Which pokemon are your archnemesis'?

Garchomp. Being faster than every OU dragon effectively gives it one weakness, can't be TWed, has overpowered defenses in exchange for a useless sp atk. Has STAB on two of the best attacking types in the game, which even have synergy with eachother (only steel resists dragon, but is weak to ground). It's speed, defenses and attack create a situation where it cannot OHKO'd by any non-ice attack, so anything with the defenses to not die from an Outrage or Earthquake will only dent it before being 2HKOd, and anything faster than Garchomp will only dent it before being OHKO'd. It's obvious by looking at Garchomp's speed, typing, and lowered sp atk compared to the other 600 dragon's that Nintendo's motivation for creating this thing was to break the metagame and make Garchomp the *premiere* 600 pokemon, a final F*** you, with both fingers up, to the competitive scene.

But I deal.

Skilled players rarely seem to use him. He's usually just a crutch.

BTW, good thread. Vent threads always rock.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Skilled players rarely seem to use him. He's usually just a crutch.
Because he's getting to be way too predictable, overhyped, and he's just thrown into teams that otherwise have little other power or speed with walls cowering in the corner, waiting to be taken out when he dies. And he's quite suspectible to revenge kill. *pokes Weavile*

Because he's getting to be way too predictable, overhyped, and he's just thrown into teams that otherwise have little other power or speed with walls cowering in the corner, waiting to be taken out when he dies. And he's quite suspectible to revenge kill. *pokes Weavile*
Yeah, I never seem to have problems when facing it, cuz even though it always manages to take out one of my pokemon, once I kill their Garchomp the rest of their team goes down without much problem.
I just hate the concept of the thing, how it was obviously designed to without balance in mind. Whenever I use it it sweeps teams without any effort, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
My Garchomp actually fits the theme of my team, so don't overgeneralize- Gravity and Sandstorm work well together, because they both work to the advantage of ground types. :D

I really hate Gengar. My only counter to Gengar is my Natural Cure Blissey, who doesn't so much counter him as wall him and get a free CM (if not sleeping) as he switches to something that'll make me switch anyway.

I also loathe Gengar with a passion. Only my Drapion has a chance of beating it, and if I get the Special Defense penalty from Shadow Ball on the switch-in (which happens to me a lot more than one would presume), I'm completely screwed.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My Garchomp actually fits the theme of my team, so don't overgeneralize- Gravity and Sandstorm work well together, because they both work to the advantage of ground types. :D
I'm just putting it in the perspective of a BL user. xD I'm sure there's some creative sets out there, but 99.9% of them fit my 'tasteful' description. Why? Most Chomp players kill and run to something that can kill its counters, then resumes killing everything else in an unending cycle. Coming back to my definition, it fits perfectly well. I could go on for pages on this.

Alakazam, with a burning passion of hatred.
Even though moves like Sucker Punch and Ice Shard can take it out in a hit, the ones I've faced is usually backed up by a Sash.
If I recall, out of the seven encounters against Alakazam over Wifi (I don't battle much, only against friends a few times a week/month, just recently got back into the game.) I only won twice, thanks to Sucker Punch Dugtrio.

The one that really kicks my ass is my friend's HP Ice Choice Scarf Maxed Speed Timid Alakazam, Overkill on speed but it ensures things like Ninjask dead.

Garchomp used to give me problems, till I made a Avalanche Bulky Swampert.

And finally Blissey, which I absolutely hate because of the Counter Move Tutor from the Advance games.

Yanmega gets on my nerves alot. Gyarados and Garchomp do too. I usually have to pack Mesprit or Porygon2 (he's suprisingly good at taking hits) to fend those fiends off...

volbeat.
yes in OU.
it creamed my entire team with confuse ray-doubleteam-tail glow-signal beam
or something like that.
which is why i make the argument about volbeat's tier listing.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
SePh/Kou are my archnemeses, but in terms of pokemon, Subchomp with Brightpowder in SS is really a pain to take down, making all your 100% accurate moves become 73% accurate...

Infernape is a retarded excuse for a pokemon. The fact that its good and does its job so damn well just makes it worse. If I see another person with an Infernape called Goku I swear shit will hit the fan.

oh yea, and...

LUVDISK SHOULD BE UBER IT HAZ TEH FASTEST AQUA RING ITS TOO GOODS FOUR STANDARD!!!11!

Grumpig. they always have teeter dance or hypnosis. and my team never handles confusion well. so annoying, i freakin' can't stand those things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)