Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually fail to see the use for this guy at all. If you have Pokerus and a Power Item, you only have to fight 25 Starly with the Power Item and 1 without it to get up to 252. You can get that done in 20 minutes where you might have to exchange something like BP or something ridiculous like Tiny Mushrooms to get them, which will take a lot longer to get enough of them and even if you have BP left over, it will be better used for things like Earthquake TMs.
quoted for truth.

but you are talking about the usual spread aka 252/252/6 which since is so overused we are okay doing that,on the other hand some unorthodox spread are somehow boring to do, so to make things different (or more usefull) maybe we can set up the amount of EV points that we want, while at the same time it surpasses the max 100 of vitamins ... max 200 points, them the rest is up to you maybe?

has anyone noticed that the new games (since rse) sort of reflect a issue of the world?

if im remebering correctly when rse came out wasnt global warming the big thing for the govts to argue about? now we had the oil spill wich is sort of nature vs technology IMO and look what 5th gens theme is -_- maybe im wrong
Nah, Black & White have probably been in development since 2008. It's a slight coincidence if anything.

And was this EV guy even confirmed? Last I checked it was just a rumour.

Yeah I think people are going to avoid this thread more capefeather after seeing their post counts probably disappear entirely.

There isn't too much to talk about, however. We don't know what the abilities for the legends are, right? I wouldn't mind a Sun abuser, myself; it just wouldn't fit with Zekrom being Electric typed.

Yeah I think people are going to avoid this thread more capefeather after seeing their post counts probably disappear entirely.

There isn't too much to talk about, however. We don't know what the abilities for the legends are, right? I wouldn't mind a Sun abuser, myself; it just wouldn't fit with Zekrom being Electric typed.
Reshiram - TurboBlaze

Zekrom - TerraVoltage

The rumour is that their abilities raise an offensive stat when a fire/electric move is used respectively. And I think that capefeather was referring to Reshiram (Dragon/Fire)

The next thing GF needs to do is eliminate the PC entirely: make all of your Pokemon accessible from any in-game location - maybe your character could have a watch that uses Wifi to connect to the PC system from any location, something like that.
Hopefully, scans will confirm this.

Also, we need many more PC boxes this generation - I'm nearly full in HG. I'm hoping we get at least 24, it'd follow the existing pattern: 12 -> 18 -> 24.
I was expecting around 24 as well.

Anyone else think Gochiruzeru has potential to be a decent lead (or its evolved form, should it get one)? It's possible that it could be the first good pokemon with Frisk, and a good scouting lead. Even if it doesn't end up being viable in the standard metagame, Frisk + Magic Room looks like it can mess up a lot of leads (if its fast enough, anyway).
And, lol, Rankurusu is going to be on every sandstorm team if it becomes high UU/OU material. But since Dust Shield or whatever protects it from residual damage caused by ALL weather, maybe its a sign that we can hope for more pokes that can work in hail in gen 5, as well as a few new upgrades for hail. In singles, hail seems kind of underpowered compared to other weather effects...

EDIT: just silly optimism. ignore it...

Anyone else think Gochiruzeru has potential to be a decent lead (or its evolved form, should it get one)? It's possible that it could be the first good pokemon with Frisk, and a good scouting lead. Even if it doesn't end up being viable in the standard metagame, Frisk + Magic Room looks like it can mess up a lot of leads (if its fast enough, anyway).
And, lol, Rankurusu is going to be on every sandstorm team if it becomes high UU/OU material. But since Dust Shield or whatever protects it from residual damage caused by ALL weather, maybe its a sign that we can hope for more pokes that can work in hail in gen 5, as well as a few new upgrades for hail. In singles, hail seems kind of underpowered compared to other weather effects...

EDIT: just silly optimism. ignore it...
That's a cool idea, I actually want Rankurusu in my Rain/Hail team. It's looking like a pretty good pokemon with what we know ^_^

Nah, Black & White have probably been in development since 2008. It's a slight coincidence if anything.
While this may be true for the "oil spill" argument, there certainly is no coincidence in the pattern. Every pokemon game focuses on some big issue of the time it was released.

RBY: cloning
GSC: digital world
(This is the most subtle, I must admit. But remember how this is the only Gen that has you actually using a mobile phone or a train or radio? And that's when you mostly wander around towns with old buildings or even ruins? GSC is all about th "Modern world" vs. tradition theme.)
RSE: global warming / climate changes
DPPt: energy crisis

Thus, we can really expect BW to feature a quite recent issue. (Notice how the issues presented in some gens are even a bit ahead of their time?)

Here's a question... Can we expect the IR to be a Nintendo 3DS feature? Infrared is line-of-sight, and there are no hardware capabilities in the DS, DS-light, DSi, or DSi XL for it, so if it was supported, it would have to be on the DS cartridge. I'm pretty sure that would make it all but impossible for you to have 4-on-4 IR battles without EXTREMELY bad connections, if at all.

The Pokewalker uses an infared conection directly to the cartridge and it usually works pretty well. I think you might have to have the DSs set on a table with the cartridges facing each other but it should work just fine.

"lolno" did you try that on HGSS? if not i did, and doing that lock all the daily events for 24 hs so no, >.>
Wrong. Set your clock to 11:59 PM and wait that extra minute for the day to turn over, then set the time to whatever you need to on that day and its events are unlocked. Not hard at all.

Wrong. Set your clock to 11:59 PM and wait that extra minute for the day to turn over, then set the time to whatever you need to on that day and its events are unlocked. Not hard at all.
Yes but still , thats for the event of the day , you can't do events that are not on your day with this trick.

Well, it would make stirdy a useful ability at least.
This. Plus, I doubt Gamefreak is gonna give us so many clauses we are accustomed to, so getting used to the idea will only help me. If the IV situation is sorted out somehow, I don't plan on using battle simulators for Gen V.

While this may be true for the "oil spill" argument, there certainly is no coincidence in the pattern. Every pokemon game focuses on some big issue of the time it was released.

RBY: cloning
GSC: digital world
(This is the most subtle, I must admit. But remember how this is the only Gen that has you actually using a mobile phone or a train or radio? And that's when you mostly wander around towns with old buildings or even ruins? GSC is all about th "Modern world" vs. tradition theme.)
RSE: global warming / climate changes
DPPt: energy crisis

Thus, we can really expect BW to feature a quite recent issue. (Notice how the issues presented in some gens are even a bit ahead of their time?)
Pokemon Black and White will focus on the global economic depression. Now when you win trainer battles, you will no longer receive money. If you want to collect money, you have to go to the unemployment center. Because of the economic downturn, Pokemarts and Pokecenters across the land are shutting down because of tax cuts. There will be fewer trainers because no one can afford Pokeballs anymore. Even the Elite Four will be forced to use Super Potions in-battle rather than the expensive Full Restores!

Pokemon Black and White will focus on the global economic depression. Now when you win trainer battles, you will no longer receive money. If you want to collect money, you have to go to the unemployment center. Because of the economic downturn, Pokemarts and Pokecenters across the land are shutting down because of tax cuts. There will be fewer trainers because no one can afford Pokeballs anymore. Even the Elite Four will be forced to use Super Potions in-battle rather than the expensive Full Restores!
I loled, but if you think what weve got so far, it could actually be about what society should strive after: progress (black) or harmony (white). Economy or ecology, you know? xD

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The Pokewalker uses an infared conection directly to the cartridge and it usually works pretty well. I think you might have to have the DSs set on a table with the cartridges facing each other but it should work just fine.
Actually, HGSS uses wireless to communicate with the Pokéwalker. Infrared is used by Pokéwalker only to communicate with another one (just like oldschool Mystery Gift; they even made it so the Pokéwalkers also exchange trainer info, so you can battle a friend at the Trainer Tower...).

Sandstreamer's signature said:
"Nil Nisi Pokemon" (For people who actually know Latin)
I've done a five-second Google search and nil sine is actually correct as "Nothing without Pokémon", while nil nisi would be more like "nothing unless". That's what Wikipedia says too.

But of course, I know naught. So please, any Latin-speaking members, elucidate me on this highly off-topic matter, I'm curious.

Actually, HGSS uses wireless to communicate with the Pokéwalker. Infrared is used by Pokéwalker only to communicate with another one (just like oldschool Mystery Gift; they even made it so the Pokéwalkers also exchange trainer info, so you can battle a friend at the Trainer Tower...).
Are you kidding me? Why does my connection break everytime the two don't directly face each other, then?

EDIT: To off-topic comment on the post above:
Yeah, this is the actual translation. The point is, that in Latin it is far more common to use "nisi" after "nil" (or "nihil", which means the same). If you look at Wikipedia, none of "nil/nihil sine..." phrases are actually from the times of the Roman empire (while this is, for example). Thus, it is a kind of Latin that is already influenced by more modern languages.
It is hard to explain because in Latin, negations worked a bit differently than they do now and "sine" as a preposition was strictly subordinating (which you do not feel as strong today). "Nil sine pokemon" implies that "pokemon" is a standard characteristic of "nothing", which THIS "nothing" lacks. As you see, that doesn't make much sense. Since Latin does not have a strict word order, you could also interpret this phrase as "Things without Pokemon: Nothing", which makes more sense but it still sounds like you find that "nothing" on this site, because as I said "sine" is always sub-ordinating. "Nisi" on the contrary puts together equal parts. The meaning would be like "nothing, exception: pokemon" or simply "only pokemon". It's the usual translation for "Nothing without Pokemon".

breh

強いだね

I'm actually quite positive that (like sandstreamer says) they communicate by infared... notice the different coloration of the cratridge, btw

It also has to be on a flat surface, facing directly towards each other, and about 2" apart. I challenge you to find a configuration of 4 DSes that will fulfill those conditionals... Though I can see it working well with the box trading.

Which is why section 5 of the Pokewalker manual is entitled "Infrared Communication with the Nintendo DS". I didn't know that.

I just realized something. The EV guy in BW, assuming the rumor is true, could actually be useful if he can raise the EVs of a Pokemon beyond 100. It would allow you to give more than 100 EVs to a Lv. 100 Pokemon, aka that one event Arceus that was given out a while ago. Of course, if they don't release the Azure Flute event soon a lot of people are going to be angry, anyway.

It would be weird for them to not give out the Azure Flute. They gave out the Membership Card, Oak's Letter, the Rotom Key, 2 Pokewalker courses, the Enigma Stone will be released soon and they've done like 4 wi-fi Pokemon give aways.

You don't just arbitrarily leave out a big event like that, you know?

It would be weird for them to not give out the Azure Flute. They gave out the Membership Card, Oak's Letter, the Rotom Key, 2 Pokewalker courses, the Enigma Stone will be released soon and they've done like 4 wi-fi Pokemon give aways.

You don't just arbitrarily leave out a big event like that, you know?
Well they've left it out for this long and the last two events have been for the anime. IMO, we should just allow Arceus on Shoddy and call it a day, since we already allow Rotom-A and you can't get it on Wi-Fi without cheats.

This. Plus, I doubt Gamefreak is gonna give us so many clauses we are accustomed to, so getting used to the idea will only help me. If the IV situation is sorted out somehow, I don't plan on using battle simulators for Gen V.
I only tried the battle sims because DP had NO random battle feature at all.
I haven't used them in months and I won't be using them once GF has an official random battle for which they're even throwing in rankings.

It's annoying to be OHKOed but most of the time the moves will miss and are a few good Pokemon (2 hazard spammers) that get Sturdy and no other great ability.
Double Team, on the other hand, can be horrible without Machamp, a phazer with a good type matchup, early luck or a quick Taunt/Trick.
Hopefully we'll have access to some more DT counter-measures in Gen V because everything learns it.
[Maybe that's why they nerfed Regigigas so (not even Protect) because it actually can try to abuse DT.]

I only tried the battle sims because DP had NO random battle feature at all.
I haven't used them in months and I won't be using them once GF has an official random battle for which they're even throwing in rankings.
Interesting. I never planned to use anything BUT a battle simulator. For the past 5 years. xD

[On an OFF-TOPIC matter:
1. I've edited my post above to react to the discussion about Latin.
2. NOW I realized some example for the difference between "nil sine" and "nil nisi". You can kinda think of it like the difference between "nothing without" and "nothing but". But as I menationed above, "without" in today's English is more versatile than "sine" was in (classic) Latin.]

Also, I don't think we're seeing any more things weakening Double Team. DT was a valid and strong strategy in early GS (before DT clause was common). GF already nerfed it in RS, introducing Keen Eye and stuff like that (amongst others on Skarmory, THE pokemon of GSC) as well as Shock Wave, Aerial Ace, etc. After that, we even got Trick in OU and Machamp. But yeah, well, perhaps they gonna weaken it a bit again.

I think the reason GF nerfed Regigigas so much was mainly because they didn't realize how much normal typing sucks. Consider this: If Regigigas was Steel, it could easily be viable in OU with 110/110/110 defenses and some common (incl. dragon) resistence. But with normal typing, it has no good switch-ins and can be poisoned. Under this conditions, having no reliable recovery hurts much. I still hope, they give it at least Rest.
Additionally, I think most people expect the wrong thing from Regigigas: It's not a sweeper that needs a lot of support. Regigigas is a wall that cannot be outstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)