So... it's in D/P's coding that Electivire can learn Volt Tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this might be a platinum move tutor move. i mean maybe this time it will teach the recoil moves instead of the punches.

While he was not alone, here's a copy of the pm, and its important to note everything...

Step 1: What you will need- an Action Replay (v3.3) for Game Boy Advance, Pokemon Ruby (or Pokemon Sapphire), and obviously a Game Boy Advance.

Step 2: Go to "Management," then "Add/Edit Code". Input these codes in your respective game:

For the Move Modifier code for Volt Tackle:
F4A53CEC
926743F2

*This code allows you to go to the move tutor and teach Volt Tackle to any Pokemon (make sure you have a heart scale handy). However, only the very first move on the list of forgotten moves will become Volt Tackle. You may think it's not Volt Tackle (it could be like Quick Attack or something), but if you look at the type and description, it definitely is Volt Tackle. And once you finalize it, its name changes correctly to Volt Tackle.

And if needed, the code to catch Electabuzz in Ruby/Sapphire (if you don't have FR/LG):

E9494F7C
C1F354D2
3ADB4BE3
6AD70461

Step 3: Turn on the codes and teach a MALE Electabuzz Volt Tackle. Make sure to make it level 100 (rare candy codes are already supplied in the AR) so that it doesn't lose Volt Tackle through Day Care level-ups in D/P.

Step 4: After you are done doing that, transfer your male Electabuzz with Volt Tackle to D/P and catch it at Pal Park. Go directly to the Day Care and drop off a Ditto along with your Electabuzz. Move around 200 steps (it may vary depending on the likeness between your Ditto and Electabuzz) then go back to the old man. After you receive your egg, ride your bike up and down the path ~6,400 steps (it varies and mine took 6,500 something steps). After it hatches, BINGO! Volt Tackle on Elekid.

By the way, I'm not the first person to find this. Many GameFAQers have done this in the past.
---------> I then responded with the fact that I used an Electivire with Volt Tackle hacked on, and got very different results.

Subject: September 3rd, 2008 I think my game is effed, then. There WAS a Bad Egg in my Ruby...
So yeah, I don't know what to say. But there are users who stated that they have been able to do it with a legitimate Electabuzz (they probably know people who work in the industry and got first hand try-outs) that knew these four moves:

Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Volt Tackle, and Leer.

I think its important to analyze the fact that these codes were used, and the game was tampered with. In fact, its possible that that code allowed the move to be passed on. I propose that this be archived for future research by good hackers that can manipulate the codes and don't mind the risk.

Probably.

I'm surprised no one has bothered cracking open the game's code directly.

Wait - Diamond/Pearl is being excluded from future events?
Once Platinum is out, that's the only game you can use for official events/giveaways. It's official.

This has led many people to believe that it has to do with new content that is not compatible with D/P.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You guys realize this person registered today and already has six posts, this one of which has already been proven false by someone else in this very topic. This just screams the word troll to me.

Once Platinum is out, that's the only game you can use for official events/giveaways. It's official.

This has led many people to believe that it has to do with new content that is not compatible with D/P.
What? That's fucking retarded. Releasing a "new" version of the game after a few years is bad enough, now they're taking the exclusive stuff a step further into event territory? What greedy bastards.

But it wouldn't even be as much of an issue if they allowed D/P to get a legit Shaymin/Arceus. Forcing people to buy the third game or hack to complete the Pokedex is fucking retarded.

As long as platinum is worth the money I have no issue. Anyways I have an R4...

Also I'm not entirely convinced of that guys explanation. From what I know it doesn't and shouldn't matter whether you're using hacked crap or the real deal.

That is retarded. So basically you're going to have to beat Platinum and then ship over all your current D/P Pokemon to get the best Egg Moves and Move Tutor stuff? That's is pretty gay.

On the subject of Volt Tackle, I tried it and it actually worked. So, it's not a lie. Why it is part of the games coding, I do not know.

Does anyone else think this is like the case where a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard can be hit through by Fire Fang? Merely because it wouldn't be possible unless using a cheating device? So there was no real reason to NOT put it there.

What I'm starting to get worried about, is not being able to trade with platinum. 0_0 If that happened, EVERYTHING that people bred in wifi would be in vain. It gets to that, then, I'm leaving smogon/pokemon.

i did a search on google and i found this on some other forum i would post the link bu i don't know if im aloud:
there is a unreleased event eletrvire that knows the move volt tackle, when or where this event will be is unknow.
after getting this event pokemon you can breed it with a ditto to get a elekid with the egg moves cross chop, ice punch, volt tackle, and leer.
this would mean that possibly they will release an event pokemon.

I think it's pretty obvious that you guys have jumped the gun, here. While it's true that the code allows for these Pokemon to learn Volt Tackle, that doesn't mean it's an egg move at all.

Chances are good that it's just a tutor move to be introduced in Platinum, which will not be possible to pass on via breeding at all, as it wouldn't be a level-up move OR an egg move.

Like Softboiled Clefable.

EDIT: What would be a good idea, though, would be for someone to see if Gunk Shot Crogunk or Seed Bomb Pachirisu are in the code somehow. However, if they aren't, then chances are good that Game Freak is adding a lot of new code to Platinum. This theory would be backed up by the fact that Nintendo is only allowing Platinum in all future events... and excluding Diamond & Pearl.

Unfortunately, there is always the chance that nothing will ever come of Volt Tackle at all... left as unused data.
It's probably a tutor move..and I'd like to see someone to see Gunk Shot/Seed Bomb for Cro/Pach repectively and Nintendo is only allowing Platinum for future event o_O. As for Volt Tackle's data not being used..hopefully not. Volt Tackle Electivire FTW!

How sad that they give Alakazam volt tackle but not a poke like Luxray who's dying for it. O-o
It's in the coding but it's not has been confirmed if Zam and others get it in Platinum..but I get your point.

Something lame: *imagines Paul's Electivire using Volt Tackle in the anime..lol*.

I somewhat believe Electivire, but Alakazam? Cacturne? Hariyama? Mr. Mime? Those make almost nooooo sense at all. i might test it later, just to see for my self if it is an egg more for electabuzz though

Edit: I hid the comment about other pokemon learning it until we have proof.

Ok, heres what I did:

Used TM code to teach electavire Volt tackle

Turned off game, started it without any codes.

Put Electavire and Ditto in Daycare (Electabuzz had expert Belt, Ditto had everstone)

Elekid did not know Volt Tackle.

After reading the current posts the answer is probobly simple. Volt Tackle WILL be a move tutor attack, most likely taught to Electivire. However, you will probobly be able to trade it to D/P even though it came from Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)