Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep... Sorry Atheno. I keep mixing up the "n" with the "th" XI... If I'm planing on becomeing a regular I've gotta remember these things.
Don't worry, he's not a veteran so you can forget his nick. xD

Oh, I'm glad to see your signature Dexington. I'm glad winning SPL means something!

@yaya0 I'm not sure how many pokemon you have (as hoblaphs jynx would give you a 3rd psychic type) so if you need 1 more i'll give you "TopPercent" the Rattata. The rules.
-Must solo trainer joey (hes not a gym/e4 so there shouldnt be any problems with this).
-Can only KO 1 pokemon from each gym leader/E4 (KO means the finishing blow so he could still be used to weaken the others).
-Can't evolve untill goldenrod.
If hoblaph edits his post before you start (or you choose iggdrasil/athenos lapras if atheno gives you any restrictions), then ignore this post.

Sorry Galldiator for not being able to explain the challenge more clearly. the challenge was somewhat harder anyways..
It's all right, I guess. I'm at the end of Viridian and I'm doing fine anyway, but I may have no choice but to overlevel for Brock. (Stupid Rock-types!)

Also, as an aside, I may have a bit of a problem with one of the challenges. Nidoqueen can use Surf, but Nidorina cannot, and since I'll need Surf looooong before the League (Cinnabar, in fact), I'm essentially stuck. Here's my question: To follow with traditional Scramble rules, should I

a.) catch and train a Surf slave and not use it in any battles except those I use to train it, or

b.) evolve "Venefirous" early, so as to make use of Surf while avoiding accidentally involving an unrelated Pokemon in a major battle (e.g. the Cinnabar Gym)?

@Galladiator Just catch a random pokemon that can learn surf and bring him out of the pc whenever you need to surf (dont bother training it).

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Don't worry, he's not a veteran so you can forget his nick. xD
I like to think I'm moving closer to it. And I've been following the thread since it began, even if I didn't actually post in it.

I've just noticed Athenodoris (sorry for spelling :p) hasn't posted in a while. Probably cause of Australian time or whatnot, but...
yaya0, you get a Lapras. If Antheo doesn't give it restrictions within 4 hours of this post, Lapras won't have any.

Good luck, both yaya and Atheno ;).
A very nice challenge. Okay, the restriction is that you must train another sea monster, Gyarados, until level 44 when it learns Dragon Dance. You must then breed to get a Lapras, and by the time you get to Johto, it must have the same moveset as the Gyarados had. It must solo two gym leaders, and have the LapDance Smogon set by Red: Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Return and another move.

I like to think I'm moving closer to it. And I've been following the thread since it began, even if I didn't actually post in it.
It was a joke, man. You started participating when we needed the most: when Dummy didn't care about SPL.

That reminds me, we didn't celebrate page 150.

Who would be interested on a simple Tier Tournament?

Athenodoros

blamon123, you get the Aerodactyl from the fossil. It can only learn offensive moves and it must solo Blaine.

EDIT: Tier tournament?

@Atheno: Yes, Tier Tournament.

blamon123, you get the Farfech'd from Vermillion City. Must always hold a "Stick". Oh, and sine it loves it stick so much, it may only have STAB moves (haha, get it?).

@Blamon123 How does charmander sound? good, ok now the catch, this charmander hates you, as such it may never use a Super Effective move (EVER!) in fact if it evolves into a charizard it must use a Not Very Effective move if possible (if not normally effective moves are fine just nothing SE). Oh and name it "Arbalest"

Good luck.

Blamon, I will give you a Beedrill. It must be taught Swords Dance through the move tutor and 3 physical moves, with only one STAB. Name it Juggernaut

@blamon, take the Eevee you get in Celadon City. You must immediately evolve it into Flareon, and can only know 1 non-attacking move. Also, only one attacking move can be STAB. Nickname it "Cannon".

O_O I just noticed every member of blamon123s team is weak to rock.
If you dont like having all weak to rock you can take a Magnemite instead of charmander. (same restrictions)
-Still no SE attacks and must use NVE attacks if possible if it evolves.
-still named "Arbalest".
Choose wisely and either way good luck dealing with rock types.

Athenodoros

Get a Pidgey, blamon. It can only evolve after soloing Brock (Pidgeotto) and Lt. Surge (Pidgeot).
I am sensing a very large amount of sand being used to attack.

so solo is it beating the gym by itself right?
It depends. Generally it just means the Gym Leader, depending on whether people say "solo Lt. Surge" or "solo the lightning gym". It can also be to solo the Gym Leader Main Pokemon (GLMP) in which case it means just the highest level Pokemon in the gym.

@blamon123 Just catch a random pokemon that can learn surf and bring him out of the pc whenever you need to surf (dont bother training it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)