Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - November 2009

Empoleon is much better as a lead in this meta, IMO. It takes down like 8 of the top 10 essentially guaranteed (those that it loses to being only Sleepers like Roserade and Sash / Scarf Smeargle - and even then it breaks their sashes with its Aqua Jet). I'm surprised more people don't use it.

I just saw this and I was very surprised seeing Gyarados at number 6, I haven't battled in month but I'm just chocked seeing this...

Zam and Rhyperior are only 16 and 17? I thought they would be in the top ten......
I'm actually shocked that they got so high! If you think about it, they're only a bit better than Kadabra and Rhydon. Yes, they're better, but I must admit that I'm quite shocked that base 15 extra Special Attack and Speed and Focus Blast for Alakazam, and Solid Rock and base 5 extra Attack, and 10 HP, Defense and Special Defense for Rhyperior has got them a tenfold usage increase on what Kadabra and Rhydon were getting, if that makes sense. I think either Rhyperior and Alakazam are overrated, because everybody thinks "Oh, they were OU, so the must be good", or Kadabra and Rhydon were underrated, because everybody thought "They're NFEs, so they must suck". Perhaps it's a bit of both.

I like how Umbreon got more usages than Rhyperior and Alakazam though, considering he was the OU drop-down that nobody seemed to care about.

Venasaur at Number 1 in UU, eh? I'm pretty surprised by that.
And what happened to Missy? -3.65% in a month... I'm surprised it got overtaken by Venasaur, actually. I never realised Vensaur could be that much trouble.

Scizor, the most used Pokemon in the metagame. And Alakazam just missed out the #50 mark. Heracross is on his way to UU. If he makes it there lets just say the only thing that can counter him there is Weezing. Or maybe a few more.

Venasaur at Number 1 in UU, eh? I'm pretty surprised by that.
And what happened to Missy? -3.65% in a month... I'm surprised it got overtaken by Venasaur, actually. I never realised Vensaur could be that much trouble.
Venusaur isn't really 'trouble'. It's not like Honchkrow. It's just very useful, so it gets used a lot.

Rotom-A is still growing in popularity. I think it's eventually going to take over the #1 spot. I don't particularly like it, but it has so many functions. The Subcharge Sweeper, Sleep Talker, Revenge Killer, Spin Blocker, Paralysis or Burn Support. So many choices... >.<

I had an idea while I was enjoying a sit & surf:

Would it be possible to add the win % of the leads used. Sure Azelf might be the #1 lead but does his team win. I do realize that the entire team determines victory but it might be interesting to see if there were some leads which had a high win percentage even though they don't have a great number of usage.

The same could be applied to the standard usage but I felt that it would be more useful in the lead spot.

Another good statistic to collect would be detailed statistics for leads. That set of statistics would answer some questions about the metagame, such as what percent of Metagross use the Occa Berry and what percent use the Lum Berry, or Taunt compared to Fire Blast on Azelf. Currently there is no source for those statistics, and it would help with team building if there were.

Heracross would be the crowd control that covers all the Venusaur everywhere...it'd make perfect sense...

Ttar at #4, it looks like this month he might drop

Man, I know Scizor is such a beast, but I still can't believe he's dominating the tier this way. thirty percent? That's crazy.

I also like how's Salamence is back at his number two spot :D

Wasnt there a page somewhere of Switch in statistics?
You mean a list of the mean number of times a Pokemon was switched-in per usage? I do remember that but I think it only got made for one month.

All I remember from that is that Blissey is the most often switched-in in Standard, and in UU, surprise, surprise, it was Chansey!

Really? Damn, i wanted to see how often latias switched into gyarados so i could cripple it with thunderwave, only if it was in the top three for that really

Really? Damn, i wanted to see how often latias switched into gyarados so i could cripple it with thunderwave, only if it was in the top three for that really
All you can really do for that is put a Gyarados with Thunder Wave on your team, and see how much use it gives you compared to another move you might have had otherwise.

Yeah, it didn't have it for specific Pokemon (e.g. Latias switched into Gyarados 0.9489 times per usage).

It was just something like "Chansey switched in 1.8498 times per usage".

Man, Ttar is farther up there than I've ever seen. Makes me even more nervous when I'm playing a Psychic type.
Thanks for the stats, Doug.

I thought I posted this....

But I was looking at the uber lead statistics and it has cloyster at 24. Why is that, what makes it a usable lead in ubers?

ive never used or seen a cloyster lead, but hereis my guess.

using surf, ice shard, rapid spin a fourth move (maybe toxic, ice beam or explosion) and focus sash cloyster is able to deal with all deoxys leads quite effectively. surf + rapid spin/ice shard is a pretty effective way to prevent your opponent from setting up SR + spikes from deoxys e/a leads, who account for over 1/4 of the leads.

also, if your opponent switches in giratina-o to spin block then you can hit it with a stab super effective attack...

i fail to see why this would be used over starmie however, as it can OHKO groudons that do not invest heavily in special defence with grass knot...

using surf, ice shard, rapid spin a fourth move (maybe toxic, ice beam or explosion) and focus sash cloyster is able to deal with all deoxys leads quite effectively. surf + rapid spin/ice shard is a pretty effective way to prevent your opponent from setting up SR + spikes from deoxys e/a leads, who account for over 1/4 of the leads.

also, if your opponent switches in giratina-o to spin block then you can hit it with a stab super effective attack...

i fail to see why this would be used over starmie however, as it can OHKO groudons that do not invest heavily in special defence with grass knot...
probaly the giant physical bulkness cloyster got,deoxys-S dont got a chance to break that

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Cloyster can also use Spikes, but generally it is outclassed by Forretress, with a better typing, more options (SR, Spikes AND T-Spikes, plus Rapid Spin), can slowly put the hurt of Giratina-O if he needs to (Payback on the switch).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)