B&W Research Thread

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Does Leech Seed decrease the infected Pokémon's health if the opponent's side has no recipient for the healing effect? I am asking this because my seeded paralyzed guts Roobushin @ leftovers did not lose any health due to Leech Seed the turns that it knocked out an opposing Pokémon, and I was wondering if this is part of Leech Seed's effect or a PO glitch. Bulbapedia says that this is no glitch, but Smogon's description of Leech Seed makes no mention of this mechanic. I would like for this to be cleared up. Thanks!

breh

強いだね
Does Leech Seed decrease the infected Pokémon's health if the opponent's side has no recipient for the healing effect? I am asking this because my seeded paralyzed guts Roobushin @ leftovers did not lose any health due to Leech Seed the turns that it knocked out an opposing Pokémon, and I was wondering if this is part of Leech Seed's effect or a PO glitch. Bulbapedia says that this is no glitch, but Smogon's description of Leech Seed makes no mention of this mechanic. I would like for this to be cleared up. Thanks!
This has been in every 4th and 5th gen game I think. To answer your question, yes, if there is no recipient, leech seed will not take any health. This was a change that occurred in the newer games (as in, for example, 3rd gen, you would switch when a pokemon fainted, not at the turn's end; in DP and on, you switch at the turn's end and thus go after leech seed).

I was thinking for a bit and I thought of an interesting question: When a pokemon uses surf in a double battle, is holding the water jewel, and hits both pokemon on the opposite field, does the water jewel power up the attack on just the first pokemon hit, or on both?

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I heard that if a magic mirror xatu uses thunderwave on another xatu, it will bounce back and forth, amplifying in power until a rift is torn in the fabric of space and time. This will release uber luvdisc from its exile, surely dooming us all.

.... Has anyone confirmed this? Or will MM only work once each, paralyzing the original target?

Charmeleon, I hope you mean Explosion is still viable without the halving in effect, as you said it's still viable with the halving in effect.
The halving effect I'm referencing is Explosion's loss of the defense-halving effect. Even so, in doubles, Explosion reaches >150 BP, which is decent for a move hitting all opponents at once.
Not when I tested it. I might have made mistakes testing it though, might as well retest it.
Serebii suggests otherwise, and although Serebii isn't always right, it's unlikely that it reported two moves which don't exist at all. There may be a catch or something.
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/attacks.shtml
See "Freeze Bolt" and Cold Flare".

Hey guys, this should be an easy test, and it's important for our simulator, but I don't have my DS here so I can't test it.

Can someone find out if a Pokemon holding Balloon gets hurt by Spikes or Toxic Spikes? It doesn't specify in the OP.

breh

強いだね
yet another stupid question by me!

does clear smog ever miss if the opponent has evasion boosts or the user has accuracy drops?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm confirming that when a Pokémon is holding Balloon, it takes no damage from Toxic Spikes or Spikes.

Video. Hopefully its not private.

AFAIK, Clear Smog is programmed with 101 accuracy (i.e. the game doesn't do an accuracy check; it never misses).

Now that Inconsistent is causing such a huge uproar, can someone test what it says in the OP (can Inconsistent attempt to raise/lower a stat at +6/-6 respectively)?

Its a bit difficult to sift through the whole "
New moves\items\abilites" section, is there a list posted somewhere with just new abilities?

yet another stupid question by me!

does clear smog ever miss if the opponent has evasion boosts or the user has accuracy drops?
Cleaf Smog has absolute accuracy, just as swift, shock wave & aura sphere.

It goes 100% through evasion and removes their boosts.
It's essentially haze with damage, it cannot miss unless if the opponent is a steel type, I believe it will fail as a result.

symphonyx64

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Unreleased Dream World Abilities (low priority)
Can Inconsistent attempt to raise or lower a stat at +6 or -6, respectively, and fail, or will it never attempt to do that?
After about 45 minutes to an hour of analyzing Inconsistent while keeping a running log of all the stats while fighting wild Pokémon, I have come to the conclusion that when a stat reaches +6 or -6, Inconsistent will simply not pick that stat to raise or lower respectively. Furthermore, when a particular stat is at +5 or -5, it will only go up by +1 or -1, not +2 or -2.

After about 45 minutes to an hour of analyzing Inconsistent while keeping a running log of all the stats while fighting wild Pokémon, I have come to the conclusion that when a stat reaches +6 or -6, Inconsistent will simply not pick that stat to raise or lower respectively. Furthermore, when a particular stat is at +5 or -5, it will only go up by +1 or -1, not +2 or -2.
So Inconsistent doesn't affect stats that are already minimised/maximised? If you have -6, is it impossible for that stat to be increased again?

Also, your wording on the last part is a bit ambiguous. Inconsistent raises a stat by 2 stages and lowers a stat by 1 stage; if a stat is at -5 and gets increased, would it go to -4 or -3?

symphonyx64

So Inconsistent doesn't affect stats that are already minimised/maximised? If you have -6, is it impossible for that stat to be increased again?

Also, your wording on the last part is a bit ambiguous. Inconsistent raises a stat by 2 stages and lowers a stat by 1 stage; if a stat is at -5 and gets increased, would it go to -4 or -3?
Not at all.

In that case you explained, it is impossible for that stat at -6 to be decreased to a theoretical -7. Just like I had no stats at +6 that were increasing to a theoretical +8. However stats at -6 can still be raised +2 to be at -4. While testing, I had stats at +6 and they were decreased down to -5 again.

It would be raised to -3. -5+2 = -3.

I hope I made some more sense.

Hey guys, this should be an easy test, and it's important for our simulator, but I don't have my DS here so I can't test it.

Can someone find out if a Pokemon holding Balloon gets hurt by Spikes or Toxic Spikes? It doesn't specify in the OP.

If a pokemon is on a balloon, I think they are hurt with Entry hazards but the balloon isn't popped.

Not at all.

In that case you explained, it is impossible for that stat at -6 to be decreased to a theoretical -7. Just like I had no stats at +6 that were increasing to a theoretical +8. However stats at -6 can still be raised +2 to be at -4. While testing, I had stats at +6 and they were decreased down to -5 again.

It would be raised to -3. -5+2 = -3.

I hope I made some more sense.
Ah, I understand. Well, I'll get coyotte to fix PO's implementation.

EDIT: Can anyone check if Starf Berry works similarly (and whether that too can boost evasiveness, or just the 5 visible stats)?

I did some preliminary testing of Friend Card, and here's what I found.

In double battles,

Reduces damage dealt to teammate by approximately 3/4. Need to test the exact percentage, but it got pretty close to this every time.
Does not reduce damage dealt to the pokemon with friend guard.
Does not seem to block status.
Does not reduce recoil or sandstorm.

I think it only reduces direct damage dealt to a teammate. Still need to test.

breh

強いだね
it's not friend card, it's guard (though you seemed to have typed this in the same post, lol)

anyway does it block damage aimed directly at the pokemon (my glalie uses ice beam on friend guard igglybuff or something like that)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)