Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

NOW we are talking. That's how you should be feeling. If you need any help, just let me know. Ask Rename Card, I'm his personal Emloop calibrator. lol

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nvm, I understand how it works with Giratina-O I think. But when I was calibrating for delay I got these results. I know for a fact I don't take over 20 seconds to start my game after a soft Reset... Does it matter that I'm using the Giratina-O to calibrate?
Seconds | Delay
14 | 607
34 | 599
43 | 599
23 | 593 |
22 | 605
42 | 603
22 | 597
Except for (probably) the first one, these are all wrong.

you need to synchronize your clocks before each reset.

Alright. After a lot of trouble shooting, I managed to figure out how to hit specific spreads with the Pokewalker.

The nature, however, is still giving me some trouble.

I know that the swirl animation advances the IRNG by 192 each time it completes without a communication error and then each caught Poke adavances it by 1.

I also know that the method that they are generated isn't in the RNGreporter.

So what method ARE they generated by? I don't like causing communication errors and just hoping for a useable nature . . .

Alright. After a lot of trouble shooting, I managed to figure out how to hit specific spreads with the Pokewalker.

The nature, however, is still giving me some trouble.

I know that the swirl animation advances the IRNG by 192 each time it completes without a communication error and then each caught Poke adavances it by 1.

I also know that the method that they are generated isn't in the RNGreporter.

So what method ARE they generated by? I don't like causing communication errors and just hoping for a useable nature . . .
IV Spreads are generated as Wondercard Method,
Nature Spreads by a unknown method yet.

I'm having trouble with Elm Responses on RNG Reporter while using RNG for Egg IVs:

I'm getting landed on an adjacent despite that two calls were missing during game play. Example:

Rng Reporter lists the following Elm Responses for a frame 505 (my target is 507)
KEEEKKEEKPKK

But when I do the actual calls on the game to verify my seed, I get:
EEKKEEKPKK and two other results that I've forgotten

but the Search Elm function lands me directly on frame 505 all the same.

To top that off, I'm getting more no Elm responses than I'm getting Elm responses. It doesn't seem to matter what seed I use. This is happening with all of them. I have no roamers.

I verify the date and time on my DS. I re-verify the seeds, make sure I have the right dates and times, etc. I'm not sure what to do to make this work.

IV Spreads are generated as Wondercard Method,
Nature Spreads by a unknown method yet.
The nature is generated by calling the IRNG, dividing the random number by 24, and taking the remainder. It's not very hard to implement a simple script/program to do this for a given seed/frame.

Anyway, does anyone know a way to switch from even to odd delays in D/P without removing or inserting a GBA cart? I'm trying to abuse a Pokémon that can only be found with Sapphire inserted...

The nature is generated by calling the IRNG, dividing the random number by 24, and taking the remainder. It's not very hard to implement a simple script/program to do this for a given seed/frame.

Anyway, does anyone know a way to switch from even to odd delays in D/P without removing or inserting a GBA cart? I'm trying to abuse a Pokémon that can only be found with Sapphire inserted...
Since I'm rather computer inept, I'll just have to wait for someone else to do it . . .

If you have PBR or MPR, connecting to either of those flips the delay.

I know stupid idea but maybe try the same thing that works in HG/SS? The scrolling down the option screen and up? Just guessing.xD

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I got tired of writing software every time i needed to do some simple math to a sequence of RNG output so figured I would try for something generic. It allows chaining results and has quite a few operators, so I hope it ends up being useful.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
The first three Pokes appear on 193, 194, 195 and then the first poke of the next transfer will appear on 195+192+1 so 388, yes?
Unless you get any connection errors (which screws everything naturewise), this holds for the Egg PIDs that the natures are based off of. Remember the Egg PID is not the real nature. You have to divide the PID by 24 and take the remainder!

The IVs of the first PKMN show up on 1, 3, and 5, and then the next ones are 7, 9, 11, etc.

@mingot; why doesn't this seed: 802001F (frame 1) won't give me Brave nature? As I saw someone in DMP getting a Munchlax with that seed and frame 1 spread and getting a brave nature. Am I doing something wrong?

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
@mingot; why doesn't this seed: 802001F (frame 1) won't give me Brave nature? As I saw someone in DMP getting a Munchlax with that seed and frame 1 spread and getting a brave nature. Am I doing something wrong?
If you got any connection errors before a successful transfer, that would do it. The nature algorithm indeed produces Brave for that spread.

Unless you get any connection errors (which screws everything naturewise), this holds for the Egg PIDs that the natures are based off of. Remember the Egg PID is not the real nature. You have to divide the PID by 24 and take the remainder!

The IVs of the first PKMN show up on 1, 3, and 5, and then the next ones are 7, 9, 11, etc.
So, using the thingy-booper Mignot posted above, the forth Poke transfered with no connection errors would be on the 388 frame listed for a given seed?

And as far as the IVs go, I've been getting -1, 1, 3 and then 5, 7, 9. But that just may be me, so I don't want to go messing anyone else up.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
So, using the thingy-booper Mignot posted above, the forth Poke transfered with no connection errors would be on the 388 frame listed for a given seed?

And as far as the IVs go, I've been getting -1, 1, 3 and then 5, 7, 9. But that just may be me, so I don't want to go messing anyone else up.
For the PIDs the natures are based off, you are entirely correct - 388!

IV-wise we are looking at different lists. I use the Wondercard IVs list, not the Method 1 list.

That's because you are using Method 1, you should be using wondercard.

For the PIDs the natures are based off, you are entirely correct - 388!

IV-wise we are looking at different lists. I use the Wondercard IVs list, not the Method 1 list.
Thank you, and thank you again.

Now to "Recieve gift" nothing 30 times . . .

I'm having a little trouble with using the Emloop timer to hit higher delays. The delay I'm trying to hit is 593, and the delay I usually use is 489 (difference 104) and HG takes 13 seconds to start up. My target seed is 8d17025b and I found 2010 05 10 23:46:45 to be a suitable time for that.

So here you see that I've filled out the screen with the appropriate values. If I'm understanding this correctly, I need to open my DS to change the time, hold the Confirm button on my DS and the Start button on Emloop down and release them at the same time. I then start the game, SR when the timer hits 0, hit A to the continue screen, and hit A again when the timer hits 0 again. However, when I start SRing, I don't hit seeds anywhere near the one I'm looking for. I tried it about 10 times and searched Elm responses for delays +-50 and seconds +-2, and I don't get anything. I think I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas?

New page, so to recap:

I'm trying to RNG for the first time. I have SS and no roamers out, so I'm trying to use the Elm method to make sure I hit my seeds. But when I call, I don't get any of the expected PEK responses. The only thing he says is
Hello, <name>? You seem to be doing well.
You've done so well, I have nothing to worry about for you.
I think you could do anything you try!
This doesn't help at all since it's the same thing every time, but I don't have a clue what I haven't done.

A list—or at least some guidelines—as to what Method (1, J, or K) to use for particular Pokemon would be appreciated; I don't want to have to ask here every time. And I'm not quite sure how to actually catch the right Pokemon once I've generated and hit a particular seed. I know it has to do with the Frame number, but I'm not entirely clear on what to do with it.

New page, so to recap:

I'm trying to RNG for the first time. I have SS and no roamers out, so I'm trying to use the Elm method to make sure I hit my seeds. But when I call, I don't get any of the expected PEK responses. The only thing he says is This doesn't help at all since it's the same thing every time, but I don't have a clue what I haven't done.

A list—or at least some guidelines—as to what Method (1, J, or K) to use for particular Pokemon would be appreciated; I don't want to have to ask here every time. And I'm not quite sure how to actually catch the right Pokemon once I've generated and hit a particular seed. I know it has to do with the Frame number, but I'm not entirely clear on what to do with it.
You need to have a Pokemon infected with Pokerus and have been to Kanto to receive those responses. You can try Juggler Irwin for a similar set of 3 responses if you don't have access to those things. You'll have to look up the responses, though, I'm not sure what they are.

Methods are listed in the first page of this thread. Most legendaries in HG/SS are Method K, though a few are Method 1. I don't think HG/SS uses Method J at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)