Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugs are not animals anymore I guess! :P

At this point, Game Freak is capable of going with either option. I hope it'll get Levitate if it doesn't get a cooler ability!
Read the entire post, I go on to talk about how the flying capabilities of insects and dragons are properly represented by Venomoth, Beedrill, and Dustox's bug-typings, and Flygon's dragon-typing, respectively. What the hell is Koromori? It's a puff ball with wings, there is no other typing that could represent its flying capabilities other than flying (since it doesn't look bug- or dragon-type).

Read the entire post, I go on to talk about how the flying capabilities of insects and dragons are properly represented by Venomoth, Beedrill, and Dustox's bug-typings, and Flygon's dragon-typing, respectively. What the hell is Koromori? It's a puff ball with wings, there is no other typing that could represent its flying capabilities other than flying (since it doesn't look bug- or dragon-type).
I read that, but it doesn't adequately explain how Butterfree and Yanma etc. meanwhile are Bug/Flying when they easily could have different secondary typings (it's not a stretch to see them as Posion and Dragon types, respectively). Plus, Flygon's Dragon typing doesn't really account for its wings, its ability does (Not all Dragons need fly/wings, just look at Dialga etc. Then again, the anime manages to construe this by having them float!).

In the end, it's just GF's whimsical discretion really (Yanmega as Bug/Dragon would have been killer though!). Or maybe it's just the fact that having only two slots for types limits the scope of a Pokemon.

Back on topic, without anymore information it does seem likely to me at this point to be Dark/Flying. All I'm saying is that given GF's track record it could easily wind up as something else.

I read that, but it doesn't adequately explain how Butterfree and Yanma etc. meanwhile are Bug/Flying when they easily could have different secondary typings (it's not a stretch to see them as Posion and Dragon types, respectively). Plus, Flygon's Dragon typing doesn't really account for its wings, its ability does (Not all Dragons need fly/wings, just look at Dialga etc. Then again, the anime manages to construe this by having them float!).

In the end, it's just GF's whimsical discretion really (Yanmega as Bug/Dragon would have been killer though!). Or maybe it's just the fact that having only two slots for types limits the scope of a Pokemon.

Back on topic, without anymore information it does seem likely to me at this point to be Dark/Flying. All I'm saying is that given GF's track record it could easily wind up as something else.
To be fair, bees sting, which is why Beedrill is Bug/Poison. Butterflies don't do that, so Butterfree is Bug/Flying.

I'd really prefer Dark/Poison, but I just can't really see it.

Butterflies are insects that FLY... I wonder what type it should have? Butterfree, Beautifly, and Mothim are all flying bugs. Venomoth... there's a VENOM in its name, is a poisonous moth--therefore it is a bug and poison type, which actually proved to be a blessing this generation!

a bug will never be more adapt at flying then a bird but that is another thing.

i am telling you guys wtf that shit is:its a fucking koffing split-evo that instead of levitate and high def it get flying type and high hp! i mean just look at that piece of shit, its a poisoned ball with retarded look and small(pathetic at best) wings and he somehow fly using those.

I honestly don't know why people think it'll be Poison beyond Zubat's line. Bats in and of themselves are not really poisonous, Zubat just happened to be a poison bat. Dark/Flying seems mostly likely to me, I'm not even sure about the Dark-type, only Flying seems totally likely.

Dark/Poison with Levitate would be nice though, especially with Coromori's apparently massive HP stat for a first stage Pokemon, as a million others have said.

What does Coromori have to do with Koffing...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Technically Dunsparce has wings, gets Roost and I *think* actually used to fly in Pokémon Stadium 1/2 and the other console games.

And with "fly", I mean "hover around stupidly" as Scicky said.

They really are quite similar actually, the hands are very similar, with kanghaskhan having claws instead of fingers, legs are quite similar as well, with the two back toes growing out to support the much more massive body of fully grown kanghaskhan... the tail is there, and so is the headplate... the only myster is the horn on the back and the fangs or whatever they are. However, the horn on the back of the head could easily change into spikes on Kangha's back and an even bigger horn on male kangha... (If there is one lol)

Technically Dunsparce has wings, gets Roost and I *think* actually used to fly in Pokémon Stadium 1/2 and the other console games.

And with "fly", I mean "hover around stupidly" as Scicky said.
Oh Dunsparce!

@Scicky: Yet the average for all fully evolved Pokemon is only 81, at least according to Bulbapedia. I'd say Coromori's 90-100 base HP is pretty great, especially since it's nearly certain to evolve.

I would like it if Mabako(?) evolved into a male Kanghaskhan, and it seems pretty likely :/

@Manson: Just sayin', even if it evolves it might not get any more HP, not that 90's even bad at all for a fully evolved pokemon though.

@Manson: Just sayin', even if it evolves it might not get any more HP, not that 90's even bad at all for a fully evolved pokemon though.
Definitely going to get SOME HP. I think it was discussed a while back nearly every Pokemon gets HP when it evolves, one of the few stats that doesn't go down or stay the same upon evolution. But I guess you never know, Coromori could be one of those Pokemon for whatever reason, and either way it could still only get a little bit.

They really are quite similar actually, the hands are very similar, with kanghaskhan having claws instead of fingers, legs are quite similar as well, with the two back toes growing out to support the much more massive body of fully grown kanghaskhan... the tail is there, and so is the headplate... the only myster is the horn on the back and the fangs or whatever they are. However, the horn on the back of the head could easily change into spikes on Kangha's back and an even bigger horn on male kangha... (If there is one lol)
Look at its belly. It doesn't have the light spot, so it isn't related to Kangaskhan. Game Freak keeps those traits throughout evolutions.

Definitely going to get SOME HP. I think it was discussed a while back nearly every Pokemon gets HP when it evolves, one of the few stats that doesn't go down or stay the same upon evolution. But I guess you never know, Coromori could be one of those Pokemon for whatever reason, and either way it could still only get a little bit.
This is the reason I pointed out slowpoke and not munchlax or happiny or something. Slowpoke and both of his evolutions have 90 base HP.

Edit: Scyther -> Scizor too, but... their entire BST stayed the same so that's not that notable.

Look at its belly. It doesn't have the light spot, so it isn't related to Kangaskhan. Game Freak keeps those traits throughout evolutions.
It's not just a light spot, it's the pouch, which the pre-evo might not have for rather obvious reasons. Still, it is just a theory I have and it is just as likely to be true as it is not.

It's very hard to judge the colour scheme from the toy. It's certainly looks like brown plastic verging on brown-green, which is pretty common on brown characters. We need to wait for a sprite or art to have a better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)