Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - November 2009

ES is used in the case that you need a revenge killer or whatever they bring in is still faster (like a weakened Scarf Latias) It's also good for doing a hefty amount to Scizor when you feel like just saccing it.

Thanks Doug. I haven't had much problems dealing with Alakazam and Rhyperior in UU. I think they are a good fit for UU for now.

Yeah, i'm beginning to agree with someone a few posts back. I hardly see any salamence and wasn't surprised when it went down to sixth last month, but now it's gone back up to 2nd. I see way more Rotom, Latias and T tar than Salamence... Also, predicting Scizor usage to drop as Tyranitar keeps on becoming a more and more popular choice bander.

ES is used in the case that you need a revenge killer or whatever they bring in is still faster (like a weakened Scarf Latias) It's also good for doing a hefty amount to Scizor when you feel like just saccing it.
Yep; however, I would still not use offensive DDNite over DDMence even with ES. I'd say ES may actaully fit the bulky set better and help its survivability

Thank you for the statistics, Doug. I really enjoy looking at these when I try building a team. :)

Salamence at number 2 and Gyarados at 6 is surprising... though admittedly the percentages didn't really change that much. I suppose that's just how intense the top five/six spots in OU are.

| 75 | Exeggutor | 2292 | 2.25 |

Exeggutor user here; I used a SD team briefly! :heart:

| 368 | Sunkern | 23 | 0.00 |

That would be me (kidding of course).

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I love these things. I am not sure how much work goes into this but it is well worth it. I really like the indepth analysis. Thanks a ton.

Venusaur usage levels are surprising, but I guess not all that much with the SD set getting Power Whip. Looks like everybody loves Morning Sun Arcanine and Brave Bird Honchkrow.

Note how Head Smash Aggron has died off.

Venusaur usage levels are surprising, but I guess not all that much with the SD set getting Power Whip. Looks like everybody loves Morning Sun Arcanine and Brave Bird Honchkrow.

Note how Head Smash Aggron has died off.
The odd part is Aggron really should have nevered thrived in UU, but it was one of the first additions people noticed. Now that pokemon like Ambipom have Low Kick, and Honchkrow receiving Brave Bird(increasing its usage) with Superpower, it has a hard time setting up or switching in.

also, its getting HS coincided with rhyperiors drop down, rhyperior is both a good check to it and a competitor for a team slot.

Aggron...it's still a great pokemon in my eyes. I personally believe people are utilizing the "wrong" set. As the stats clearly show that majority of the players are using the RP set...I am greatly disappointed. I still believe his CB set should be the one that's would allow Aggron to shine the most. Sadly, it's not happening :(

Aggron...it's still a great pokemon in my eyes. I personally believe people are utilizing the "wrong" set. As the stats clearly show that majority of the players are using the RP set...I am greatly disappointed. I still believe his CB set should be the one that's would allow Aggron to shine the most. Sadly, it's not happening :(
Aggron is a funny poke...
Just like Porygon 2, i think it works better on OU than UU. In UU we have many Aqua Jet, Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave users that can revenge RP Aggron. There, it has to deal with Intimidate Hitmontop, Quagsire.

In OU, there's only Swampert and Hippowdon as counters(Swampert can't swtich in many times like Quagsire). And priority there is less threatening than it is in UU.(there's 2 Mach Punch users: Breloom and Infernape. Both rarely uses said move).
In OU, there's Sandstorm to let Aggron switch in more easily on special attacks. And in OU there's more baits for Aggron to switch in(Scarf Latias, Scarf Rotom using Shadow Ball, Scizor, Skarmory, Salamence trapped on Outrage, Blissey...) and attack with Head Smash, which hurts pretty much everything that does not resist, and some that do resist(i believe Machamp is 2HKOed with Stealth Rock for example).
With Rock Polish, you need to be sure that there's no poke that can KO Aggron after that. Since Aggron resists lols at one of the most used priority moves(Extremespeed) and is neutral to another one(Bullet Punch), it has little to no problems with revenge kills. Beware of Scarfed pokes with a SE move though.
Choice Band lets Aggron hit whatever switching in hard, potencially killing it. Its job is to eliminate pokes through sheer force.

In UU... let me say, it is harder to use it there. But it is still a good poke there, walling Choiced pokes like no one.

Yep, I prefer him in OU. However, because of his usage, it seems like it will be a little hard for the guy to go up from UU to OU.

Hunh? Unless Ttar runs sets of Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Fire Punch/ HP Fire/ Scizor is a very good CB Tar check.
Even if I know it's Choice Band, I'd be pretty wary if it was not locked into a move before switching in. Although Scizor masterfully switches into Crunch, Stone Edge will annihilate him, Fire Punch will roast him, and even Earthquake will 2HKO. That's a fairly common moveset for a Choice Band Tyranitar. Personally, I'd find another check.

cb stone edge can OHKO scizor after sr damage. I have not found it to be nearly as safe a switch in as say swampert, who can usually beat ttar with earthquake.

I find it interesting that Scizor is used more in Ubers than Garchomp is. Ironic, isn't it?
Are you trying to say something? Forretress is also used more than Ho-oh, for example. Just because something is OU, it doesn't mean it can't perform well in Ubers. And if something is banned from OU, it doesn't mean it's good in Ubers, it just means is broken in OU.

It's strange to see Gyarados down at #6- it's one of the few things in the top 10 which works well on any type of team.
Pretty much everything in the top 10 has the stat distribution and movepool to fit on virtually every type of team. The only exception really is that Infernape and Lucario can't really work on heavy stall. But Jirachi, Latias, Rotom-a work great on both stall and offense. Stall-based balance can make great use of the resistances and defensive capabilities of Heatran and TTar and even Scizor and Metagross. I've even seen a Salamence used to great effect on a stall team.

It's strange to see Gyarados down at #6- it's one of the few things in the top 10 which works well on any type of team.
Don't take into account where it's ranked, look at the usage. The top spots are only separated by a small amount. The larger changes are coming a little further down the ladder.

Possibilities....

The current metagame this month could be easily conquered by Cross and Empoleon or Roserade leads. It is suprising many teams haven't incorperated this anyway

The problem with Heracross is that most of what it does is outclassed by other Pokémon. Plus, the few niches it does have (e.g. Flame Orb + Swords Dance) are not universally appealing.

Empoleon is a threatening sweeper for sure, but with so many teams carrying Latias, it's been hard for it to plow through teams. Not to mention that it's almost entirely predictable.

Roserade is indeed a top lead, but again, it really only fits on certain teams (not like the other leads aren't like this but still). Non-Spiker sets are largely outclassed by Celebi, and while Roserade doesn't immediately crumple to Pursuit and U-turn, it still takes a massive hit. As a Spiker outside the lead position, it competes with stuff like Skarmory, Forretress and Tentacruel.

They're all great Pokémon, but I don't think that any Pokémon "easily conquers" this metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)