Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come I cannot get the Liberty Island ticket from WiFi? Do I need to start my game first before being able to receive it via Mystery Gift? I do have WiFi.

i have a question though... how and when can i access the dream world so i can get some interesting abilities? im trying to figure it out from browsing the web, but no luck

Is the victini mystery event already planned for its ivs, nature, etc? Just wondering because I'd like to get a decent timid nature one..:)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i have a question though... how and when can i access the dream world so i can get some interesting abilities? im trying to figure it out from browsing the web, but no luck
The Dream World opens up on the 30th of march. If I understand serebii correctly, you should still be able to send Pokémon to the DW from your japanese games, if you got one until the 18th of march.
And you access the DW by sending a Pokémon over via the Game Sync that's in the Wi-fi Option of the C-Gear. Then you choose a Pokémon to send over from your computer. Then you go to this website. You must create an account there.

Should I train up throh or timburr for a non competitive general game choice poke?

Please advise, I have a very good IV state lonely timburr. The 5 throh I caught suck. And it will take time to keep catching more throh. Is it worth the pain?

Do you want it to be competitively viable? You'll need to breed at least twice to get Drain Punch and Mach Punch on it, which is precisely the reason I'm waiting until post-game to do so.

If you don't mind not having those (awesome for it) moves, use it all you want. Who cares otherwise?

So for the Victini event, if once I get it can I restart my game and get it again? Am I able to download the wondercard again, or just having it after resetting allows me to get the Liberty Ticket?
Also, how far along into the game is the Victini event? Ditto for Zorua and Zorark?

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So for the Victini event, if once I get it can I restart my game and get it again? Am I able to download the wondercard again, or just having it after resetting allows me to get the Liberty Ticket?
Also, how far along into the game is the Victini event? Ditto for Zorua and Zorark?
It's after the second gym. In Castelia City.

Are tiers going to outlined any time soon? I understand why standard probably won't get any soon (as every new released DW pokemon can significantly change the metagame), but what's stopping Dream World from getting tiered up?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Roost does not allow for Ground moves to hit flying pokemon does it? My Sandile could not hit Pidove after several roosts.
Was your Sandile attacking before, or after, the Pidove? Flying types only lose their type until the end of the turn, and it doesn't go into effect until they Roost. So if your Sandile is faster than the Pidove, it will never land a ground type move.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You can capture Victini as soon as you reach Castelia City (two gym badges). Same goes for Zorua. Zoroark isn't until you reach Nimbasa City/Route 16 (three gym badges iirc).

There are a few moves that I'm not sure are boosted by Sheer Force, could someone enlighten me?
Drain Punch (the healing), Wake Up Slap (double damage against sleeping targets), and Chip Away.

Related, does the 30% boost make, say, Rock Smash deal 52 damage?

Moves are only boosted by Sheer Force when they have a CHANCE of their effect occuring - like flinching, paralyzing, etc etc. This doesn't go for a heightened CH rate.
And yes, it goes from 40 BP to 52.

Moves are only boosted by Sheer Force when they have a CHANCE of their effect occuring - like flinching, paralyzing, etc etc. This doesn't go for a heightened CH rate.
And yes, it goes from 40 BP to 52.
Ah, so since Wake Up Slap always deals double damage on sleeping opponents, it isn't boosted.
Okay, I think it get it now, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)