-in. It has poor defensive stats, but it's actually a decent Pokemon.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Honestly, I'd rather use Life Orb on Venomoth. It also gets Roost iirc, so you can do Roost + 3 attacks or even Roost + Sleep Powder + 2 attacks, since Tinted Lens should take care of coverage issues.

Venomoth's defenses are so crappy, Roost is unimportant. Its HP is below average, its Sp. Def is below average, and its Defense is shit. Ihave no idea why a defensive set is listed in the analysis. And because of Tinted Lens, you don't have to worry as much about a resist switching into your choiced attack.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Roost on an SR weak Pokemon is never unimportant, no matter how crappy its defenses. Just look at Honchkrow. 100/52 isn't much better than 70/75. And honestly, things that would switch into Venomoth either walls you anyway or would die just as fast to Life Orb, and this way at least you can put something like Registeel to bed without having to switch out afterwards.

Well, you can use Rapid Spin support to get rid of Stealth Rock. Swellow switches out more often with U-Turn, so they give it Rapid Spin support because it switches often and is weak to Stealth Rock. Since Venomoth will have to switch from stuff that wall or kill it, it also switches often, so you use Rapid Spin support. And most of the time whatever switches in will be able to wall, force out, or obliterate Venomoth anyway, so it doesn't really matter if you're locked in.

Sleep Powder is listed on the Specs set. And using Roost on Venomoth is somewhat like if Weavile got Recover. It's frail as hell, so why not just cause destruction before it goes down instead of waisting a moveslot? You use it to recover Stealth Rock damage on the switch, but it's frail enough that the extra health won't matter much. And Venomoth's Sp. Atk isn't bad, but it isn't the best so it appreciates the extra power that Specs provide it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)