Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing about the rumors that I think is a horrible idea is the Fire/Ice type. Seriously, if it's true, is that the best they could come up with? An icicle with flames around it? I hate to be that guy that hates all the new Pokemon, but come on. Maybe it's just a case of "describing a Pokemon in mundane details makes them all sound retarded".
It sucks because it'd be a pretty cool type (at least for uniqueness), but it better not be a stupid icicle. That's the epitome of lame IMO.

Even competitively Fire/Ice isn't that awesome. 50% stealth rock sucks, plus it gets owned epically by bulky waters...I cannot imagine a Fire/Ice learning electric or grass moves, unless its theme was lasers or something :P It'd be cool to have, though.

You forgot Grass/Flying.
No I didn't. I was just being hopeful they wouldn't make it Flying but instead Electric like Final Fantasy's Quetzalcoatl. I would assume, like Flygon, that if it had some association beyond Flying, then the other association would take precedence. In the case of Flygon, since it was sand-related, it took Ground-typing instead of Flying.

Fire/Ice is a cool typing, but yeah, it's just like making a Pokemon destined to suck. But it's soooo cool.

As much as I want to see Tsutarja turn into a Grass/Electric Pokemon, I don't think it's very likely even if it's based off a Quetzelcoatl. Quetzelcoatl have nothing to do with electricity outside of Final Fantasy so it would make much more sense to make it Grass/Dragon or Grass/Flying. Of course, Tsutarja does have to do with ivy and the ivy could turn into wires or something like that. I'm still expecting it to be Grass/Poison or Grass/Dark.

As much as I want to see Tsutarja turn into a Grass/Electric Pokemon, I don't think it's very likely even if it's based off a Quetzelcoatl. Quetzelcoatl have nothing to do with electricity outside of Final Fantasy so it would make much more sense to make it Grass/Dragon or Grass/Flying. Of course, Tsutarja does have to do with ivy and the ivy could turn into wires or something like that. I'm still expecting it to be Grass/Poison or Grass/Dark.
Oh, I know it has nothing to do with it outside Final Fantasy. But I thought maybe they could, you know, steal the idea...

Now there's a rumor circulating about the rumor (LOL) saying the Fire/Ice type may be based on Maxwell's demon. This would make the Fire/Ice-types name, "Makkusuma", a combination of "Max" from "Maxwell" and "akuma", thus "Maxuma". THAT is genuinely interesting. Maybe the "icicle with fire around it" is just a poor description like Toraroiya, which is said to "have a large mechanical body" (LOL again).

Oh, I know it has nothing to do with it outside Final Fantasy. But I thought maybe they could, you know, steal the idea...

Now there's a rumor circulating about the rumor (LOL) saying the Fire/Ice type may be based on Maxwell's demon. This would make the Fire/Ice-types name, "Makkusuma", a combination of "Max" from "Maxwell" and "akuma", thus "Maxuma". THAT is genuinely interesting. Maybe the "icicle with fire around it" is just a poor description like Toraroiya, which is said to "have a large mechanical body" (LOL again).
I can sense an AWESOME ability, then.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I can sense an AWESOME ability, then.
Ability: GODDAMN BATMAN
Regulates temperature in-battle, reducing damage of Fire-/Ice-type moves from the opponent while increasing damage of your own. Also nullifies weather boosts for the opponent but not to your side. As a side effect, it kills your parents.

Upgraded Thick Fat???

Regulates temperature in-battle, reducing damage of Fire-/Ice-type moves from the opponent while increasing damage of your own. Also nullifies weather boosts for the opponent but not to your side. As a side effect, it kills your parents.

Upgraded Thick Fat???
Thats too much hax for 1 ability;D

Upgraded Thick Fat???
This is about as confusing as Download.

Thats too much hax for 1 ability;D
How is it hax when it always happens? They would have to be careful with that ability, since a 33.3% boost would be equivalent to giving it Adaptability. They would probably make it increase the damage of your Fire and Ice attacks by 25% while reducing the damage of your opponent's by 25% mainly to make Thick Fat not obsolete. Also, the killing your parents part would probably make it NU.

I could now visualize that ability legitimately...assuming the name and side effect changed.

It could be like "Radiator" or something, and flavorwise it'd be sort of like Air Lock with the added ability that the pokemon itself gets a boost. I like this a lot! :D

I wish there were abilities like these, better than "Run Away" or "Illuminate"...haha.

WOW! man that is great! i even asked this some 100s pages ago and people said gamefreak would probably use old ones that move, man i cant wait to see Lucario new sprite!

Mario With Lasers

The picture is too blurry to really judge it.
No, you can actually see Suicune's face looks different from its HGSS sprite. And even then, that old battle footage had Entei with its DPPt sprite; were they to reuse 4th gen sprites, both Entei and Suicune would have DPPt or HGSS sprites, but not one with DPPt and the other with HGSS.

No, you can actually see Suicune's face looks different from its HGSS sprite. And even then, that old battle footage had Entei with its DPPt sprite; were they to reuse 4th gen sprites, both Entei and Suicune would have DPPt or HGSS sprites, but not one with DPPt and the other with HGSS.
I agree that it does look different. I was saying that it's too blurry to judge its "suckiness."

Mario With Lasers

I agree that it does look different. I was saying that it's too blurry to judge its "suckiness."
Any Suicune sprite that's not from Advance automatically sucks ~__~

Ok no, I actually liked HGSS's and this one seems similar (not identical!) to it, so maybe it won't be as sucky as I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)