Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen.

So I'm confused...does the Psychic type and Magic Guard ability belong to green blob or goth?
I'm pretty sure the only thing mixed up were the names. So Gochiruzeru (gothloli) is Psychic, but Magic Guard was mistranslated. It has a move called Magic Room.

And Darn it normal flying :U
Hopefully it evolves into something else though
FUCK!

Oh well, I had a hunch it would be red white and blue for obvious reasons. At least is looks awesome enough to potentially be on my team when this game comes out 8D! Lets all pray for good stats etc still.

Before I go to bed...

Someone who can read Japanese, can you tell what the moves are in that one screenshot with what looks like 2 grass moves, 1 psychic move, and 1 normal move? The grass ones are Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm, and the normal move is probably unimportant, but what I'm most interested in is the Psychic attack... and it being something that might imply Tsutarja might become part Psychic... its Pokedex entry implies that enough... :(

I'm pretty sure the only thing mixed up were the names. So Gochiruzeru (gothloli) is Psychic, but Magic Guard was mistranslated. It has a move called Magic Room.
Actually, they're saying it has Magic Guard AND learns the move Magic Room.

In today's metagame, I can't think of much use for Magic Room.
It basically acts like a temporary knockoff and she can't use her item either.
I can imagine a few situational uses and nothing more.
Still, there might be new items that make sense to shut off temporarily.

maybe its just agility? omg sceptile learn a psychic type move, he should be a psychic type.
I chose my wording carefully--

"might be a move that implies Tsutarja might become part Psychic"

Agility wouldn't be one of those moves. Something like Psybeam or some shit would though.

EDIT: And for the record, it's not Agility.

I chose my wording carefully--

"might be a move that implies Tsutarja might become part Psychic"

Agility wouldn't be one of those moves. Something like Psybeam or some shit would though.

EDIT: And for the record, it's not Agility.
Could you post the screenshot you're referring to? I can't seem to find it on serebii

hey i was just joking. dont take me the wrong way.

shit like surskit learn psybeam but besides that it got nothing to do with a psychic type, its probably just a random psychic type move it learn for no good reason.

Ok. The thing that's confusing me is that both Serebii and Pokebeach says 'Rankurusu' is the Psychic type with Magic Guard. How did they get that wrong?

edit: Wait a min...Is it green blob (Rankurusu) that is Psychic type with Magic Guard, while the goth (Gochiruzeru) is the one with the move Magic Room? Or is it that all these traits belong to Gochiruzeru?

wow that is a really bad quality scan ><

You're right about leaf blade on the top left and leaf storm on the bottom right. Bottom left is Wring Out. Top right says doku something. It's too blurry for me to make out. Doku is poison in Japanese, so it's not a psychic move. Just a generic grass movepool. Sorry =/

Wellllllllllllllllllllll uhmmm.......
Indeed it may indicate that he may be part pyschic later on...I guess if he has decent stats I guess it's fine , altho the psychic type wasn't all THAT good in offense[I AM NOT SAYING ITS BAD K?]Ofc. this isnt 100% sure yet but I would really prefer Grass/Electric

Another thing is...whats up with all this recent pokemon like 60% of them are psychic type....if the theme was industry/nature I don't see where does Psychic fit there o_____o.

Actually, they're saying it has Magic Guard AND learns the move Magic Room.

In today's metagame, I can't think of much use for Magic Room.
It basically acts like a temporary knockoff and she can't use her item either.
I can imagine a few situational uses and nothing more.
Still, there might be new items that make sense to shut off temporarily.
God only knows if she can pull it off, but there ARE some uses for Magic Room:

• Taking the bite out of band/specs/scarf Pokemon
  • Neutering LO sweepers, and preventing a sweep
  • Getting rid of resist berries, to deter that Rindo 'Pert from sticking around
  • Taking away Leftovers recovery
  • Reminding Skarmory and Forretress to fear Magnet Pull
  • A way to stop Focus Sashes, outside of SR
  • And reducing the effectiveness of dual-screeners/weather inducers

'Hopefully' it will be more like Trick Room, and last 5 turns, and not just end when the Pokemon switch out, a la illustrious moves like Worry Seed and Embargo. And you're gonna have to surround her with Pokemon who can operate just fine without their items.

wow that is a really bad quality scan ><

You're right about leaf blade on the top left and leaf storm on the bottom right. Bottom left is Wring Out. Top right says doku something. It's too blurry for me to make out. Doku is poison in Japanese, so it's not a psychic move. Just a generic grass movepool. Sorry =/
Confirming that is actually good-- didn't need to say sorry. I actually thought it looks pretty readable, at least enough to get a general idea of what attack it was, which you did.

Don't see how having a Poison-type move is "generic grass movepool" though. Like, Poison Powder or something? Geez man, Poison-type would be an even worse secondary than Psychic, but you're probably right, just some generic move I'm not thinking about right now.

I don't actually know Japanese, but just by referencing an alternate language movelist on Bulbapedia, the normal move is most likely Wring Out and the psychic? move is something new.

Also, Magic Guard wasn't mistranslated. Gochiruzeru has Magic Guard as an ability and Magic Room as a move.

I don't actually know Japanese, but just by referencing an alternate language movelist on Bulbapedia, the normal move is most likely Wring Out and the psychic? move is something new.

Also, Magic Guard wasn't mistranslated. Gochiruzeru has Magic Guard as an ability and Magic Room as a move.
Apparently not Psychic-type, it's Poison-type, was just me jumping to conclusions.

Also, I'd just like to add that the poison move is new. I looked through serebii's list of poison moves with 20 or 25 PP (I can't even make out if it's 20 or 25 ><) but none of them matched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)