Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...which is the reason why I always buy both games. (Well, it'll be 3 games in this case because I'll also be getting an extra White for my girlfriend)

There was some hint about limitations on the Pokemon you can transfer to BW, so its quite possible you won't be able to transfer the old TMs over. My big concern is the (highly unlikely) possibility that they'll prevent the trading of RNGed Pokemon somehow... or possibly recalculate IVs after the transfer making all of my hard work for naught.

*goes back to RNGing for a Jolly Wondercard Jirachi anyway*
The games have no way to distinguish a RNGed pokemon from a normally caught one - both are generated within the normal confines of the game, and I highly doubt that there has been or ever will be recalculation of IVs after transferring. The only similar thing to happen is the change in pokemon ability depending on its Class, and it has to evolve for the change to even take effect.

The games have no way to distinguish a RNGed pokemon from a normally caught one - both are generated within the normal confines of the game, and I highly doubt that there has been or ever will be recalculation of IVs after transferring. The only similar thing to happen is the change in pokemon ability depending on its Class, and it has to evolve for the change to even take effect.
I did say highly unlikely. :-P I do expect them to do something to prevent or deter RNG manipulation, though (at least in BW).

Outside of making seed generation more complicated there's nothing they can do to stop RNG abuse. There's absolutely no problem with it anyway... everything is completely within the confines of the game. As far as the game's concerned, you just happened to turn on your game when you did, happened to perform some certain actions and happened to catch the pokémon you wanted- there's nothing the game can do to stop it and certainly no need for the game to be able to.

Outside of making seed generation more complicated there's nothing they can do to stop RNG abuse. There's absolutely no problem with it anyway... everything is completely within the confines of the game. As far as the game's concerned, you just happened to turn on your game when you did, happened to perform some certain actions and happened to catch the pokémon you wanted- there's nothing the game can do to stop it and certainly no need for the game to be able to.
They could also add some mechanic which allows you to increase your Pokemon's IVs.

EDIT: They could also prevent the transfer of Hex flawless unbred Pokemon, since there are only a couple in existence that haven't been RNGed, if any.

EDIT: They could also prevent the transfer of Hex flawless unbred Pokemon, since there are only a couple in existence that haven't been RNGed, if any.
I'll lol so much when the ONE fucker who has seriously bred for this cannot transfer it. xD

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
I hope Black and White don't turn out like Diamond and Pearl. (Once the 3rd new game comes out, there will be a buncha new stuff and our games will be incompatible. For example, Formes in Platinum.)

I'm getting really excited about this game..

..Except Shimama's sprite still looks terrible. ;_; As do a lot of the new attack animations. Many things just look very sloppy for some reason, not sure why. Also, where is Giaru in all of these videos? They don't showcase it. :(

Damn, I just watched the B&W Demo leaked, and Miji's Shell Blade looked strong!
this is pages old, but I wanted to point out that Mijumaru was 10 levels higher then Pokabu, Shell blade is most likely a water type move, and it was raining. add in STAB plus a super effective hit, and that's an easy OHKO. Shell blade could easily be a mediocre move.

speaking of shell blade, the animation for it obviously includes Mijumaru's shell. this makes me think it's a signature move (in which case I hope it's not a mediocre move). it would be amazing if the starters got those again this gen.

Hey guys, does anyone think Delcatty could get an evolution? It is like, the most overlooked Pokemon of all time, and it has the stats of a NFE. It's got a cool ability and it needs some love.. though, they haven't evolved any other of the cats. :(

speaking of shell blade, the animation for it obviously includes Mijumaru's shell. this makes me think it's a signature move (in which case I hope it's not a mediocre move). it would be amazing if the starters got those again this gen.
They do have them again-- Tsutarja's is Grass Mixer and Pokabu's is Nitro Charge. :P And there's also the Oath moves.

If they screw with pokemon in ivs and evs, I'll be ticked off. What else can they do? Make trading take 2x longer than it already is?

I hope that you can Mass trade, instead of just 1 for 1 pokemon.
For example you need someone to clone for you and you need like 6 copies, so just trade all six at once
Its also great for things like Mix Battles where you use your opponents pokemon

They do have them again-- Tsutarja's is Grass Mixer and Pokabu's is Nitro Charge. :P And there's also the Oath moves.
those aren't signature moves. if they are, they aren't confirmed to be. all we know is that they are new moves that the starters happen to learn. by this logic Coil has just as much of a chance of being Tsutarja's signature move, but we all know it's not going to be.

the shell in Shell Blade's attack animation is the exact same one on Mijumaru, which I highly doubt is just a coincidence. they could end up giving Shell Blade to other Pokemon regardless, but at this point it has an obvious relation to Mijumaru. Grass Mixer and Nitro Charge, however, do not have an obvious relation to their respective starters. these could still be signature moves, but at this point in time Shell Blade stands out; we can safely assume that Shell Blade has a large possibility of being Mijumaru's signature move.

I also don't see what the Oath moves have to do with this. are you implying the starters have more than one signature move? they most likely won't, and assuming the Oaths are signatures moves despite having no clue what they do is silly. they also seem to be direct variations on each other in terms of the actual concept, so they wouldn't even be "signature" moves from a flavour standpoint.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
they also seem to be direct variations on each other in terms of the actual concept, so they wouldn't even be "signature" moves from a flavour standpoint.
Just want to point out that, by that logic, Roar of Time and Rock Wrecker would not be considered signature moves as they work the same and even are clones of the same more widely distributed move.

I did say highly unlikely. :-P I do expect them to do something to prevent or deter RNG manipulation, though (at least in BW).
What possible motivation would they have to do it?

People like competitions that aren't dependent on you randomly getting the right stats. Consequently, allowing abuse of IVs is actually in the interest of the game makers; it promotes the competitive game, not detracts from it.

Gen V seems to have a lot of parallels with Gen III, such as the legendaries having signature abilities, starters having signature moves, the routes being restarted, and very few old pokemon being present (so far only Pikachu and Luvdisc are confirmed I think). I hope that BW are better than RSE though...

Gen V seems to have a lot of parallels with Gen III, such as the legendaries having signature abilities, starters having signature moves, the routes being restarted, and very few old pokemon being present (so far only Pikachu and Luvdisc are confirmed I think). I hope that BW are better than RSE though...
Actually it is just Pikachu. That Luvdisc was just an evolution (possibly).

I hope that you can Mass trade, instead of just 1 for 1 pokemon.
For example you need someone to clone for you and you need like 6 copies, so just trade all six at once
Its also great for things like Mix Battles where you use your opponents pokemon
well trading directly from inside the PC boxes via infrared was revealed right?

I also don't see what the Oath moves have to do with this. are you implying the starters have more than one signature move? they most likely won't, and assuming the Oaths are signatures moves despite having no clue what they do is silly. they also seem to be direct variations on each other in terms of the actual concept, so they wouldn't even be "signature" moves from a flavour standpoint.
I assume that the Oath moves would be added to the movepools of all Starter Pokemon, and it would be likely a form of Charge (Perhaps a stat boost, but most importantly, boost Grass/Water/Fire power for the next move.). Think of it similar to how all Starters get Torrent/Blaze/Overgrow.

Grass Mixer/Shell Blade/Nitro Charge do seem more like signature moves, however. Will this mean that only the Starters get those moves? I highly doubt it. I still expect Shell Blade to see distrubution like Leaf Blade, and I would assume a lot of Fire types like Camerupt would kill for a method to boost their speed.

.....Grass Mixer is iffy at best.

Luvdisc evo? Finally, the Swift Swim Sweeper to Sweep all other Sweepy Swift Swim Sweepers!

Seriously, its movepool (the pathetic scraps of it) just screams "Screw with you". Sweet Kiss, Aqua Ring, Charm, Psych Up, maybe Lucky Chant, and Swagger... it needs the stats of Rotom to carry it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)