B&W Research Thread

breh

強いだね
can metronome call unreleased attacks (v-generate, freeze bolt/cold flare, etc.)?

(preferably extracted from game code)

Magic Room Question: If choiced when magic room wears off can you switch your selected move or are you locked into whatever you last used? Or are Choice item effects not negated at all in magic room and only used *aka leftovers and the like*?
question still not answered so brining it back up :)

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Interesting results. Thanks for the tests.

EDIT -- And for Iron Ball, what about Gravity?

EDIT2 -- And Roost ?__?

Right. What should happen if something like Moltres (x2) or Masquerain (x½) uses Roost or/and is affected by Gravity as it holds an Iron Ball?

What effect would take precedence, if any?

What about entry hazards?

Has anyone tested whether the Pre-Evo Stone works with Phione? I imagine it wouldn't but you never know. If it did though it would have pretty serious competitive implications, especially on Rain teams with Hydration & Rest.

Has anyone tested whether the Pre-Evo Stone works with Phione? I imagine it wouldn't but you never know. If it did though it would have pretty serious competitive implications, especially on Rain teams with Hydration & Rest.
Yes, and it's been confirmed numerous times that it doesn't work.

Thought I read this somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it again for the life of me.
Do Regigigas' slow start turns reset upon switching out like they did in 4th gen?

Okay, I just found a really awesome battle. This is the video btw:
83-49091-27648. On turn 2, sazandora uses taunt on erufuun. Right after that, erufuun's item activates. Then on turn 3, it goes ahead and uses swagger on his fellow wargle. It sounds like this item negates the effect of taunt. Can anybody figure out what this item could be? This could be a solution to opposing taunters. Also, this isn't the only time I've seen this happen too. There was another battle that had a Cresselia use this item.

Okay, I just found a really awesome battle. This is the video btw:
83-49091-27648. On turn 2, sazandora uses taunt on erufuun. Right after that, erufuun's item activates. Then on turn 3, it goes ahead and uses swagger on his fellow wargle. It sounds like this item negates the effect of taunt. Can anybody figure out what this item could be? This could be a solution to opposing taunters. Also, this isn't the only time I've seen this happen too. There was another battle that had a Cresselia use this item.
It gave an activation message, right? Try to cross check with here, maybe? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-battle_effect_item

Only thing I can think of is White Herb, but Taunt shouldn't count as a stat change. It could be a berry?
Maybe Power Herb, and Taunt counts as a "charge"?

Yeah, it gave an activation message right after sazandora used taunt.
Maybe Mental Herb got a boosted effect? I'm still not sure.

Edit: It appears that there is also an item that does the same thing as above, but for encore! I don't know if it's the same item or not, but we need to figure out what kind of item it is. New Vid is 37-40962-98393.

But.....

Skiploom is Grass/Flying! Grass resists Ground!
Based off of the data posted solely in this topic, it seems that....

-Pokémon with Levitate have Levitate's effects nullified. Their typing remains the same, and thus can be hit for super effective damage (i.e. Gengar described above).
-Pokémon with a Flying-type will receive neutral damage, regardless of typing. (i.e. Skiploom and Skarmory described above).

Probably has to do with some kind of dominant effect of Iron Ball over the typing, where it causes the Flying-type to receive neutral damage rather than an immunity.

-Zane

Jointly tested by Niched and SupremeDirt:

Mental Herb removes the effects of the following moves:

Attract
Taunt
Encore
Torment
Disable
Cursed Body

Right. What should happen if something like Moltres (x2) or Masquerain (x½) uses Roost or/and is affected by Gravity as it holds an Iron Ball?

What effect would take precedence, if any?
My Moltres with Iron Ball got super effective damage(2x) from ground moves after Roost or/and Gravity. As such Roost/Gravity take precendence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)