Worlds Last Chance Qualifier - Kona, HI - August 13, 2010 - OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rofl, considering how I don't like tea I don't know. :P

But hey maybe. I will be wearing a yugioh Frog the Jam card on a lanyard by the way, and will be doing my best to get a Venomoth card that I can wear also. Just funky stuff like that- I should be easy to find.
Zog - this must be your first year ;-P

August 12th - Open play room
People turn that room into the sellers room. You can buy ANYTHING you can think of pokemon from around the world. Even the 1st Place trophy cards from previous world championships. I am sure you can get a Venomoth card.

If you want a good deal - look for either Gill Catapang or Drew Gurtski - they will get you a fair price on stuff.

It is a running tradition from 2006 to have the open play room the night before the LCQ turn into the sellers room.

From what I looked at, the King Kamehameha hotel looked good and cheap but I think it's a fair distance away. I managed to get booked into the Hilton itself but it was expensive.
Thanks, it's perfect. If I can't find anything better soon I'll probably try to snap up a room there.

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
Alex Ogloza (w/e his username is) said he is going to lcq. Along with someone I saw on PO named Researcher, not sure if that is his smogon name though.

O_O I want to go so bad.
Does anyone know since they are in the hotel, you get free rooms, or is that out of your own pocket as well?
*New to this type of thing, pardon the nabness*

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
unless you won a paid invite at the National Championship it's all out of your pocket.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well it has been confirmed that I AM going to the LCQ! :D
awsome hey greysong so we ARE going to have that battle in real life after all haha. o and dude we should have more 4-way battles this time too, like actually prepare for them with synergy pokemon and own people unlike at nats. also lets make sure to make them free merchandise battles so when we do destroy people we get first pick at the free stuff

till worlds my friend :)

awsome hey greysong so we ARE going to have that battle in real life after all haha. o and dude we should have more 4-way battles this time too, like actually prepare for them with synergy pokemon and own people unlike at nats. also lets make sure to make them free merchandise battles so when we do destroy people we get first pick at the free stuff

till worlds my friend :)

lol Till Worlds bro! :)

Where did you find a flight for THAT price?
I am on Oahu, so I'm just jumping from one island to the other. I am going to be flying Hawaiin Air for about an hour to get to Kona.
Since I don't have a whole lot of ocean to go through it's pretty simple for a little jump. But that's also one way. It's about $120 for a round trip, but still.
It has been confirmed that I will be going. Everything is booked and now just to start testing teams, practicing, and waiting.

Those who are attending may CMT for free in my thread.
Eppie has the greatest collection of FRLG and Emerald pokemon. If you need a pokemon to have a 3rd Gen Move Tutor move Eppie can both RNG it for you and get the move.

Personally I am doing something similar but if you need any help getting your team I can RNG something for you. If you want a shiny CP I would personally ask 7014gree seeing he has a lot of shiny spreads for DPPtHGSS.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've been offering VGC Pokémon for free to competitors as well (see sig), although since I'm also competing you might not want to ask me directly. You can ask my trade partner RockinX anonymously, though - he has all my Pokémon.

Hawaii - you need to hurry up and get here!
When are all of you flying into KOA Airport?
I will be flying in on the 11th - making a stop @ Costco, and then checking into the hotel.

BTW - the food there is so damn expensive - unless you plan on spending $10 for a hamburger, you had better make a stop to costco if you are going to eat.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hawaii - you need to hurry up and get here!
When are all of you flying into KOA Airport?
I will be flying in on the 11th - making a stop @ Costco, and then checking into the hotel.

BTW - the food there is so damn expensive - unless you plan on spending $10 for a hamburger, you had better make a stop to costco if you are going to eat.

well at nationals i flew in very late on thursday so when i was invited to TGI fridays were everyone was having a blast i declined it for sleep. because of that i will now forever fly in early to everything. so ultimatedra i will be touching down in Kona between 11am and noon on thursday :),
as for costco and food i really havent planed ahead that much e_e

also would like to thank those giving away pokemon to worlds/lcq participants because as of now i have nothing but 2 of the planed 6 pokemon. expect a request from me soon unless i decide to make it personal and do everything myself haha,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)