Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I seem to have a problem.

I'm using pikatimer and everything seems to be right, but when I do the Elm calls, they never math up. Can someone explain it?
Then you missed your delay. If you're using the Seed to Time function to see what delay/time you did hit, then you may want to widen the search options (set delay to 99 and the seconds to 2 on each end).

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I need to test it a couple more times, but I think that the frame in HGSS advances by 2 if you continue the game with the bike music playing.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I need to test it a couple more times, but I think that the frame in HGSS advances by 2 if you continue the game with the bike music playing.
Please test this out to confirm it.

I noticed that my frames were always 2 off but did not take the time to attribute it to any specific cause.

Damn. I just realized that I have to abuse for Palkia at the Sinjoh Ruins, but I'm using a friend's copy for this and he has a long way to go before beating the Elite Four, making Elm Calls unusable.

How do I reliably check/advance the frame without them?

There is no "HGSS Egg PID (National/International)" in RNG reporter like there is for DPPt. So how should I go about that part of RNG abuse? Do I need to do it old-school; hatch and reset until I find one with the ability/gender/shininess/nature I like? Or is there some other easier way? I'm hoping so.

Also, my calibration delays for Soul Silver are all odd, where they were all even in Platinum. Is this consistent with everyone else? Does it also mean that inserting a GBA game will make them even?
I've heard that calling Joey advances both the RNG and IRNG by 2. Not sure on the latter though.

Using a GBA game still flips the delay from odd to even and vice versa.

Time finder > Shiny egg > HG/SS Shiny egg
If you don't want it shiny, just put a random sid
Calls to Youngster joey skip two eggs (so try to find odd frames, for example frame 3 = make one call to joey and take the first egg)

And yes, your delays will always be odd, unless you put a pokemon GBA game

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Damn. I just realized that I have to abuse for Palkia at the Sinjoh Ruins, but I'm using a friend's copy for this and he has a long way to go before beating the Elite Four, making Elm Calls unusable.

How do I reliably check/advance the frame without them?

I've heard that calling Joey advances both the RNG and IRNG by 2. Not sure on the latter though.

Using a GBA game still flips the delay from odd to even and vice versa.
you can use Irwin calls instead they have the same function and advance the frame by 1 for each call, I'll add a link in a second.

EDIT: here you go http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2650883&postcount=268

Is there any place in Diamond where I can catch Magikarps without NPCs? I can hit my delay well enough, but my frames keep getting screwed up in my current location. I really want to catch a quad flawless Magikarp for breeding.

I was frame calibrating and I got the seed 70100280 from a magikarp in resort area. here's the possible IVs for the eevee I was breeding, i Daycare'd it to level 10, checking its stats each level:

Eevee - #133 (Bold)
HP: 20 - 23
Att: 20 - 23
Def: 23 - 24
SpA: 27
SpD: 4 - 7
Speed: 15 - 18

from Metalkid.info

here are the possible IVs for the level 26 Vaporeon
HP: 29 - 31
Att: 31
Def: 23 - 26
SpA: 27 - 29
SpD: 3 - 6
Speed: 9 - 12

and here's the IVs of the random ditto i captured then got up to level 100.
25/14/6/24/3/1

here's the IVs from the frame 1 of the seed i got
20/20/B/B/5/16

Oh and Ditto is A and Vaporeon is B.

I honestly do not believe i hit frame 1, but the proof is evident. no other frame matched it so perfectly. also I think I never get odd frames.
I guess the reason why I didn't get an answer is because I posted on a multiple of 25, (end of page) so no one saw it. so can I ask again? here goes.

EDIT: maybe after some proofreading i should add a question...
How to I fix the frame to hit frame 12 instead of frame 1? Journal Flips advance by 2. it would either make 11 or 13...

EDIT2: i added 5 journal flips and ended up with the right time and delay, but a frame of 11 instead of 12. i can't just pop in a GBA game because both of my DS lites have at least one button stuck or otherwise broken in the soft reset sequence. So I am using my DSi. how do I "even-ify" my frame? I think what happened is a saved in a time-position where there was only 1 movement in Solaceon town, thus making my frame odd.

I'm RNGing for the Legendary Birds.
The guide said to defeat all of them, but I only killed two because I read it wrong...
I've already beaten the E4 and I know that re-releasing the one's I have killed is still possible.
I left Moltres alive and killed Zapdos and Articuno.
Does it count as all of them being re-released, or just Zapdos and Articuno?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm RNGing for the Legendary Birds.
The guide said to defeat all of them, but I only killed two because I read it wrong...
I've already beaten the E4 and I know that re-releasing the one's I have killed is still possible.
I left Moltres alive and killed Zapdos and Articuno.
Does it count as all of them being re-released, or just Zapdos and Articuno?
if you never fainted moltres then it won't be re-released just zapdos and articuno.

Thanks for giving me the answers I need.

So I have to hit my delay once for the nature and once for the IVs? Nyeh.
Now I don't know whether it's worth it for me to switch to HGSS for beeding. Isn't there any way to find an egg by finding your initial seed, like in DPP? I don't mind scrolling through eggs manually (or, I guess, with Youngster Joey), but having to hit my delay twice sorta halves my breeding speed.

Also, do I need to open the PokeGear quickly in order to prevent the frame from advancing? Does the NPC advance the IRNG (iirc necessary for creating appropriately natured eggs) as well as the standard frame?
You can still use the DPPT Egg pid as the info it gives works for HG SS, however you dont have the taps application to skip through egg but only a lousy "skip 2" joey call, that's why the "HG/SS shiny egg finder" is useful, it filters through the seeds to display only low shiny frames

Trust me you dont want to call joey 500 times to get your egg, plus incoming calls screw your irng (while biking for your egg to appear)

And yes it is preferable to open PokeGear quickly but only when abusing egg IVs, as there is one npc that can screw your frame (not IRNG for egg nature, nothing can screw that except incoming calls)

Success! And a question

Yes! First try of today and I bred an adamant shiny technician Scyther with 31/31/31/x/31/31 IVs!!! But I have a question, because, I didn't do anything different than yesterday and the adjacent results still told me I didn't hit the frame I wanted, but I double checked by feeding a few of my precious rare candies and checking with the guy at battle tower till the results looked good enough that I decided to do a lvl 100 battle with myself. Turns out I hit everything just right and got what I was aiming for :D yay first successful IV RNG!

I'd still like to know though, why did it tell me I got something else?

This is on my Platinum game and I verified with the coin flip application.
This is what I was trying to hit, and what I DID hit:

Seed: 92130265
Date: 2010-06-22
Time: 19:00:14
Delay:603
Frame: 14
A/31/31/11/A/B
Flip Sequence: T,T,H, T, H, H, T, T, H, T

But this is what it told me I had hit:

Seed:8E130226
Date:2010-06-22
Time:19:00:10
Delay:540
Frame:13
20/A/17/A/25/17
Flip Sequence:T,T, H, T, H, H, T, T, H,T

I noticed the flip sequences are the same, can someone explain this to me please?

I find that using the same Delay and Seconds everytime you SR for your Egg Ivs is very easy, and I seem to get "Often Dozes Off" everytime. Does that happen everytime you choose the same Delay and Seconds?

Hitting the same delay and seconds means you're hitting the same seed multiple times, so if the seed determines which characteristic appears (which it most likely does, but this is just my guess), then yes, it'll generate the same phrase every time.

Hitting the same delay and seconds means you're hitting the same seed multiple times, so if the seed determines which characteristic appears (which it most likely does, but this is just my guess), then yes, it'll generate the same phrase every time.
I thought it was a different seed though since they're always different dates and different coin flip verifications. I thought it was the date and time that made the seed.

If you mean certain spreads will have certain characteristics, then yes it does. I've been using the same seed for all my flawless breeds in HG, and they all share the same characteristic.

Oh I know different spreads have certain characteristics, but the only thing that is the same is always the Delay and Seconds. I thought the date and time had to be the same to get the same characteristics. As far as spreads go, I'm always using different Parent/Generic IV combos.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Question: Does the RNG Reporter work with ROM's? Because every single time I try to enter the level 50 or higher Pokemon's stats, and the time, it says no reasonable seed was found. Help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)