Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Good lord, no. Saving outside of the shop means you'd have to deal with all of the NPCs in-town on top of however many ones are in the shop. Saving right in front of the delivery man is best, and still won't affect the nature you get. As for NPCs in HGSS stores, at least Azalea and Ecruteak only have one each if you're early in the game, and at least Fuchsia has no moving NPCs at all if you're later on.

If it's still the same Nature and Ability, then you used the wrong ID/SID when you searched for the seed. If not, then HGSS pulled a bait-and-switch on you, as it sometimes does when it comes to shiny eggs.

Oh God, I just realized. I run 2 save games, 1 for breeding and stuff and one for the story, etc. I searched for shinies using the wrong S/ID combo. I feel pretty dumb. Thanks!

I'm RNGing for a Zapdos in HeartGold. According to RNG Reporter, the roamers should have advanced my frame by 3. I loaded the game, checked the map, and then pressed A at Zapdos. When I caught it, it was on frame 5, when it should have been on frame 4. There are no NPCs on that route... what's the deal? Zapdos is on frame 1, right?

I'm RNGing for a Zapdos in HeartGold. According to RNG Reporter, the roamers should have advanced my frame by 3. I loaded the game, checked the map, and then pressed A at Zapdos. When I caught it, it was on frame 5, when it should have been on frame 4. There are no NPCs on that route... what's the deal? Zapdos is on frame 1, right?
Sometimes HG/SS can provide inconsistencies like this. I don't see why this is a problem considering that you can find your frame through elm calls. And yes, Zapdos is frame 1

Thanks. Also, if I have all 3 roamers out, what does it mean if Entei doesn't show up on the map (it's NOT stacked under Raikou; I've seen that before and it looks different)?

Thanks. Also, if I have all 3 roamers out, what does it mean if Entei doesn't show up on the map (it's NOT stacked under Raikou; I've seen that before and it looks different)?
There's a weird quirk with the roamers sometimes where one'll jump over to another route automatically if another is occupying the route it would have taken. That's probably what happened here, and why you skipped ahead an extra frame. Did you give RNG Reporter the correct routes they were on before you saved and started resetting?

Just after a confirmation really,

Been having a few inconsistancies with my roamer(s), as in the route they are on doesnt match up to the Elm call string - Im assuming Elm calls take precedence and the roamers can 'glitch' as to their route? Had a few instances of this as I usually use the roamers location as confirmation of my seed before I ring Elm, but if the latter is correct then I will just do it the hard way!

Cheers.

I'm working on RNG for a Wondercard. When I use JavaRNG (Pikachu25) to find seeds & spreads with Method 1, the seed I like says frame 47. PokeRNG (Wichu) gives the same seed with a frame of 44 using Method 1. Putting that seed into the main window of RNG Reporter and choose Wondercard IVs, it generates that spread on frame 46. Which is correct or is there something different I'm supposed to do for Wondercards? Btw, it's a static PID Wondercard.

Bearsfan092 has made a few great videos, they're somewhere on the first page of this thread - if you have any questions after feel free to PM me :)

I'm trying to rng in hg for eggs ivs. I have 2 roamers. Do I enter the game with a frame of 3? Also do I have to kill the roamers to rng eggs ivs?

What method should I use when receiving the Riolu egg from Riley?
I believe that it uses Method 1, since it is a gift pokemon.
I'm trying to rng in hg for eggs ivs. I have 2 roamers. Do I enter the game with a frame of 3? Also do I have to kill the roamers to rng eggs ivs?
Yes, you should start out on 3. And no you don't. I suggest going for a frame that's above 10 so that you can use the Elm calls both for verification about hitting your delay and to know what frame you are currently on. It helps just incase that one NPC moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)