XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

I want to reserve Tornadus-T, I believe I have used it enough to make a good analysis.
No. To quote user: TRC.: "While this may seem confusing, try to remember that if a Pokemon is in the "Completed" section, it is completed. Now I know that this is a difficult concept to grasp, so maybe take some time to reserve other completed Pokemon to help you understand this further."

Reactions: trc
There really doesnt semm to be any viable pokemon left write an analasis about.

On Cobalion however i Actually had permission by a Guy dont remember his name to make a Cobalion analasys before i just Wanted to confirm it here so idk.

Also i would really like to do a Weezing analasys even tough i know that he has been rejected as i have played him a LOT in OU and think that he definetly deserves an analasys, if i have to write exactly why i will do so.

Edit:Sorry for my English its not my mother language and google translate hasent been Working for me lol.

Double Edit: his name was radiosurfer

Weezing was rejected.

Cobalion was rejected.

They've already been proven to be unviable, you're going to need to provide replays to convince anyone otherwise.

Also, if you have to use Google Translate to speak English then you probably shouldn't be trying to write an analysis =/

Weezing was rejected.

Cobalion was rejected.

They've already been proven to be unviable, you're going to need to provide replays to convince anyone otherwise.

Also, if you have to use Google Translate to speak English then you probably shouldn't be trying to write an analysis =/
I dont really use google translate that much i Actually ask one of my English Friends but lets not get to personal.

Weezing is still extremly viable IMO and definetly deserves an analasys but i cannot post replays as i dont have acess to a computer Atm and i more or less is more of a PO Guy. So i can really only write why he is viable in OU and possibly get some replays up but i am not to sure tough. Smogon has betrayed the MIGHTY koffing and SHALL perish in his dazzling Toxic smug,fume thing
Anyways Thanks for the help.

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There really doesnt semm to be any viable pokemon left write an analasis about.

On Cobalion however i Actually had permission by a Guy dont remember his name to make a Cobalion analasys before i just Wanted to confirm it here so idk.

Also i would really like to do a Weezing analasys even tough i know that he has been rejected as i have played him a LOT in OU and think that he definetly deserves an analasys, if i have to write exactly why i will do so.

Edit:Sorry for my English its not my mother language and google translate hasent been Working for me lol.

Double Edit: his name was radiosurfer
There's a list of rejected Pokemon in the OP, please read it before you attempt to request something.
Also, if you're making a case for something that has been rejected/not discussed, refer to this.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...x-read-carefully.3495075/page-30#post-5356059

I strongly believe that Weezing deserves an OU analasys. It has a massive movepool, a single weaknesses( which is really not prevelant in OU atm) and 1 immunity aswell as 5 resistances , it has good offensive stats for a wall and it just so happens to be the greatest fighting type counter in the game(not counting uber mons) due to levitate and a poison typing. While many fighting types has gotten a new toy in knock off Weezing still takes a miniscale damage from it. To showcase here is the strongest knock off in OU

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

As u can see Weezing takes a pittance from it and can scorch Bisharp with fire blast or burn it with willo-wisp.

Weezing also has excellent coverage options such as Fire blast, flamethrowher, thunderbolt, dark pulse and his buffed sludge bomb. This coupled with a broad array of supporting moves such as Haze, memento,destiny Bond and
willo-wisp allows Weezing to do it specific excellent and that is being the best fighting wall Counter as well as a counter to many other mons aswell.

Due to what i have Said above i think that Weezing would do perfectly good in OU and has a great niche that no other pokemon can fill.

horyzhnz

I strongly believe that Weezing deserves an OU analasys. It has a massive movepool, a single weaknesses( which is really not prevelant in OU atm) and 1 immunity aswell as 5 resistances , it has good offensive stats for a wall and it just so happens to be the greatest fighting type counter in the game(not counting uber mons) due to levitate and a poison typing. While many fighting types has gotten a new toy in knock off Weezing still takes a miniscale damage from it. To showcase here is the strongest knock off in OU

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

As u can see Weezing takes a pittance from it and can scorch Bisharp with fire blast or burn it with willo-wisp.

Weezing also has excellent coverage options such as Fire blast, flamethrowher, thunderbolt, dark pulse and his buffed sludge bomb. This coupled with a broad array of supporting moves such as Haze, memento,destiny Bond and
willo-wisp allows Weezing to do it specific excellent and that is being the best fighting wall Counter as well as a counter to many other mons aswell.

Due to what i have Said above i think that Weezing would do perfectly good in OU and has a great niche that no other pokemon can fill.
that's really not enough examples to warrant anything I reckon...

horyzhnz

Well then

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 140-165 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
1. That's literally the same thing, I mean what else can Weezing do to other Pokemon; OU isn't just Bisharp.
2. http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...x-read-carefully.3495075/page-14#post-5110735
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...x-read-carefully.3495075/page-18#post-5156988
A QC member tried to have Weezing put up for reservation but to no avail, and his arguments were literally a million times more solid than what you've written up.

Gue
1. That's literally the same thing, I mean what else can Weezing do to other Pokemon; OU isn't just Bisharp.
2. http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...x-read-carefully.3495075/page-14#post-5110735
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...x-read-carefully.3495075/page-18#post-5156988
A QC member tried to have Weezing put up for reservation but to no avail, and his arguments were literally a million times more solid than what you've written up.
U have YET to come with any counter argument for a Weezing OU analasys and is simply saying that Weezing sucks and shouldnt be OU. Also if the calcs didnt matter why did u have to ask as i was simply trying to clarify that Weezing beats Bisharp in a 1vs1 situation.

Last edited:

horyzhnz

Gue

U have YET to come with any counter argument for a Weezing OU analasys and is simply saying that Weezing sucks and shouldnt be OU. Also if the calcs didnt matter why did u have to ask as i was simply trying to clarify that Weezing beats Bisharp in a 1vs1 situation.
I'm not saying that Weezing sucks, I'm just saying provide more examples of what else it can do to other Pokemon; as I have said, OU does not consist of just Bisharp. I linked Jukain's arguments as an example of what arguments for Pokemon should look like.

Gue

Weezing has no place in OU without Toxic Spikes. That is literally the only reason it gets used. Then you have Pain Split, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, and Will-O-Wisp. That's 5 moves which Weezing needs to be borderline usable which it obviously can not run all at once. Besides the 4MSS, Toxic Spikes are just not that good. Defog is everywhere, Mega Venusaur is everywhere. Weezing is also really weak, it can't even OHKO Bisharp with Fire Blast. If you can counter all of these points somehow then I might believe this thing is usable.

I'm not saying that Weezing sucks, I'm just saying provide more examples of what else it can do to other Pokemon; as I have said, OU does not consist of just Bisharp. I linked Jukain's arguments as an example of what arguments for Pokemon should look like.
Im sorry for lashing out to you it was unneccerary and i apologise.

On your post dbzmariogeno Weezing does not need Toxic Spikes to be viable, as u Said it has 5 more usable moves and while it is true that it cant run all at once it doesnt really need Toxic Spikes o function and dont think that it is a good idea either with the prevelance if defog as u have pointed out. A moveset of Willo-wisp,pain split, sludge bomb and fire blast does just fine. And while its true that Weezing cant OHKO Bisharp, Bisharp can only 3HKO and it will ultimatly ens with Weezing Comming out victorious if They were to face eachother and with good amount of health left.

Last edited:
When you want to demonstrate how well a Pokemon takes on another, you need to take into account its ability to switch in first and then win the matchup. 1-on-1 matchups are very rare, but you are often going to need to switch in your counter in order to beat the opponent before they can knock out any of your Pokemon. That said, Weezing outright loses if it switches into Bisharp. Knock Off + 2 Iron Heads KOs while Fire Blast fails to OHKO (and there's always that 30% chance that Bisharp will get a flinch and get out scot-free). If it switches in on Swords Dance, there's actually a pretty solid chance that Bisharp will OHKO if Weezing switched into Stealth Rock.

Are there any really significant threats that Weezing can shut down? You mentioned Fighting-types, but that's not entirely accurate. You might be able to beat Assault Vest Conkeldurr depending on whether you run Sludge Bomb or not. However, Knock Off followed by a bunch of Drain Punches will keep Conkeldurr alive for a pretty long time and ensure that your Weezing will be crippled beyond repair once Conkeldurr goes down. Not to mention that a Will-O-Wisp burn or unintentional Sludge Bomb poison will just give it a free Guts boost. Infernape 2HKOs with Flare Blitz after Stealth Rock or Fire Blast without. Even if you get a chance to use Sludge Bomb, it makes out at only about 50% against a -SpD Infernape (that's really weak). You take on Terrakion well enough, but Choice Band Stone Edge is still a guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, so it's still kinda risky. Meanwhile, Keldeo just obliterates you with Hydro Pump. There's also the fact that Weezing's lack of reliable recovery makes it a lot easier to wear down, and it often means that Weezing will only be able to switch in and counter something only once. For example, with Stealth Rock down, LO Terrakion need only hit Weezing with Close Combat the first time and then switch out. The next time it comes in, if Weezing switches into Close Combat, Terrakion can just follow up with Stone Edge and have a solid chance to KO. Pain Split can somewhat alleviate this problem, but it's generally going to be pretty unreliable since it's heavily dependent on the status of both Weezing and the opponent.

To be honest, though, the burden should not be on us to prove why Weezing is not deserving of an analysis. If you want to make a case for it, you have to prove that it is. If you can provide ample examples of top metagame threats that Weezing is able to counter like nothing else can, then it'd definitely be worth consideration, but I'm just not seeing it right now.

When you want to demonstrate how well a Pokemon takes on another, you need to take into account its ability to switch in first and then win the matchup. 1-on-1 matchups are very rare, but you are often going to need to switch in your counter in order to beat the opponent before they can knock out any of your Pokemon. That said, Weezing outright loses if it switches into Bisharp. Knock Off + 2 Iron Heads KOs while Fire Blast fails to OHKO (and there's always that 30% chance that Bisharp will get a flinch and get out scot-free). If it switches in on Swords Dance, there's actually a pretty solid chance that Bisharp will OHKO if Weezing switched into Stealth Rock.

Are there any really significant threats that Weezing can shut down? You mentioned Fighting-types, but that's not entirely accurate. You might be able to beat Assault Vest Conkeldurr depending on whether you run Sludge Bomb or not. However, Knock Off followed by a bunch of Drain Punches will keep Conkeldurr alive for a pretty long time and ensure that your Weezing will be crippled beyond repair once Conkeldurr goes down. Not to mention that a Will-O-Wisp burn or unintentional Sludge Bomb poison will just give it a free Guts boost. Infernape 2HKOs with Flare Blitz after Stealth Rock or Fire Blast without. Even if you get a chance to use Sludge Bomb, it makes out at only about 50% against a -SpD Infernape (that's really weak). You take on Terrakion well enough, but Choice Band Stone Edge is still a guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, so it's still kinda risky. Meanwhile, Keldeo just obliterates you with Hydro Pump. There's also the fact that Weezing's lack of reliable recovery makes it a lot easier to wear down, and it osten means that Weezing will only be able to switch in and counter something only once. For example, with Stealth Rock down, LO Terrakion need only hit Weezing with Close Combat the first time and then switch out. The next time it comes in, if Weezing switches into Close Combat, Terrakion can just follow up with Stone Edge and have a solid chance to KO. Pain Split can somewhat alleviate this problem, but it's generally going to be pretty unreliable since it's heavily dependent on the status of both Weezing and the opponent.

To be honest, though, the burden should not be on us to prove why
This are all far points so i would answer them. First off if u switch in ok Bisharp on knock off u will Lose half Right? U will obviously pain split on him unless ure opponent has a low health pokemon on their team and if that is the case then u should just use willo-wisp, under those 3 turns where ure opponent Bisharp used knock off followed by 2 iron head the Weezing player is obviously not gonna use sludge bomb and let him kill u. Under those turn u should use pain split then willo-wisp and then fire blast or pain split if u still are in death range. So really Weezing would still win unless he gets a crit or flinch.

Infernape is a mixed attacker so u should always scout it first to be completly safe and if it turns out to be a psychical attacker then is obviously going to switch out oure use flate blitz as it is it most powerful option which coupled with a life orb Will result in massive recoil damage so Weezing will problably be the winner even tough he only be used as a death fodder after that so its a more of a tie i guess.

Lastly Conkeldurr all i wanna say is.........................................

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 45-54 (13.4 - 16.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever.GIGGITT

I agree with most other things u Said though but i dont have enough time to respond to evrything.

Overall Weezing is a pokemon that walls a good amount of pokemon given the Right support and proper prediction.
SCREW THIS WEEZING KILLS EVRYTHING AND WALLS EVRYTHIG SCREW FUCKIGN ARCEUS PRAY TO WEEZING U FOOLS!!!'

You still lose to Bisharp. Knock Off + Iron Head + burned Iron Head is a guaranteed KO after Stealth Rock, and it even has a solid chance to KO without. Pain Split doesn't help much since Bisharp's HP is so low and it'll be taking Life Orb recoil, so that's actually a waste of time. You might manage to cripple Bisharp, but you still lose your Weezing. As for Conkeldurr:

4 SpA Weezing Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 48-57 (13.6 - 16.1%) -- possible 7HKO
4 SpA Weezing Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 58-70 (16.4 - 19.8%) -- possible 6HKO

If you're not running Sludge Bomb, Conkeldurr easily wins since Drain Punch recovers a little less than half the damage Weezing can do with Fire Blast (not to mention possible misses). Even if you run Sludge Bomb, Conkeldurr still does a lot more damage than you might be comfortable with; Knock Off followed by just 3 Drain Punches is enough to remove up to 3/4 of Weezing's health, and Knock Off followed by 3 Ice Punches has a shot at KOing if you switched in on Stealth Rock. That's also not taking into account a possible Guts boost if Sludge Bomb poisons Conkeldurr.

Are there any abandoned analyses that need revamping or finishing? Cause I'll offer to help get some out.
Yeah, I want to write some too.

EDIT: Is regular Tornadus viable enough to get a analysis? It's a reliable Rain Dancer who then uses the rain to make Hurricane accurate or U Turn into a sweeper.EDIT: Taken sorry.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)