Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
now now...we don't know anything about stats or movepool for resh and zek...don't jump to any conclusions yet about physical versus special. that's just silly.

Well, like I said before, if you think about it, Zekrom and Reshiram were MADE for Kyogre and Groudon. Zekrom is a really good pokemon in rain, and breaks special walls, such as Blissey, that Kyogre can't do much too. In the same way, Reshiram breaks physical walls that Groudon can't handle, such as Curse Umbreon. Neat, heh? But what about Rayquaza..
That's certainly possible, but why would they point it out? And like you said, Rayquaza wouldn't make any sense there.

The people of gamefaqs say that they aren't connected at all. They're just using the 3 weather legends as examples of what an actual legend is.

Oh well

now now...we don't know anything about stats or movepool for resh and zek...don't jump to any conclusions yet about physical versus special. that's just silly.
I'm not jumping to conclusions, I'm saying that if the rumors are right, then it would be that way.. and it's silly to throw out a possibility of what might happen?
@ Chateau- What about a both special and defensive wall? I'm not sure...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That Famitsu page is from last MONTH (lol) and it just babbles about the Hoenn trio. Nothing to see, people, move on.

Evil-looking insect? Camel spider ftw. Not really an insect but hey.

Edit: Oh great. All my posts are gone. Thanks.
Postcounts are useless.

I know but they are introducing 201 pokemon in Gen 5
No one has said that, not even the rumors.

I guess Pokejungle figured out the secret to success: post translated 2ch rumors.

I'm honestly growing tired of all these rumors (mainly because of people claiming they're confirmed when they're not)... but eh, at least they're interesting...
Meh, a lot of people like rumors, no one used to post them, Pokéjungle has just restarted posting on his site... he just went with the flow, I guess.

I want Battle Frontier to be in Black and white. I dont want to wait for the 3rd one if there will be one. If they do put a Battle Fronteir I want them to put a LC one. They should've done it ages ago.

I want Battle Frontier to be in Black and white. I dont want to wait for the 3rd one if there will be one. If they do put a Battle Fronteir I want them to put a LC one. They should've done it ages ago.
They had better separate them by cups this time: Little (up to L5, allows only basics), Poke (up to L50, allows anyone except ubers; Garchomp, Salamence, and both Lati's are allowed, although no Soul Dew on Lati, but Celebi, Jirachi, and Shaymin are not), Prime (up to L100, allows anyone including ubers, even Arceus).

As for facilities, Tower and Factory will be staples in this frontier. Probably a facility that resembles the Pyramid in Emerald, the Arcade in Gen 4, even the Dome in Emerald (the one with the tournament).

This will be my post 446, by the way. I didn't lose many posts when Mk 1 got deleted.

Mwahahah, I lost all of my posts in Mark One!

Anyway, what about the EV rumors? Something about someone in Black City or something being able to set a Pokemon's EVs? This would make competitive playing much easier on the game itself, I assume. (EV training is annoying and time-wasty in my opinion.)

@Pika25: Yeah, that would be really fun. If they did that, then the Battle Frontier would be more like a mini Pokemon Stadium, and doing that would save GF the trouble of making a crappy 3D cash-in (Battle Revolution, anyone?). It would be cool to see new facilities, though, and one for LC sounds like a logical start. A battle tower where you're only allowed to mono-team would be b*tchin'. It's a new way to play with some potential for cool strategies. I call Skuntank for my poison monoteam! >w<
Btw, all facilities should have Wi-Fi this time instead of just the battle tower. That would be nice...

Gamefreak doesn't make the 3D games. It's genius sorority.

And, surprise, they would still make it. Battle Frontier didn't invalidate Colo, XD, or PBR.

And cash-ins are called that for a reason. Why do you think they release at least 2 versions of a game every time? They use the 3D games for their tournaments, or at least the finals, anyway; they even had a special tournament edition of PBR.

I want to see these guys in 3D, personally.

The signature attacks for Reshiram & Zekrom are also confirmed. Reshiram's signature attack is called "Gouka" its power is 100 and accuracy is at 80, it is a special move. Zekrom's signature is called "Zuzarai" its power and accuaracy are the same and is a physichal move."
CALLED IT IN THE LAST THREAD. Just wanted the world to know :naughty:

From Pokebeach:

With the DS's infrared signal, you can have speedy battles with up to four players and speedy trades directly from your party or PC box. You can also automatically exchange friend codes over infrared now.
---

We can finally trade directly from our PC. The info is from CoroCoro.

Mwahahah, I lost all of my posts in Mark One!

Anyway, what about the EV rumors? Something about someone in Black City or something being able to set a Pokemon's EVs? This would make competitive playing much easier on the game itself, I assume. (EV training is annoying and time-wasty in my opinion.)
if, along side raising EV's, he would let you see what they are and reset them to a blank slate, it would be much better if you ask me.

also, I find it odd that the rumour says one version will have something as "advanced" as buying EV's, while the other has nothing but raising happiness. Happiness already has places that raise it in almost every game, so why bother making it exclusive to White Forest? seems really counter productive, if you ask me. unless they have both in both versions, but in different places, it seems... unbalanced. like one version will always be seen as superior to the other because of features other than exclusive Pokemon.

I probably wouldn't use either service, but still. since these are rumours, chances are we won't even have to worry about this problem.

I think buying EVs would be...awesome and convenient. But only if it was in both games, since that would be very unfair to Pokemon White buyers(I'm getting Black, but still)

Edit: haha, I've lost like 100 posts with the deletion of the last Black and White thread

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Postcounts are useless.
Says the guy with 4,165 MEAN LOOK posts.

Postcounts validate your very existence in the online community.

From Pokebeach:

With the DS's infrared signal, you can have speedy battles with up to four players and speedy trades directly from your party or PC box. You can also automatically exchange friend codes over infrared now.
---

We can finally trade directly from our PC. The info is from CoroCoro.
Old news, but it's good to re-post it in this new thread. This is long overdue, the current systems of PC use and Trading are incredibly archaic...

The next thing GF needs to do is eliminate the PC entirely: make all of your Pokemon accessible from any in-game location - maybe your character could have a watch that uses Wifi to connect to the PC system from any location, something like that.

Also, we need many more PC boxes this generation - I'm nearly full in HG. I'm hoping we get at least 24, it'd follow the existing pattern: 12 -> 18 -> 24.

Huh the digimon is a physical electrical dragon...
Both Reshiram and Zekrom have a distinct and detailed appearance, but neither of them is a "digimon". But yes, according to rumor, Zekrom is Physically-based, while Reshiram is Special.

The 3rd game will most likely not be Grey, it's not like GF combined Red+Blue into Pokemon Purple. I'm sooooo sick of seeing that.
It's mentioned that

Some people theorize that shades of GREY will be a big theme, so...not that farfetched.

Shroomisaur

It's mentioned that

Some people theorize that shades of GREY will be a big theme, so...not that farfetched.
While I'm sure the "shades of GRAY" will be a big theme of these games... like I said in the previous thread, I sincerely doubt the 3rd game will be called "Gray".

I mean, come on. Try marketing that. It's the most dull name you could think of. I'm dozing off just thinking about it.

If GF does decide to take this theme, they will name it "Slate Version", or "Shadow Version", something like that - something that relates to Gray, but isn't "Gray"!

EDIT: And why has English never reached a convention for whether "gray" is spelled with an "e" or an "a"!? This language makes no sense at all. According to Wikipedia:
"Both Grey and Gray are found in proper names everywhere in the English-speaking world. Americans tend to use "gray" in reference to the color and "grey" as the adjective"[citation needed, lol] So I guess I'm right, and "Gray" is correct for this use (a reference to the color)? *sigh*

I think buying EVs would be...awesome and convenient. But only if it was in both games, since that would be very unfair to Pokemon White buyers(I'm getting Black, but still)

Edit: haha, I've lost like 100 posts with the deletion of the last Black and White thread
i lost like 500 posts. how about that cutie?

buy evs would make the process of ev training so easy. i would love and i kinda wish it could come out for both versions but if its only for white then fine for me. im getting white anyway.

Shroomisaur

i lost like 500 posts. how about that cutie?

buy evs would make the process of ev training so easy. i would love and i kinda wish it could come out for both versions but if its only for white then fine for me. im getting white anyway.
Actually, it's in Black version where you supposedly pay for EV training.

...what do we get in White? ...pay berries for a happiness-booster. -_-'

btw Luke, I thought you had well over 1,500 posts before the last thread got killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)