Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I like the thing that looks like a cross between a nosepass and a metagross. I already want it, even if it turns out to be terrible.
It's my favorite design thus far as well, I liked it immediately upon first sight. Honestly, it reminds me of a Heatran prevo (the way it's body is built is very similar to Heatran, sort of like a volcano. Those red rock highlights make me think it's Fire too, but could be misleading considering Nose/Probopass).

My best guess at this point is Rock/Fire, but ugh, what an awful typing... like you though, I'd still use it even if it does turn out to be slow and have terrible typing.

Dark/Flying is my bet, the color scheme from the new screenshot is pretty definitive. Doesn't seem Poison-type at all, and certainly no relation to Koffing... where in the world did that idea come from!? It's a fuzzy bat... not a poison gas balloon.
It seems that people decided it is related to Koffing simply because it is round... absurd of course. It's obviously not of the Koffing line, it's a new Pokemon.

Disagree with the Heracross evo... it really doesn't need one. And Heracross being underused currently doesn't make any difference when considering it's potential for an evo. Pinsir is the guy who needs the evo: Bug/Ground all the way! Pinsir would finally emerge from Hera's shadow.
Agreed! Although I wouldn't mind a Hera evo as well, I have been yearning for a Bug/Ground Pinsir evo for years lol. STAB Earthquake!

But I agree with you about the fire sheep, sounds like a great idea for a Pokemon. The only other typing (other than pure Fire) that could fit with a "smoke cloud" body would be Fire/Poison (hopefully with Levitate).

EDIT: @taicho: ...I think I've already seen that static-electricity sheep idea somewhere before... hmm, where was that...
Then again... Ampharos looks nothing like a sheep. Maybe instead of shedding its wool.. it catches on fire?

Dark/Flying is my bet, the color scheme from the new screenshot is pretty definitive. Doesn't seem Poison-type at all, and certainly no relation to Koffing... where in the world did that idea come from!? It's a fuzzy bat... not a poison gas balloon.

Disagree with the Heracross evo... it really doesn't need one. And Heracross being underused currently doesn't make any difference when considering it's potential for an evo. Pinsir is the guy who needs the evo: Bug/Ground all the way! Pinsir would finally emerge from Hera's shadow.

But I agree with you about the fire sheep, sounds like a great idea for a Pokemon. The only other typing (other than pure Fire) that could fit with a "smoke cloud" body would be Fire/Poison (hopefully with Levitate).

EDIT: @taicho: ...I think I've already seen that static-electricity sheep idea somewhere before... hmm, where was that...

Also disagreeing with the Heracross evo. Even though it's underused, it's still a fantastic pokemon. Fantastic attack, dual stabs, and somewhat good typing, of course speed wouldn't help, but at that point, it'd seem a bit overpowered. And... Even with Heracross' speed, it still annihilates in Ubers. :naughty:

Heracross evolution is overkill.
As i like to say: "the most powerful poke of all time", surpassing even Ubers.

Guts can boost it's attack to insane levels.
It has Swarm, boosting Megahorn BP through the roof.
STAB Reversal.
The only/strongest poke with 2 drawback free 120 BP attacks (Close Combat drops aren't that much troubling...).
All that backed up with a 125 base stat. Ouch.
Remember the calcs where a +2 Swarm Megahorn does huge damage to Giratina...

So, no. Hera is good as it is.

I hope he Heracross evo thing is fake. Heracross is pretty well off as is... If any Bug type was gettting an evo, Heracross is not deserving. Pinsir has been pining for one ever since Scyther evolved in Gen2.

If they do evolve it, it will probably be a Scizor esque evolution (Rearranging BST, maybe making it bulkier and faster, but also weaker?) which would, most likely, still keep Heracross competitive.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah if Cross gets an evo I assume it'll keep the same BST, or at least subtract BST from a useful stat while still being a general improvement (i.e. Magneton -> Magnezone). If it ends up with base 105 ATK and base 105 SPE and keeps the same movepool though...hehe

I think its safe to assume Bug types will have their rise in power this upcoming Meta... and a Heracross Evo wouldn't be terribly bad.

There would have to be a good reason to use Heracross over Infernape or Breloom. Especially over Infernape who has a GIGANTIC movepool.

I remember when the phrase "Your team has a Hera weakness" meant something.

RIP MoPcross :(

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just as I said before, what kills these rumors is that the NOA guy simply spilled out too many beans. If one thing gets proved false, then the whole castle falls apart. And the only glue holding the castle together is... the unnamed trio's names. It's pretty obvious this month's Corocoro will bring up those eight pokémon from B/W's trailer, including the trio. If their names really are Serufiru, Gizajemu and Goshikkuro then heh, his shit gets a LOT more credibility (just like the anime sketches). Now, does Corocoro come by and Gothmon is actually called Hanna-Barbera or something, then everything falls apart and we move on only to be fooled by yet another rumor down the path to next Corocoro. Yay~~

Sure they could. They might have looked at Entei's DPt sprite and thought it would make for a better animated base then the HGSS sprite.
Now that would suck.

I think its safe to assume Bug types will have their rise in power this upcoming Meta
huh

Why would they?

Yeah if Cross gets an evo I assume it'll keep the same BST, or at least subtract BST from a useful stat while still being a general improvement (i.e. Magneton -> Magnezone). If it ends up with base 105 ATK and base 105 SPE and keeps the same movepool though...hehe
Agreed. I think a Hera evo would go a la Scizor in terms of keeping BST.

For Pinsir at least I could see a Bug/Ground evo built with less speed but more bulk while keeping that awesome attack and gaining STAB Mold Breaker Earthquake. I'm not too sure about Hera evolution though...

Agreed. I think a Hera evo would go a la Scizor in terms of keeping BST.

For Pinsir at least I could see a Bug/Ground evo built with less speed but more bulk while keeping that awesome attack and gaining STAB Mold Breaker Earthquake. I'm not too sure about Hera evolution though...
[2] on all counts

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The fact that Yanmega, Scyther, Scizor, Pinsir and Heracross have the highest BST of all Bug-types - 500, and GF doesn't seem to keen on increasing that - makes me pretty sure they would, at best, rearrange Heracross's stats were they to evolve it.

EDIT: Well fuck me, Shuckle has 505 and Yanmega actually has 515. Now I have some hope we may get even higher BSTs for the Bug-types in B/W.

Honestly, these Pokejungle rumours seem more believable to me than the ones from the Japanese forum that turned out to be true!
As someone said, they'll be really easy to crack since there were so many details.

A Heracross evo would be cool and Atocross is a name I could live with.
Heracross' stats are nicely distributed but even 100 base Speed would put him at a mere 515 BST.
They could also pull a Scyther/Scizor and just shuffle the stats around.

Anyway, there's a definite "ring of truth" to these for me.
So we'll see what Corocoro confirms or denies later in the month.

I love the new images of entei/suicune. just because of the image of the pokeball being used. it seems more.. major and a important event.. as catching pokemon should be. great idea gamefreak. ilu

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This thing better have some some Iron Fist-like ability for slashing/claw moves, seriously it just seems like something that would enjoy ripping things to shreds.
Hmm, I like that idea. Sandslash needs that, too.

I'm sure they'll probably both get the new Claw Sharpen move, for what that's worth.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
This thing better have some some Iron Fist-like ability for slashing/claw moves, seriously it just seems like something that would enjoy ripping things to shreds.
10 bucks says it gets Battle Armor.

...but yeah, it really looks like a grizzly fate awaits any Pokemon who wanders close to that guy. A claw/slash-boosting Ability would be perfect for it, as well as a number of other Pokemon *coughZANGOOSEcough*

Lol. Someone working from Nintendo just so happens to share unreleased information to a nobody managing some Pokemon fan site. Yup, never heard of that before. lol.

Besides the rumor of Heracross possibly evolving, everything else sounds like BS. I really wanted Heracross and Pinsir to evolve ever since Scyther got an evolution...

Heracross evolution can be Bug/Fighting and Pinsir can be...Bug/Steel? The pinchers on its head looks like it could become steel.

Heracross evolution can be Bug/Fighting and Pinsir can be...Bug/Steel? The pinchers on its head looks like it could become steel.
I personally think that if Pinsir were to evolve it would become Bug/Ground. Makes sense because its supposed to be a beetle, and it would be nice to get STAB on Earthquake which would be easier to spam due to having Mold Breaker.

Lol. Someone working from Nintendo just so happens to share unreleased information to a nobody managing some Pokemon fan site. Yup, never heard of that before. lol.

Besides the rumor of Heracross possibly evolving, everything else sounds like BS. I really wanted Heracross and Pinsir to evolve ever since Scyther got an evolution...

Don't look now, but apparently, if 2ch is to be believed, Memera, the Fire Sheep, is supposed to be revealed in Coro Coro this month. A lot of work to go through with rumors, honestly.

I think a fire sheep would be really cool, design wise. it's wool being made of swirling fire, hopefully evolving into a fire ram.

seriously, we need a ram Pokemon.

as for this rumoured Heracross evolution. since it's apparently based off Atlus (or at least the name is), maybe... Dung Beetle? holding up it's dung ball like Atlus?

There will be a riot if Pinsir doesn't get an evolution and Heracross does. Seriously, Heracross and Scizor both have the perfect stat distribution for their typing (and their typings are amazing, btw). Bug/Ground Pinsir and we have three bugs that neutralize their Stealth Rock weakness and have great typing/same BST. Also, people who love Pinsir envy Heracross, simply because of that additional typing. I'd hope they would give older Pokemon evolutions before newer (even if it's only a generation).
I completely agree. Pinsir really needs it more then Heracross, and frankly I don't know why they haven't given him one yet. it's one of the only gen 1 Pokemon left that doesn't have an evolutionary relative, and if these rumours are true and they give Heracross one, I'll be quite confused and dissapointed.

There will be a riot if Pinsir doesn't get an evolution and Heracross does. Seriously, Heracross and Scizor both have the perfect stat distribution for their typing (and their typings are amazing, btw). Bug/Ground Pinsir and we have three bugs that neutralize their Stealth Rock weakness and have great typing/same BST. Also, people who love Pinsir envy Heracross, simply because of that additional typing. I'd hope they would give older Pokemon evolutions before newer (even if it's only a generation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)