Which pokemon are your archnemesis'?

I ahve always hated that fugly bug Yanmega and that boxing mushroom named Breloom. Yanmega always tears my team to shreads and...well I just don't like Breloom.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I remember when I first started battling on Battle Tower Wifi some that stood out were (and my grumbling predjudices haven't changed):

Weavile: Bastard outspeeds so much (and can ice shard to outspeed the rest). Its 3 attack types have ridiculous coverage, and with pursuit and ice shard for variation it's still hard to predict attacking. With Taunt, Counter-Sash, scarf and band variations also running around, it can be a major pita to take down without losing a valuable poke.

Porygon Z: When a special attacker can potentially 2 hko blissey, (or even 1hko with hyper beam) you know something is just plain wrong. Able to speed or special attack boost with download or just extra stab its tri-attack with adaptability, and also make ridiculous good use of specs, scarf or nasty plot . . . sickening, just sickening.

Togekiss: Scarf version ruins teams in the tower. Parahax is a bitch on wifi. This thing is the cheapest shit this side of wobbuffet.

edit: also 2nd the comments on breloom and Yanmega.
thought about it more and added:

Hippowdon: How do you take this thing down without it being such a PITA?? There's like NOTHING that can really stop this thing from doing its job as a lead, seeing as it laughs at pursuits and just needs to COME IN to set up sandstream, which is completely game-altering.

It's definitely Tyranitar.

You can load your team with ways to deal with it, and you can EV everything you've got with it in mind, but can you counter it? No. It not only laughs at way more than it should now with the SpDef boost, it can run so many sets that there's seriously never a 'good' switch in.

The real problem I have is that it limits a lot of the pokemon out there in that they have to carry a specific move just for ttar (a move that usually inhibits them in other situations), or risk becoming nothing but an easy switch-in. And if ttar gets too many easy switch-ins, you're probably going to lose.

Gyarados. The very sight of one makes me sick. You'd think a flying fish would have bad defenses, but no. Coupled with Intimidate, it pretty much ruins my physical attackers. I also hate Pokemon with ridiculously large movepools, like Gengar. I also dislike really, really fast Pokemon like Jolteon or Ninjask.

I despise Blissey, solemly for the fact that its EVERYWHERE.

I also have developed a hatred for Sudowoodo. In my first E4 run, my Azelf was tearing crap up. Along comes Bertha's Sudowoodo who scores a CH Sucker Punch. Asswipe does that a lot.

I carry a lot of mixed sweepers, so skarmbliss doesn't bother me so much. I can counter any breloom without leech seed, but seed versions are a huge problem.

Togekiss and Salamence. Salamence because I never know if it's DD, Mixed, or Specs. And I almost always end up losing one of my walls to it. Togekiss is just annoying, stupid paraflinch.

My TSS team has a big problem with Gyarados. I can T-bolt it with Starmie, but in many times that's too late because he'll DD on my switch and come close to OHKOing me with EQ.

I also used to have a huge problem with Heracross, but Gliscor fixed that. He still takes big damage from Gut + CB Stone Edge, though.

idk. probably garchomp.

i just plain dont like him. even though i kill him every time. he swept my whole team with EQ one time. he got lucky.

I actually like Breloom lol, unless I'm against, then it's a total bitch :P

For me, I always seem to get raped to death by Weaviles unless I can disable it before it hurts me... That's probably 'cause I normally use Gliscor as my main physical wall... :/

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I pretty much hate half of OU. They're all either too bulky or too fast. And I always get statused in the worst of situations, on top of that.

Small wonder I play BL. xD

Heracross pisses me off; no matter how hard I try to counter it, it somehow is a pain in the ass on every team I made. And when I did use the jerk, he was dead weight; Megahorn and Stone Edge missed out the ass, causing me a lot of deaths.

I don't like Togekiss as well. Flinchhax always screw me over. It's like playing Fire Emblem, seriously.

i dont think i would consider them archnemisis but i do hate fighting OU pokes like t-tar, salamance and garchomp.

Yanmega, especially with life orb. It can hax, sleep, and go through half your team in seconds if you're not careful. I haven't found anything more annoying till this day...

Blissey is another, I really don't have to explain why I hate it - but it gets annoying especially with NC ability.

Gyarados isn't that much of a pain to me, but man that DD is V_V. If you don't counter it quick it'll eat your team alive.

Oh and Walrein and Machamp always give me problems. They just do, especially Machamp.

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't like facing Machamp and Togekiss. Machamp because it's a beast imo, and Togekiss because most people I face will just try to flinch hax me to death.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)