Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to the Newark one.

EDIT: I'll be wearing a t-shirt with my youtube channel on it, so you guys should be able to find me xD

lol M4G, I'll be wearing a hat similar to Red's from the game in order to separate myself.

Can you put me up there for Phoenix as well?
That'd be awesome if 4 smogoners took 1st-4th.
I'm pretty sure smogonites will take top 4, yeah. Probably top 16. Should be interesting. Plenty of us are going to Newark so it's gonna be a real good turn out. I'm going to be preparing a lot.

If anyone from Michigan wants to make the trip to Atlanta, I'll likely be driving. I'll probably have an extra 1-2 seats.

My only problem is that if I do get an invite, I won't be attending Nationals. I simply can't turn down a road trip out west with my fraternity brothers. That won't stop me from going to a regional and engaging in all sorts of Pokemon related shenanigans, however.

You're in Michigan? I'm in Wisconsin, not sure if that's too far for you though. Otherwise I'd go with you to Atlanta for sure.

Im so excited! IM totaly gunna be in San Fransisco! :D Watch out boys!

I'll be driving out of Sacramento, If anyone needs a ride. I'll be taking a friend, but I have 3 more seats if needed

If anyone from Michigan wants to make the trip to Atlanta, I'll likely be driving. I'll probably have an extra 1-2 seats.

My only problem is that if I do get an invite, I won't be attending Nationals. I simply can't turn down a road trip out west with my fraternity brothers. That won't stop me from going to a regional and engaging in all sorts of Pokemon related shenanigans, however.
That's when, the fifth? Hmm, maybe I'll take the train over and meet you along the way, if I have enough money.

As far as what you should worry about at the actual tourney: Dialga, Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia, Mewtwo, Giratina, Abomasnow, Ludicolo, Shedinja, Toxicroak, Metagross.
Fix'd?

OccaBerry Adamant Metagross is going to be all over I'm pretty sure, due to his ability to be in almost any team. Plus he explodes, like Snorlax.

Could anyone from Germany tell me the cheapest way to get form Dusslerdorf to Cologne? From what I could find going by train is somewhat cheap, but German isn't my most fluent language (like... I barely understand it :P ) so I'm not getting a lot of information. And acording to Google maps it says that it takes about 9 hours by foot, which isn't something I'm looking forward to do :P ...

And it's a shame the hotel where the qualifier is is kind of expensive...

Yeti, why don't you tell everyone what a pussy you are? Your sig is a total lie - "accepting VGC battles" my ass. btw, how stupid do you have to be not know Shadow Force breaks Protect? It's in the fucking move description!
Wait wait not knowing it breaks protect wat

...small children know that. It's in the move description. It's like...the main reason SF is being used as much as it is. I just don't even know.

But still, I guess I'll have a good few matches, especially if Badintent will be there. I know I won't be taking 1st, at least. xD

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've lost my SoulSilver, but if I find it, or manage to convince my parents to let me buy a new one, I will be attending the Birmingham, England venue.

Where I'll likely lose to hax. Again.

What time is the Birmingham one likely to finish? There's a coach from the airport (around 20 minutes walk from the event, apparently) at 16:20, but the next one is at 19:05. The first one might be too early, especially considering the very small chance that I or my brother place in the top 4 (and have to do paperwork/interviews/etc).

Yeah, I'm a bit worried that things I've obtained that were cloned will come up as hacks...and there's no way in hell I'm going down to Newark just to be told I can't play.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I'm a bit worried that things I've obtained that were cloned will come up as hacks...and there's no way in hell I'm going down to Newark just to be told I can't play.
I'm pretty sure they can't detect clones (especially ones traded to another cartridge). The amount of people that used the 'BlakChrome' shiny Metagross clone and weren't disqualified kind of proves this.. But you can never be 100% sure unless you just simply don't cheat at all.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am 99.9% sure that many people last year used straight up hacks, and were fine.

That being said, I unfortunately don't think the 8-hour drive to San Francisco is going to be worth it for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)