Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What item should SD Blaziken carry?
balloon is probably best, but i prefer running wide lens
Life Orb is what you want. Balloon is a terrible idea, because most of Blaziken's threats are either Gliscor (which just kills you with Acrobat instead) or bulky waters. Wide Lens is somewhat useful if you're paranoid about misses and/or really don't want the LO recoil, but you won't be nearly as powerful.

in the game.. when is the dream world part of the game available? so i can get different abilities? basically the end of the game? or what

Is there a RMT active for Gen V? (Sorry, I haven't posted for over two years before yesterday, and I've forgotten how to navigate the site) I'm building a Double Battle team, and I can't test its effectiveness before I breed the pokemon short of hacking the team into existence, which I don't want to do.

EDIT: Thank you.

I actually have a question on the mechanics of Beat Up...

It says it attacks with all 5 pokemon and uses their attack and defense stats to decipher the damage. Now I am assuming the type of damage dealt is typeless, as thats what it says here on smogon, and I know that no IV's, EV's, Natures (I am assuming Items too), don't add to the damage...

One Question I have is: What does the Dark Typing even have to do with anything then? If you are using a dark type pokemon to use , do you gain stab? Do you gain stab on each hit? Or just on the initial attack?

Does the original pokemon who uses Beat Up take in account for IV's, EV's, Nature and Item boost?

What is the damage equation to figure out the base power?

EDIT: Never mind... I found the answer on bulbapedia. Should have looked first.

Generation V

Beat Up's power is now based solely on the user's base attack (rather than each team member individually), divided by 10, with 5 power added to the result. Beat Up no longer lists the Pokémon that is using Beat Up, and has a chance of landing a critical hit for each hit. Beat Up now receives STAB from Dark-type users and no longer deals typeless damage. Beat Up ignores changes to stat levels like from Swords Dance, but each hit does increase in power from attack boosting items like Choice Band, provided that that item is held by the user.

Actually wait, I am still confused on one part... Where does it apply the damage from the team mates? It says it is based solely on the users base attack, how does it include the rest of the teams damage?

For those of you who got your game(s) at Toys-R-Us today, do any of you know if they'll be getting any more "Legendary Kits"? I just got back from getting Black and White there, and they told me that they had run out of the kits. They said that they didn't know if they'd be getting any more in. According to the article in the link, it is free today, but is available for $11.99 other days, so hopefully this means that they will be getting more in, and if I go back and bring my receipt proving that I did in fact purchase the games on the day when the Legendary Kits were free, then hopefully they'll give me one. Nowhere on the ad does it say anything along the lines of "while supplies last."

Actually wait, I am still confused on one part... Where does it apply the damage from the team mates? It says it is based solely on the users base attack, how does it include the rest of the teams damage?
It attacks once for each team member which has at least 1 HP left, while the damage delivered each hit is based on the user's attack.

So 30x5=150 BP and I guess Stab/Choice/LO is added to the original BP so that's like 200 BP?
It would make Weavile a good lead option IMO.

Weavile@Life Orb
Adamant Pressure
252 Att/252 Sp/4 HP
-Fake Out
-Beat Up
-Ice Shard
-Brick Break/Low Sweep (60 BP-lowers speed)

Fake Out->Beat Up->Ice Shard. I don't know but that would KO some leads right?

I know natures aren't that big of a deal in-game, but what would be the best nature for an in-game Emboar? I have Brave right now (I noticed that it's one of the natures listed on the analysis), but am wondering if the Speed drop would hurt me since I'd be higher-leveled than most opponents, meaning I could normally outspeed them, and I don't have access to Curse or Gyro Ball either. I usually just go for neutral natures for my starters.

I used emboar too, and I honestly couldn't tell its nature due to it being in japanese. However i would prefer to make it nuetral sinceit uses both physical, special, fast, attacks and its defenses aren't bad.

Its either Brave/Quiet or a neutral nature. Even with a -speed nature, its Nitro Charge generally makes it faster than most other trainer pokemon other than stuff like Choroneko/Watchdog and other stuff which you wont be able to outspeed anyway.

So 30x5=150 BP and I guess Stab/Choice/LO is added to the original BP so that's like 200 BP?
It would make Weavile a good lead option IMO.

Weavile@Life Orb
Adamant Pressure
252 Att/252 Sp/4 HP
-Fake Out
-Beat Up
-Ice Shard
-Brick Break/Low Sweep (60 BP-lowers speed)

Fake Out->Beat Up->Ice Shard. I don't know but that would KO some leads right?

This is actually why I was asking this. I figured if I had a Weavile running with Beat Up it might make a good lead with a hard hitting attack. But I wasn't sure if it was going to apply the attack of the team members, because I was trying to figure out a way to get all of the highest attack pokemon on the same team with a Weavile Beat Up lead.

But It still seems like its going to be one hard hitting attack either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)