Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I've only recently heard of RNGing and just today looking it up... Kind of reminds me of when I first read up on IVs and EVs... Except I really have no idea where to start with it... a lot to learn and seems tedious, but better than resetting I assume... plus, it is spring break, so that may offer some time to learn... regrettably I've caught nearly every legend in White, so it kind of sucks to be finding it out now O.O (I rarely reset games, let alone casually, and usually only if I transferred a lot from it leaving little of concern behind).
Anyway, on a similar note, I've found breeding to go a little faster with volcorona (even compared to when I bred in platinum w/ flame body) and the IV checker is a bit more thorough... no longer do I have to repeat checks to be sure of any other 31's...

Thanks! Saw it on Facebook. Any ideas on how I should get a good Kyurem? Synchronize? Would Modest be good for it?
I'd opt for Timid personally unless you're gonna slap a Scarf on it, Kyurem's best asset is that he runs at Base 95, beating out Reshi/Zer, both of which likely will use +Spe natures.

Anyway, on a similar note, I've found breeding to go a little faster with volcorona (even compared to when I bred in platinum w/ flame body) and the IV checker is a bit more thorough... no longer do I have to repeat checks to be sure of any other 31's...
Also, Black and White has better places to hatch eggs, Sky Arrow Bridge works great on a bike.

Once you figure out the general idea of how it works, it's pretty easy, though it's a lot of trial and error no matter how good you get. I managed to hit my target seed for the first time about 15 minutes after I started calibrating.

The best legend to calibrate on is either Volcarona or Kyurem, because it's easier to get accurate IVs, but you obviously can't use those if you want to RNG the version mascot (unless you want to catch 720 Pokémon, which is bound to take longer than calibrating on a lower level target). I did it on Cobalion, which wasn't too difficult combined with the Hidden Power checker in Mistralton.
I have no desire to ever play ubers, so I can wait.

I just ran into the most intelligent group of Rapidash in the game, no doubt, on Route 12. The Rapidash on the left hit its partner with Fire Blast to activate Flash Fire, which then proceeded to batter my Reuniclus into oblivion with a boosted Flare Blitz. Very clever, gamefreak.

Also, I just got a perfect attack and speed IV Jolly Victini, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
I went through the game in Japanese, and now I'm giving the English version a go.

I take a different approach on making in-game teams from most people. I take the weakness(es) of a gym and build a specific team against that gym, then use that team until I reach the next one. If possible, of course. I catch everything else available, and then it gets boxed and/or never used. The only thing that is constant on my teams is my Fire Starter. Let me put it in another way:

Episode 1: Start -> Anti-Starter Gym

I grabbed Tehpig (intentional typo), named him Ernest, and went all the way to the Gym using him only. N, Bianca, and Cheren were absolute pushovers. Went a little out of the way to get Pansage, named him Seymour, and went into the Gym.

Ernest - Lv 12(?) - Ember, Tackle
Seymour - Lv 10 - Vine Whip

Cress's Lillipup was nothing for Ernest, first Ember burned it whilst it used Work Up. For some reason it kept Working Up whilst it got Tackled to death. Despite the level difference and absolutely no training beforehand, Panpour went down to 3 Vine Whips.

After the Gym, Seymour jumped to Lv 12. To be honest, I can't remember if it was here when Ernest reached Lv 15.

Episode 2: Anti-Starter Gym -> Normal Gym

Dreamyard went without problems. Cheren 2 was as bad as the first one, although granted I now had Seymour for his starter. Ernest became a Pignite whilst on the Wellspring Cave Plasma battle. N 2 went down without landing a hit on my team, the only thing that survived a hit was his Timburr, and its Rock Throw missed. Again went a little out of the way to catch a team for the Gym; bloody Throh took more than an hour to show up. After some nicknaming and a little grinding, I was at the Gym.

Ernest - Lv 18 - Flame Charge, Arm Thrust
Chelsea - Lv 18 - Low Kick
Sonny - Lv 18 - Low Sweep
Terence - Lv 18 - Vital Throw

The only thing that Chelsea fought was the first Patrat. The other three took two Pokémon each in total, with Sonny taking out the scientist's Herdier.
Terence had to take 2 Take Downs before beating Lenora's Herdier, whilst Ernest had a lucky break when Watchog's Hypnosis missed whilst I was healing him.

I find it surprising that they didn't censor Lenora and tried to replace her with an evil Cameron Diaz, but I guess that those times are behind us. But I digress.

I tried doing a couple of tests against Watchog to see if I should replace Arm Thrust with Rock Smash. Watchog didn't feel like cooperating, and got hit by both moves with critical hits. The results remain inconclusive, of course.

After the Gym, Ernest jumped to Lv 20. Sonny almost reached Lv 19, but was, ironically, 19 points short.

Will my team almost full of Fighting Type Pokémon survive Pinwheel Forest? I've got to try.

Also, Black and White has better places to hatch eggs, Sky Arrow Bridge works great on a bike.
Doing so as I type this! I love it. I'm on the last set of eggs to get a Modest perfect Sp. Atk and perfect speed Porygon Z (which I once had in the past, may he rest in peace =[ )

I find it highly amusing that I didn't have to RNG at all to get an excellent Zekrom:

Naughty
HP: 28-29
Attack: 14-15
Defense: 28-29
Special Attack: 28-29
Special Defense: 30-31
Speed: 30-31

The only thing that really could have been better would be Attack, but I plan for it to be mixed anyway.

I find it highly amusing that I didn't have to RNG at all to get an excellent Zekrom:

Naughty
HP: 28-29
Attack: 14-15
Defense: 28-29
Special Attack: 28-29
Special Defense: 30-31
Speed: 30-31

The only thing that really could have been better would be Attack, but I plan for it to be mixed anyway.
Reshiram and Zekrom are fairly hard to RNG for I think, no way to check nature until after the game saves... but that is nice! I'm planning to make mine mixed as well with Draco Meteor, since it ended up being Quiet (I would've reset if I knew... luckily I managed to get two Zekroms and a Reshiram from the GTS... which all came from Zorua (bred) and the Jolly Zoroark I got in the event in the forest.

Did anyone else feel kind of "meh" about the lv 25 Zoroark they hyped about as compared to the Zorua you can get so much earlier?

Reshiram and Zekrom are fairly hard to RNG for I think, no way to check nature until after the game saves...
Actually, if you lose to Ghetsis, which was pretty easy to do;), you will warp back to the pokemon center after blacking out where you can check its nature without saving.

Take the version mascot into your party against N. Check its stats there.

EDIT: Or maybe not. No nature shown in battle...GAME FREAK!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually, if you lose to Ghetsis, which was pretty easy to do;), you will warp back to the pokemon center after blacking out where you can check its nature without saving.
Or you can lose to N. And if you know you can consistently hit close to your delay, you can probably use the adjacent seeds to figure out the stats mid-battle as well.

If a stat is above or below the maximum range for that level, you can figure it out. Again, use your adjacent seeds to help out. It's harder if you're just SRing, though.
I just figured out what RNGing is :/ so all of those things like "delay" and "seeds" are very new to me....

does anybody know of any good threads to really start learning about RNGing? basically right from the start sort of teaching, i hardly know any, except what i learned from getting a near perfect mudkip fourth generation. i believe it's changed quite drastically since then though

Herdier or Blitzle.
I second Blitzle. Herdier is pretty incredible, and I found that Blitzle seriously lagged behind as I got farther in... in fact, as soon as it evolved, it landed in Box 1 and never came back out ;)

If you find yourself hurting for an electric type later, Joltik in the chargestone cave is pretty amazing. He's very, very fast! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)