Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the fire sheep turns out to be true, its English name better be Baaburn, or I'm going to knock some heads. It's one of so few puns that doesn't get lost in translation. That and Electula.

I hope to god Heracross doesn't get a crappy evolution. If it does evolve, what would it get?
Another horn?
Longer legs?
The ability to fly using its bug-wings?
More HP?

The only way I'd like it is if it looked almost exactly like Heracross but was faster and had higher attack.
And maybe a unique move. Sure Megahorn i great, but the second Seaking got it I lost interest.

lets think for a second, what exactly heracross is?

fat
small
little legs
horny(bad pun)

we just gotta fix all of that. i am sure gamefreak can just use the old scyther/scizor logic and change type+stats but not add a shit.

I'm going to laugh so hard if コロモリ ends up being related to anything on the current Pokédex.

On another topic, I hope we get an item/ability/move/whatever that allows you to switch without "losing" your turn. I can only imagine what would happen, seeing how Wobbuffet turned out after being "slightly" improved with its Ability.
Some attack called "Tag-Attack" that's like assist and switchs into the other pokemon. The price: drop in Def and Sp. Def by one stage on the Pokemon switched in.

Sounds good.

Some attack called "Tag-Attack" that's like assist and switchs into the other pokemon. The price: drop in Def and Sp. Def by one stage on the Pokemon switched in.

Sounds good.
The problem with this is that there's really no point in the turn I can think of this attack could take place and make sense as an attack...

EDIT: I don't see how Heracross being horny is a problem... :naughty: If he wasn't, he couldn't use Megahorn, after all.

I just like how Pinsir is just getting screwed in all this assuming the rumor is true. Poor, poor Pinsir, with your awesome ability but Heracross overshadowed-ness.

No, you can actually see Suicune's face looks different from its HGSS sprite. And even then, that old battle footage had Entei with its DPPt sprite; were they to reuse 4th gen sprites, both Entei and Suicune would have DPPt or HGSS sprites, but not one with DPPt and the other with HGSS.
Sure they could. They might have looked at Entei's DPt sprite and thought it would make for a better animated base then the HGSS sprite.

The problem with this is that there's really no point in the turn I can think of this attack could take place and make sense as an attack...

EDIT: I don't see how Heracross being horny is a problem... :naughty: If he wasn't, he couldn't use Megahorn, after all.

I just like how Pinsir is just getting screwed in all this assuming the rumor is true. Poor, poor Pinsir, with your awesome ability but Heracross overshadowed-ness.
Agreed. I feel bad for it and Jynx in particular; they were kind of in the same group as other pokes but they all got evos :(

Guys, they can't possibly use the entirety of the DPPt/HGSS sprites because they don't have the fluid motion. They're going to have to re-make all of the sprites because they're doing something completely different for sprites and they've never done anything like it. Also, unless every single frame is different from the HGSS sprites, they could still use one of them for one of the frames of the new sprites.

The sprites are definitely new. Serebii updated with a picture of Entei vs. Zoroark disguised as Suicune. Entei's hair is different than the hair of the HGSS sprite's, as it is missing a strand toward the back of its head (not to mention it is missing the crown piece on the left out of his hair). Suicune's front sprite is facing the right way (the left of the screen), which is different from HGSS as well. Besides that, DDRMaster is absolutely correct. They have to draw and render new sprites anyways, pretty obvious choice to redo them.

If you're referring to koromori, then you're probably wrong. Looking at it's colours (photo from serebii) it appears unrelated to koffing.

photo:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

even though colours aren't a definitive way of determining type, it doesn't seem very poison-looking. In my opinion dark/flying, or maybe even normal/flying.
It doesn't have to stay poison when it evolved. It could be a dark flying koffing evolve.

It doesn't have to stay poison when it evolved. It could be a dark flying koffing evolve.
true, but that would also mean changing both types through evolution (well, changing one an gaining another) and I don't think that its very likely.
besides, other than it being a ball-shape, there isn't much relation. evolutions usually follow some line of logic, but a ball of gas turning into a small bat (possibly based on the horseshoe bat?) seems too weird, even for GF.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
If you're referring to koromori, then you're probably wrong. Looking at it's colours (photo from serebii) it appears unrelated to koffing.

photo:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

even though colours aren't a definitive way of determining type, it doesn't seem very poison-looking. In my opinion dark/flying, or maybe even normal/flying.
Dark/Flying is my bet, the color scheme from the new screenshot is pretty definitive. Doesn't seem Poison-type at all, and certainly no relation to Koffing... where in the world did that idea come from!? It's a fuzzy bat... not a poison gas balloon.
Heracross evo sounds AWESOME. It's so underused right now :(

And the fire sheep sounds awesome as well :D
Disagree with the Heracross evo... it really doesn't need one. And Heracross being underused currently doesn't make any difference when considering it's potential for an evo. Pinsir is the guy who needs the evo: Bug/Ground all the way! Pinsir would finally emerge from Hera's shadow.

But I agree with you about the fire sheep, sounds like a great idea for a Pokemon. The only other typing (other than pure Fire) that could fit with a "smoke cloud" body would be Fire/Poison (hopefully with Levitate).

EDIT: @taicho: ...I think I've already seen that static-electricity sheep idea somewhere before... hmm, where was that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)