The Everything NHL Thread

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How many more times are the Canucks going to dive before they get called for a penalty? It's getting to the point where they're nearly giving up goals because they're looking for the refs instead of the puck. They actually got a call against them in the first but it was coincidental with a phantom Bruins penalty. Lapierre is the biggest sissy on the whole team and he winds up getting the goal, just like Burrows in game 2. The more I watch this series the more I fucking despise how the Canucks play, they're STILL mocking the fact that he bit Bergeron. The fact they've gotten this far is a black eye on the reputation of the NHL. The Bruins need to start throwing fists again like they were willing to do in game 4. Instead of letting these cowards get some momentum, shut them up right away because only 3 or 4 of the Canucks would ever dare get into a fight.

edit - well I guess it's not a series until the road team wins. gl boston
Dear God. And I thought I had "Canucks bias lens" on.

Fact: Bruins got outplayed. 47-27 hits, 15 takeaways to Boston's 6, and shut down those early power plays that were weak. And Lapierre just trolled the fuck out of you.

I defy you to find me an instance in this game when they were taunting the Bruins for the biting. Murphy even said the next person to do it would get a misconduct, and as shitty as the refs were, I'm pretty sure NBC/Versus and CBC both got close ups on most of the scrums and I didn't see any on either side.

It's great that you keep spouting this nonsense, without actually pointing out specific instances where these incidents happened.

Thomas for Conn Smythe, regardless of who wins. The best player in the series by far.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I jumped out of my seat something fierce when LAPIERRE scored the gwg. Man did he have an awesome game, he was all over the ice in the third.

I can't wait to see him hoist the cup!

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Eraddd: I don't have access to a copy of the game but I saw Lapierre making a biting motion and putting his hands to his face while the refs were separating one of those "scrums" near the end of the game (although I hate calling it that because it's an insult to rugby, a real man's sport). If you can point me to somewhere that I can get the game online then I'll try to look it up for you.

And none of the things you bolded are false, with the exception of the NHL's reputation statement which was just my opinion as a relatively new viewer of the NHL. It's not really a secret that the Canucks dive, even the announcers were talking about it during the games. I'm not a soccer fan, I'd rather not watch Ice Soccer.

Also seconding Thomas for Smythe no matter what. Dude gives up 6 goals in 5 games and theyre down 3-2.

I jumped out of my seat something fierce when LAPIERRE scored the gwg. Man did he have an awesome game, he was all over the ice in the third.

I can't wait to see him hoist the cup!
He's would probably one of the most undeserving players to hold the cup right next to Cooke, Lemeuix and Pronger.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It depends what you consider is undeserving.

Claude Lemieux was a clutch beast in the play-offs, in which he always shined. He won 4 cups (with 3 different teams) and a Conn Smythe. He always worked his ass off when it mattered most, he is certainly everything but undeserving to me.

@Eraddd: I don't have access to a copy of the game but I saw Lapierre making a biting motion and putting his hands to his face while the refs were separating one of those "scrums" near the end of the game (although I hate calling it that because it's an insult to rugby, a real man's sport). If you can point me to somewhere that I can get the game online then I'll try to look it up for you.

And none of the things you bolded are false, with the exception of the NHL's reputation statement which was just my opinion as a relatively new viewer of the NHL. It's not really a secret that the Canucks dive, even the announcers were talking about it during the games. I'm not a soccer fan, I'd rather not watch Ice Soccer.

Also seconding Thomas for Smythe no matter what. Dude gives up 6 goals in 5 games and theyre down 3-2.
I read this post up until "rugby, a real man's sport" and from this point forward, and even backwards, everything you have said or might say or even haven't said is utterly worthless chatter. Take it to the rugby thread :) where real men congregate...apparently?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
jesus fucking christ please do not turn this discussion into a "which sport is manlier" argument, that is just retarded

And for all those people complaining about the Canucks diving, I give you Exhibit A and Exhibit B. The Canucks were terrible in Boston, but taking phantom penalties certainly doesn't help the cause.

Every team dives, end of story, get over it and talk about the hockey.

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Lappy gave 'Successful troll is successful' a whole new meaning ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't blame new NHL viewers to have a biased view against the nucks... the media is tearing it up. Those hockey gloves are supposed to protect you from 100 mph shots from the likes of chara (yeah you;ll be bruised like fuck, likely break something, but your hand won't just disintegrate like it's suppsoed to if you were bare handed) Burrows bit on it, yes, but you won't even feel it until Burrows' teeth breaks. If anyone wants to talk about being cheap, then let's talk about those slashes to the Sedins that never get any attention. They are both clearly playing injured, and it really caught my attention those few times they lost footing on their own before face-offs because their legs are pretty fucked up and it's because of those retarded slashes they get like throughout the whole series, if you saw any of it. You talk about protecting star players like Horton, but never talk about those injuries to the top scorers of the NHL.

But the Sedins never complain because they realize they're playing Hockey. And If you're watching hockey, you shouldn't complain about anyone being 'cheap' either, until someone really crosses the line. BTW, the Nucks clearly haven't.

Go Nucks Go

Um..what? How is the Rome hit on Horton not considered "crossing the line"

?
??
???
????
?????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Because he was simply late and never intended to injure. In case you didn't know, he received similarly dirty hit during the SJ series. If he has half a brain, which I really hope he does, then there was no way he thought OK I GONNA KILL THIS GUY when he avoided similar fate by the hair of his chin. I've seen so much worse hits in NHL (ei. look over youtube for some really dirty hits), I really don't think he crossed the line at all. He's just too slow to change his directions like that. I mean, he already committed forward, and do you expect to just snap back when he's a human with normal / below average for a top athlete reflexes?

If you intend to disrespect / disregard my opinions with all those ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? because my post count is low, then go ahead. I really don't give much about my e-cred. THx

PS. If I came across as if I liked Horton getting injured, I apologize, because that was never my intention. The point is, injury happens on dirty plays, and they happen on stupid plays (ei. what Rome did) as well. Rome is not the kind of dirty head-hunter that the media makes him out to be.

PPS @DM: I do see what you are saying. I just wanted to make the point that the dirtiness has not been one-sided from the nucks to the bruins like the media makes it out to be. I suck at making arguments I guess>.>

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Those hockey gloves are supposed to protect you from 100 mph shots from the likes of chara (yeah you;ll be bruised like fuck, likely break something, but your hand won't just disintegrate like it's suppsoed to if you were bare handed) Burrows bit on it, yes, but you won't even feel it until Burrows' teeth breaks.
Oh? Tell that to Andrew Peters, that shit drew blood. You seem to be overlooking the soft and vulnerable underside of the glove.

Let's be honest, this Finals has been one of the worst series of hockey to watch, both for longtime and new NHL fans.

Vancouver Doesn't deserve the cup. Period. I'll greatly look forward to crushing them next year if they do. They'd be the weakest Stanley Cup Champions I've seen and/or read about so far. Poor Tim Thomas, lights out and his friggin team can't decide whether they're gonna score goals or not. It'd be nice if Seguin decided to flip the switch and turned beast mode on for the next games or so...

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
I don't care how far the teams are traveling, having a two-day layoff during the Finals is retarded. The season already encroaches way too far into June, this is needlessly prolonging it.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol what up Luongo? See you in Vancouver, too bad you couldn't make the trip into Boston. What was that you were saying about playing in the crease?

Also, another dirty hit by the Canucks. Edler taking out Peverly from behind instead of going for the one-touch Icing. Of course the difference is that instead of looking for the refs after falling, the Bruins are looking for someone to fight. Good strategy, since the Canucks have a bunch of players on their team who will hit you in the back and then run away when it's time to go face to face.

They actually started calling penalties on the Canuck flops, I am loving NHL referees in this playoffs. After watching the NBA games it's a great change of pace.

ROFL, as I was writing this they scored another goal to make it 4-0 after 10 minutes of play.

marilli

With you
We Boston Bruins never try to kill people. We never make dirty hits that are late and show intent to injure

Oh wait

Edit: I personally find it hillarious how they mentioned Horton injury every other whistle, saying that he got sent to a hospital but 'could move all limbs as he was sent off ice' and stuff--and Mason Raymond couldn't even move his legs and I've never heard them ever mention the injury.

It doesn't matter anyways its them bad bad cancocks

We Boston Bruins never try to kill people. We never make dirty hits that are late and show intent to injure

Oh wait

Edit: I personally find it hillarious how they mentioned Horton injury every other whistle, saying that he got sent to a hospital but 'could move all limbs as he was sent off ice' and stuff--and Mason Raymond couldn't even move his legs and I've never heard them ever mention the injury.

It doesn't matter anyways its them bad bad cancocks
The Horton injury was a dirty hit, the Raymond injury was just unfortunate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)