Which pokemon are your archnemesis'?

I'm still learning the new metagame, but back in ye olde days (R/B/Y old), Starmie, Jynx and Exeggutor always screwed me over. I still have a residual hatred for Starmie, but I'm getting better with them now that I actually have one on my side.

Curselax is evil though. Ran into one of those at a con-tournament ; I am not liking it now.

Tyranitar. I'm a big fan of using "favorites" teams, and all the teams I make are usually weak to TTar in some way.

That or I never have a counter for one.

I also tried using one, and it didn't help at all. I hate the thing.

I hate all this Walls without direct attacks, like Blissey without CM, Cresselia with Thunder Wave (I HATE THIS ONE!!!), Gliscor, Skarmory... I prefer UU. There are better walls and more fun to use, like Gardevoir who gets a Speed Boost when she cames in Electivire's Thunderbolts, Intimidating Gyarados and OHKO them with Thunderbolt... also with Heatran's Flash Fire...
Other that I hate is Garchomp... it's very nasty to fight him... and when there is a SS up, and it has Bright Power...

sub and swords dancing garchomp under sandveil and brightpowder... This is just like double team in disguise except your phazer would have to take a boosted attack before it has a chance to phaze it out. Pretty cheap if you ask me. You need to change the weather AND knock off/thief/trick the brightpowder away in order to completely counter it. But users of these said moves are all slower than garchomp (did I miss someone?).

Gliscor cos it counters my signiture pokemon, Heracross and because i have no Ice moves on my team apart from on regice - so i can't blow up in it's face with forretress like i do to annoying dragons.

hippowdon and TTar, because I have a sash lead with D-Bond, and I hate having to predict on the first turn, knowing they may set up stealth rocks, or use earthquake.

and if T-Tar DDances, he ruins my fun completely.

I don't like the evasion hax of brightpowder + sandveil/frost veil in their respective weathers. The RNG doesn't like me. :(

I hate Speed Boost Yanmega, Substitute Magnezone and to some extent Mixape. Somehow, they always succeed to rape half of my team even if I don't have a large weakness to them.

Blissey. The game of ring around the rosie in order to get a physical attacker in there to damage her is really annoying and time consuming

Gengar and Yanmega are two pokemon that annoy me when I face them. Unless my sleep absorber is also my counter to those two, I have to predict and get lucky. It annoys me when I send in a restalker like Cresselia when they use Hypnosis only for it to miss. Then next turn they might predict a switch and use Hypnosis or might use their stabbed sfe move. 50% chance of a good outcome for me and 50% chance of a bad outcome.

SDWeavile is annoying when making a team since Ice/Dark/Fight takes out so many common types. Dugtrio is especially evil when your opponent uses it right. Barely anyone uses Dugtrio anymore which made me almost forget it existed until it picked off half my team. MixedTar and ChainChomp are really annoying when you don't have Swampert and Cresselia for them respectively. Switching in Gliscor only to get Ice Beamed by TTar or switching in Hippo into a Draco Meteor from Chomp is not fun.

Blissey. Whenever I think my Gengar can do a lot to their team, they always bring it out and it takes so long for them to swicth out or me killing it.

I love to use Heatran, so Blissey, Gyarados, and other assorted bulky waters that can wall me.

Thunder-Wave Cresselia is a pain since my team can generally handle anything else that can wall Heatran. If it doesn't pack T-Wave though, I can generally kill it with Heatran.

On my main team, I have real problems with Weavile. My Bronzong can wall it, but once thats down, I have to pray that I kill it. I may also have problems with Electivire since it greedily switches into my Thunderbolts and hits everything with SE attacks. Another reason I use Bronzong.

blissey, i wonder why?

gengar- has no definite counter. sets up status and is one of the most unpredictable opponents in this metagame.

yanmega- speed boost+hypnosis is broken, even thoguh sleep clause is always in play.

breloom- Once he finds a slow opponent, spore, sub up, and then FP is incredibly annoying and i take it into account when making all of my teams. thats why i run jolly on CB gross >_<

garchomp- although i use him on a few of my teams, when im not scarfchomp can do insane damage to me once by bronzong is knocked out. the sand veil BP garchomp is also a total bitch.

cmbliss cuts through my team like butter, its really sad.

also, heracross owns me whichever version it is cos i basically just use what ever pokes i feel like at the time and i always forget to counter him.

I really hate anything with a trapping ability or pursuit. At the point that they get on something they counter, you're completely fucked and you can't do anything about it at all. Shed Shell, Baton Pass and U-Turn are the only exceptions, but they aren't too common as of yet. Even then, you're still viable to be killed by a pursuit attack. That's where the mindgames come in. "Is he going to use pursuit which will kill me if I switch, or x which will kill me if I stay in?". It's that kind of stuff that often ruins me. Especially TTar, which has a monstrously powerful pursuit; the strongest in the game in fact.

Breloom when everyone found out that it was pretty good, but I can handle it now

Freakin Heatran, especially scarf'd and switched on a flamethrower

Any kind of Napes'!!!!!!! They KILL me!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)