Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

This whole stats thing is confusing me, im not new to pokemon. Im quite new to this Abusing... So any and all help is much appreciated..
So tell me Bakus what do you need to know?
And i shall give it another shot

If you're using an AR to do the abuse, then you should watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/user/00greenbean00#p/c/EC0821234459F64B

In any case, make sure you get the right time entered and the IVs/natures right on the pokemon you capture. Though if you messed up here, you most likely will not get a result.

On RNG reporter, make sure you click DPPT egg IVs - oh, and if the parent is international, lol. I made that mistake first time.

And as awesomepossum suggested, the pokewatch thing should not be on happiness taps. I personally have it on screen 5, which is the screen with your party pokemon. When you pick your desired PID, I recommend you pick one with both a happiness tap and a coinflip tap.

Pokemon ID. You should watch that video, even if you're not using an AR, it would help to grasp the concept of doing it :)

I've a question about the Swarm Pokémon in HG.

My Swarm is Luvdisc.
My Seed I want to hit is: 91060267
My Frame I want to hit could be: 767, 769 and 783.

Luvdisc is encounter slot 0. Tentacool is encounter slot 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Frame 767 has a water encounter slot of 1. 769 and 783 both has water encounter slot of 0. I can't find a Luvdisc on 767. But is there 100% that I can find a Luvdisc on the frames 769 and 783? Or is there also a chance that I could still find a Tentacool on those frames?

I've a question about the Swarm Pokémon in HG.

My Swarm is Luvdisc.
My Seed I want to hit is: 91060267
My Frame I want to hit could be: 767, 769 and 783.

Luvdisc is encounter slot 0. Tentacool is encounter slot 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Frame 767 has a water encounter slot of 1. 769 and 783 both has water encounter slot of 0. I can't find a Luvdisc on 767. But is there 100% that I can find a Luvdisc on the frames 769 and 783? Or is there also a chance that I could still find a Tentacool on those frames?
swarms take priority over normal encounter slots. if it has 0 and luvdisc is the swarm then luvdisc will appear.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can someone please provide an alternate link for Wichu's program? I'm getting "An unexpected error (-1) occurred".
Does the error occur when you download or when you try the program? Because if it's when you try to run the program, no "alternate link" is going to help.

Bakus, could explain why he uses a countdown timer? im not doing this, could that be whats wrong?
Uh, yeah, that's definitely part of what's wrong. Getting precise timing is everything when RNGing, down to the millisecond.

My question. I am also doing this on a mac, and when i get the initial seed and click ok, nothing happens. I have to manually enter the seed. I am still stuck on trying to hatch a shiny (it isnt working). When you catch a pokemon to verify the initial seed, does the starting frame change as well?
Actually, now that I've figured out my previous issue (LOL), I'm having this problem as well. No matter what initial seed I get, it always generates the same spreads. Oddly, last time I tried to hatch a shiny, it gave me the same spreads that it gave me the previous time(which didn't work, but I was tired and I could have just miscounted taps), but the pokemon hatched did come out with the right gender/nature but it wasn't shiny. Seeing this, it seems like I could have just entered my SID incorrectly (I checked it, and I'm pretty sure it was correct). It's just weird that I'm getting the EXACT same spreads every time, yet it kind of seemed to work the SECOND time... Or maybe it was just a coincidence that I got the right nature/gender.. But what are the odds of hatching a 12.5% female that's modest on the first try, and it just happened to have been what I was shooting for?

In conclusion: I'm trying to hatch a shiny, and the RNG Reporter is not updating the results. It gives me an initial seed, and I click on it and hit ok, but it doesn't generate new spreads based on it.
...Am I not highlighting/selecting the initial seed correctly, maybe? (I'm using the mac version, btw)

@Skymin_Flower: How did you manually enter the initial seed, and have you had any luck with generating correct spreads with this method?

Hi, doing RNGing in a cave and with a syncher, both the first time :embarass: What's different about doing it in a cave rather than grass? Also, does having a syncher first mess up coin flips? Because I can't seem to hit my seed :/

where should i calibrate for rng in Heart gold i don't know where to catch a lvl 50 pokemon...
Try the mountainside at Mt. Silver (the area you get to if you enter the cave, head to the right, use Rock Climb, and exit). You can catch level 50+ Golbat, Ursaring/Donphan, and Golduck there. If you want to make them easier to find, put a level 50 Pokémon in the front of your party and use a repel. I'm pretty sure this is the only place outside of legendaries.

Hi, doing RNGing in a cave and with a syncher, both the first time :embarass: What's different about doing it in a cave rather than grass? Also, does having a syncher first mess up coin flips? Because I can't seem to hit my seed :/
Being in a cave and standing in tall grass doesn't differ, and having a syncher does nothing to your coin flips, you are just missing your seed. Good luck ;)

In Emerald, I'm trying to Sweet Scent for a Jigglypuff (Adamant, frame 1382), using an Adamant Synchronizer. I've only found Jigglypuff 5 times due to its 10% encounter rate, but this is the weird part: 2 of the times, I hit 1360 (Naughty), and the other 3 times I hit frame 1377 (Careful).
I have run into Adamant Taillows, Wingulls, and Swablus with the spread I am trying to hit.
Is there any reason why Jigglypuff wouldn't be able to show up on my frame, but only on the other ones I mentioned?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, encounter slots. Each frame is assigned an encounter slot which determines what Pokémon will show up on it.
there are no encounter slots for emerald which is evident by the fact that they got different Pokemon on the same frame, to the user with the problem you're just unlucky keep trying.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Actually, now that I've figured out my previous issue (LOL), I'm having this problem as well. No matter what initial seed I get, it always generates the same spreads. Oddly, last time I tried to hatch a shiny, it gave me the same spreads that it gave me the previous time(which didn't work, but I was tired and I could have just miscounted taps), but the pokemon hatched did come out with the right gender/nature but it wasn't shiny. Seeing this, it seems like I could have just entered my SID incorrectly (I checked it, and I'm pretty sure it was correct). It's just weird that I'm getting the EXACT same spreads every time, yet it kind of seemed to work the SECOND time... Or maybe it was just a coincidence that I got the right nature/gender.. But what are the odds of hatching a 12.5% female that's modest on the first try, and it just happened to have been what I was shooting for?

In conclusion: I'm trying to hatch a shiny, and the RNG Reporter is not updating the results. It gives me an initial seed, and I click on it and hit ok, but it doesn't generate new spreads based on it.
...Am I not highlighting/selecting the initial seed correctly, maybe? (I'm using the mac version, btw)

@Skymin_Flower: How did you manually enter the initial seed, and have you had any luck with generating correct spreads with this method?
No luck at all, I am not even getting the right natures -.- and I know that its not due to miscounted Happiness checker taps, I got a ridiculously low delay which only required me to tap it 63 times. I don't know what's going on.

I wrote down the initial seed, and then in the main menu screen, I typed the seed into the "initial seed" box. Then I clicked Generate and followed all instructions from there. No luck :(

can someone help me with hitting your target time:
i've re-read these steps over and over but i'm not understanding.
if anyone can please dumb this down and explain what's happening i would really
appreciate it.

"Below are steps to easily and consistently hit your target time."

1. Have access to an external clock with a seconds display.
  2. Prepare your Synchronize Time by taking your target time, removing the seconds, and subtracting one full minute. For example: 12:05:30 becomes 12:04:00.
  3. Prepare your Reset Time by taking your target time and subtracting the seconds value that was found during calibration. For example: (assuming a seconds value of 15) 12:05:30 becomes 12:05:15.
  4. Set the time on your DS to the synchronize time and hit the A button to save the changes when the external clock reaches a new minute. With this step, we are synchronizing the seconds of the DS with the external clock.
  5. Load the game and reset at your calculated reset time. This ensures that your soft reset will occur at the exact time that is necessary to "Continue" at your target time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)