Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can an Ingrained [flying] Poké be hit by spikes and ground type moves?
According to Bulbapedia: "If the user of Ingrain has Levitate, it will be vulnerable to Ground-type moves while rooted." So I would imagine the same holds true for flying types. Spikes...not sure. Wanna battle me and find out? You got some pokemon that can pull that off?

Hey guys, soul silver is driving me crazy right now. Trying to breed a Bronzor together with a Ditto, in an attempt to get a Bronzor with a Sassy nature and levitate. Is there any way to increase the successful nature inheritance in the offspring between these two genderless pokemon? Maybe I'm just being impatient, but giving an everstone to either parent has yielded no apparent results thus far... children seem to have random natures as usual.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, soul silver is driving me crazy right now. Trying to breed a Bronzor together with a Ditto, in an attempt to get a Bronzor with a Sassy nature and levitate. Is there any way to increase the successful nature inheritance in the offspring between these two genderless pokemon? Maybe I'm just being impatient, but giving an everstone to either parent has yielded no apparent results thus far... children seem to have random natures as usual.
Having the Sassy parents hold an Everstone should increase the rate of having a same-natured child. you might just be unlucky.

Actually giving ditto an Everstone will have 50% chance to pass down its nature to the baby! It's probably some very unfortunate crummy luck.

1. Does the heal from Aqua Ring and Ingrain stack?

2. Can an Ingrained Poké be hit by spikes and ground type moves?

1. Yes. Each effect is separate.

2. Yes. "During effect, Ground-type attacks are effective against user and user can receive the effect of Spikes and Toxic Spikes ... as though its current type did not include Flying"

Question: How does Perish Song interact with Soundproof? Is PS removed the moment a poké with soundproof is switched in, or does it only block PS at the end of 3 counts?
If a Pokemon has Soundproof, it will not receive a perish count, put the perish count it already has will still decline.

I have a dragonite on my team.

Should i make it the Dragon Dance type or the Choice Band.

DD doesn't make sense since it have EVs in HP..

Should i make it the Dragon Dance type or the Choice Band.
That is up to you and what your team needs.

DD doesn't make sense since it have EVs in HP.
It also says you can go with a more offensive approach: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe and a Jolly nature.
But if you don't use that bulkier set then you might as well go with DD Salamence as he is more suited. The point of using Dragonite over Salamence is his bulk and that's why those HP EV's come in handy.

That is up to you and what your team needs.

It also says you can go with a more offensive approach: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Spe and a Jolly nature.
But if you don't use that bulkier set then you might as well go with DD Salamence as he is more suited. The point of using Dragonite over Salamence is his bulk and that's why those HP EV's come in handy.
would that work if i had an adamant nature?

And if i choose to go the choice band route, can i use life orb instead?

Vaporeon is largely better in OU. And baton pass is not needed to pass wish, unless you want the wish passer to take the hit so that the recipient can switch in safely. In this case the strategy can work, just make sure to be slower than your opponent.
Yeah that's what I meant, wish is mostly used for healing frail life orbers and recoil abusers anyway ;)

Okay I think I got a glitch, just wondering if anyone can confirm...
I caught a pretty nicely IVd shiny Psyduck so I decided to EV train it...during training speed I've been running from Ferrow, mostly while my HP is ringing and is in red. When I run it says successfully fled but next battle Psyduck is fainted and Ferrow didn't use pursuit. I'm on route 9 (by Cerulean), anyone know whats up?

What SpA EVs are recommended for Milotic?
I just put mine 252 with a boosting nature, with 76 in HP and 180 in defense, I'm thinking about giving it a flame orb to hold (WHAT THE HECK IT JUST DIED AGAIN!!! ....Rattata too, knew pursuit but didn't use it when I swapped...maybe its slapping itself to death...) but I'm still debating on that.

Does anyone have intimate knowledge of how Feebas works in DPPt? I'm wondering if I can find it, then keep my DS on the same day for a while by pushing back the time. So, for example, can I keep the date on 5/27/10 for a few days and just keep setting the time back to 12:01 without Feebas's location changing places?

Does anyone have intimate knowledge of how Feebas works in DPPt? I'm wondering if I can find it, then keep my DS on the same day for a while by pushing back the time. So, for example, can I keep the date on 5/27/10 for a few days and just keep setting the time back to 12:01 without Feebas's location changing places?
If the RNG don't change or effect it then it should work. But why not just catch one and breed it?

Is Hidden Power Grass viable on Milotic in OU? I mean, sure Electric slams Gyarados, but Swampert is a decent kill too, no?

Also, is this spread on a Bold Milotic defensively balanced enough for OU: 252 HP/152 Def/4 Spd/6 SAtk/96 SDef?

I bred about 15 Feebas, got one with 28 31 30 31 31 27, Mild nature, after I EV it it will have 348 HP and 213 Defense (at 100), Is it better to have an odd amount of HP and an even amount of defense? Because of how to game rounds down and stuff?
Bump question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)