So... it's in D/P's coding that Electivire can learn Volt Tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason this would be in the d/p programming is because platinum is going to be the third game just as emerald was to ruby/sapphire. So, to trade your new volt tackle electivire or other poke to d/p it would have to have it in it's codeing least we run into the GSC trading to RBY dilema. *shudders*

Exactly my point restated Tytus heh.

Also remember if it were an egg move all the ground breeding group pokemon would have access to it from chimchar, so it'd be coincidental if volt tackle was an egg move or a tutor that only humanshape pokemon can learn it

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Female Machamp @ Light Ball
~Close Combat, Thunderpunch, Counter, Volt Tackle.

Male Machamp @ Everstone

Offspring Machop
~Leer, Close Combat, Thunderpunch, Counter.

Shit.
Maybe both parents need Light Ball. Or maybe no Light Ball is needed. Or maybe you can only use a Ditto. Or have Volt Tackle as the only move on both

Hmmm. I dunno...ask the OP.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Now I'm trying male Machamp with Light Ball and Ditto with Everstone.

The reason this would be in the d/p programming is because platinum is going to be the third game just as emerald was to ruby/sapphire. So, to trade your new volt tackle electivire or other poke to d/p it would have to have it in it's codeing least we run into the GSC trading to RBY dilema. *shudders*
I've received a Swablu with Earthquake once.

The electivire breeding was a lie.

I bred a male electivire wih Volt tackle and Ditto - elekid had no volt tackle.

CASE CLOSED

Mario With Lasers

Female Ditto @ Everstone
~lol Transform.

Male Machamp @ Light Ball

Offspring Machop
~Leer, Close Combat, Thunderpunch, Counter.

Now I'm gonna try with both holding Light Balls. If it doesn't work, I'll want my money back >:|

The electivire breeding was a lie.

I bred a male electivire wih Volt tackle and Ditto - elekid had no volt tackle.

CASE CLOSED
That doesn't mean he's lieing. He went through Pal Park, plus he did it from ruby. There could of been something wrong with his game. Either way I'm going to experiment.

Nintendo isn't as dumb as alot of people make them out to be. I'm sure they have a general idea of things that have emerged as overpowered with the changes that occurred during the transition to D/P.

I bet that they've coded these moves into the game and then choose which extra moves that a Pokemon has the hidden ability to learn will make in appearance in a later game, thus bringing some balance to things that were overpowered.

Mario With Lasers

Didn't work with both Ditto and male Machamp holding Light Balls. Now let's see male + female Machamp.

After that, I'll have to check Everstone Ditto + LB female, LB Ditto + Everstone female, LB Ditto + LB female, Everstone Ditto + Everstone female.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Why don't you guys just test the exact process he described in his OP?

Using all these auxilary methods isn't going to prove anything if they fail =/

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Seconded. Arael, you can extract Pokemon from VBA can you not? Just send over a Volt Tackle Electabuzz from Emerald and use that as your guinea pig.

Then then maybe someone could see if it works with Emerald Volt Tackle Pika?

Mario With Lasers

No I can't (yet), negator is the only one I know who does.

Now I have this:

Female Ruby Electabuzz;
Male Ruby Electabuzz;
Ruby Ditto;
Pearl Ditto.

All of them know Volt Tackle, Close Combat, Counter and Thunderpunch (yeah, even the Dittos), have my OT (even the ones from Ruby), have arrived at lv.0, are Jolly with Guts and their IVs are 31/31/31/31/31/31. I'll try at first breeding male Electabuzz with Pearl Ditto, both holding Light Ball.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh well. I can't test anything cause I don't even have a VT Pika right now. You might want to try hacking the move on it in Ruby. Maybe that might have some effect.

Mario With Lasers

Male Ruby Electa + Pearl Ditto, both hacked holding LB, didn't work. Now, I'm swapping LB for Everstone on Ditto.

This is really boring.

Mario With Lasers

Male Ruby Electa with LB + Pearl Ditto with Everstone, both hacked in Diamond, didn't work. I can't see how any other change would do anything, so I'll wait for the OP's word.

If he lied at least he made us all aware (or maybe it was more cardofthehearts...) that volt tackle is in the movesets of various d/p pokemon, which is um, interesting

If he lied at least he made us all aware (or maybe it was more cardofthehearts...) that volt tackle is in the movesets of various d/p pokemon, which is um, interesting
Yeah either way hopefully those Pokes will get Volt Tackle in Platinum.

I think it's pretty obvious that you guys have jumped the gun, here. While it's true that the code allows for these Pokemon to learn Volt Tackle, that doesn't mean it's an egg move at all.

Chances are good that it's just a tutor move to be introduced in Platinum, which will not be possible to pass on via breeding at all, as it wouldn't be a level-up move OR an egg move.

Like Softboiled Clefable.

EDIT: What would be a good idea, though, would be for someone to see if Gunk Shot Crogunk or Seed Bomb Pachirisu are in the code somehow. However, if they aren't, then chances are good that Game Freak is adding a lot of new code to Platinum. This theory would be backed up by the fact that Nintendo is only allowing Platinum in all future events... and excluding Diamond & Pearl.

Unfortunately, there is always the chance that nothing will ever come of Volt Tackle at all... left as unused data.

If anyone here could verify the claim in the Bulbapedia article, maybe the moves should at the very least be included in Shoddy's Extended Game? (Well, not like anyone will--or should--throw a fit if they don't get included, right?)

Wow that wow be great lol
Vaporeon used Volt Tackle!
Rival: O.o

I think it may be a move tutor move too after considering everything.
Probably.

I'm surprised no one has bothered cracking open the game's code directly.

Wait - Diamond/Pearl is being excluded from future events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)