WSC Megathread ~ Week 14 - Dark of the Moon: It All Ends

I remember there being something said about smaller frames for older sprites? If so, I shall submit...

~ToastTyrant13
Final Submission

:toast:

If these are also supposed 96 x 96, please let me know in case I misinterpreted.

AS FOR Review Week, as Dogfish said, please be as clear / open as you feel fit. We would all like to know how we could improve the WSC, answer your questions about judging, etc.

I remember there being something said about smaller frames for older sprites? If so, I shall submit...

~ToastTyrant13
Final Submission

:toast:

If these are also supposed 96 x 96, please let me know in case I misinterpreted.

AS FOR Review Week, as Dogfish said, please be as clear / open as you feel fit. We would all like to know how we could improve the WSC, answer your questions about judging, etc.
lol... I did one of those, but much worse. It's now gone (somehow)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
This Week is over, votes will be collected momentarily.

Objectives set for the last month were:

To set up the WSC Hall of Fame - This is slowly being worked on in the 2nd post of the Thread.

To gain the comments of judges - I hate to say it, but this is currently impractical, due to the fact that judges all have many things to do. I'll try to do this whenever possible though.

To make themes more complex - Sucessful as far as I know. I think general ones cater to more people, but some people evidently prefer a bit more of a theme. Seen some outstanding pieces with the themes.

So then, what do you want us to be sorting out now? Feel free to insult me, mock me (If it will help), and tell everyone at the WSC how we can help you!

So... I have something to say.
I find the "Week extensions" really irritating. I don't think that, because some people didn't made a sprite in time, all the spriters that've already posted one have to wait. I also have a simple solution for this. I know, that this is very hated in Smeargle Studio, But reserves are the best option. I mean something like this: Let's say I'm going on a vacation, and won't have internet until 3 days after the deadline. I'm reserving a place, and then I have time until on week after the deadline. I know that this is most likely irritating, but the point is to make another week possiblle.

Okay, that's it for know. Bye.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To put it bluntly, no.

In fact, you consistently spam up the thread with complaints about these extensions, instead of waiting until this given time to voice your concerns.

I'm sorry. I pretty much knew this won't be accepted, but I had to post it, for the possibility it will. Sorry about spamming, and being rude.

Well, I haven't been around for long so I don't really have many real complaints, as such. I guess things seemed a bit disorganised this month but that's obviously being addressed with Toast helping out, etc.

I do have a recommendation though, sorta related to what Dogfish was saying. It seems like there's been a lot less submissions lately, especially compared to the first few weeks. Granted, there's not much any of us can do about that directly... but I was thinking that maybe we should use at least one of the four weeks dedicated to the actual competition for simpler fusions/sprites in general, instead of every week being increasingly complex. I think that might encourage people who are just starting out to submit something instead of being scared away by harder themes.

Edit: Come to think of it, the submission thing is probably just related to school finishing up for some people and all that jazz. Still, I think it would be a good idea to encourage new spriters, even though I kind of prefer the more complex themes myself (devamps make me cry, though).

Well, I haven't been around for long so I don't really have many real complaints, as such. I guess things seemed a bit disorganised this month but that's obviously being addressed with Toast helping out, etc.

I do have a recommendation though, sorta related to what Dogfish was saying. It seems like there's been a lot less submissions lately, especially compared to the first few weeks. Granted, there's not much any of us can do about that directly... but I was thinking that maybe we should use at least one of the four weeks dedicated to the actual competition for simpler fusions/sprites in general, instead of every week being increasingly complex. I think that might encourage people who are just starting out to submit something instead of being scared away by harder themes.

Edit: Come to think of it, the submission thing is probably just related to school finishing up for some people and all that jazz. Still, I think it would be a good idea to encourage new spriters, even though I kind of prefer the more complex themes myself (devamps make me cry, though).
It may not have come to my attetnion until now, but I do believe you're right. Throwing a simple Week here and there would often be a bit too random or disapointing to other competitors. Perhaps since we do Review week ever 4 weeks, we can start the first week with a smiple / fun challenge, then increase the difficulty until the final week in the cycle. Thoughts?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I have had an idea in regards to this:

Themed Fusion ~ More Open Week ~ Themed Week (Something other than a fusion) ~ Review Week

Would seem suitable.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
dogfish's idea sounds cool

also why do i never see the new stuff in this thread as new

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I think there's been a posting error. Gonna get this week up, then going to have to sort something out, since my reliability is falling distinctly.

Week 10 - Contrast

Create a sprite by fusion or scratch which shows contrast - whether it be in nature or in opinions.

Good Luck!

Week Closing Saturday 11th ; 2000 GMT​

First entry mine! Mwhahahaha!
Ok, now seriosly.
Todris052
FINAL SUBMISSION Miltank, Houndoom, Magmortar, Metagross, Some minor scratch. This is real Miltank for comparison :

This is how Whitny's Miltank should look like :/ (Inspired by my brother's first HG run)

I'll enter too!

Cigarch-
I used Vanilluxe's cone, Flareon's tail for the heads, Charizard's fire's color and houndoom's colors for the body. Scratched the fuse.

Well, the story of this little bugger is that I scratched it yesterday, completely unaware of the WSC, but when I took a look at it, it resembled Magnemite in body shape, and in the number of characteristics. However, the menacing face of the scratch contrasts with Magnemite's completely neutral face and posture. Also, the coloring,the stake impaling it from the side, and the firey satelites propose a more undead and animalistic concept rather than the iron body of Magnemite. Although it doesn't show irony like the others, this shows contrast.

And that's why I entered it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)