The Everything NHL Thread

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
jrrrrrrr retarded in every topic he posts in.
I'd be infracted in a second if I posted anything like this.

I think jrrrrrrr just turned everyone against the Bruins. And I thought the Canucks had some terrible fairweather fans.
I'm not a fairweather fan. I've actually been to a Bruins game this season and I've been watching the Bruins almost religiously for the entire Julien era. Keep the baseless accusations coming, I'm almost drowning in Canuck fan tears over here.
Horton hit: late, severe injury, 5-minute penalty and game misconduct, 4 game suspension
Raymond hit: late, severe injury, no penalty, no suspension
The Raymond hit wasn't late and was an interference penalty at the very worst. The guy went into the boards in the fetal position and hit his back awkwardly, I can't believe you're comparing it to a hit where someone left their skates to hit someone directly in the head. And you guys call me bad =\

It's pretty scary that Vancouver, a team that rolls over and dies if they give up a goal on the road, a team that lets their alt. captain get punched in the face by a rookie without standing up for him, is one win away from the cup. I hope that's not where the NHL is headed.

Either way tomorrow's gonna be one hell of a game. I can't wait. Nathan Nation baby.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Attention World: Just because they're both named Sedin does not mean they're the same person. One is actually an Olympic diver and wears the C. He's our captain. The other is not and is a fairly respectable hockey player. Please stop getting them mixed up. We even differentiate with letters and numbers to help.

The Raymond hit wasn't late and was an interference penalty at the very worst. The guy went into the boards in the fetal position and hit his back awkwardly, I can't believe you're comparing it to a hit where someone left their skates to hit someone directly in the head. And you guys call me bad =\
Yes it was late. Yes it was interference at the worst. Yes it is dirty.

Intent to injure? No. Intent to finish his check? Yes.

As for the comparison: no they can not be compared. The NHL is trying to get rid of headshots, so obviously when a headshot occurs, they're going to be harsh on the suspension. They're not trying to get rid of interference calls where a guy ends up with his back to the boards and destroys his spine. It's an accident, it happens. It was also an expected hit that did damage because of where the hit occurred, not an unexpected, open ice hit.

I also thought the Canuck player who hit the Bruin on that delayed icing (Marchand who got hit? Can't remember) was much more dirty than a late check into the boards. If that was an injury that would be a suspension, but again I go back to the NHL only suspending if there's an injury or someone does something insanely stupid (like throwing a blatant elbow). The NHL is so bad with suspensions it's ridiculous.

I really hope they actually look into Don Cherry's idea of getting rid of large shoulder pads. They can limit what goalies can wear, so surely there's precedence for limiting shoulder pads. It should be fairly easy to test if those pads actually do more damage.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol Lebrongo, lol gutless cheapshotting Canuck players

CONGRATS BRUINS! THREE Game 7 victories in one playoffs, truly an inspiring run. Nathan Nation.

see you guys at the parade

City of Champions

Robrutal Luongoal.

Congrats Bruins. The better team won this series.

Goals were 23-8. How did this series get to 7?

Vancouver fans.. shit.. no class..

edit, did i just hear a bruin player go "fuckin right" while lifting the cup? hilarious.

First time since the Wings' last cup win I could enjoy a team winning, it was nice. Kinda cathartic to see Thomas and Bergeron and Recchi lift the cup... not one of my favorite teams, but I respect the leadership of that team, I'm glad to see them rewarded. I was talking to my parents about how good it was to see Bergeron playing well when he scored the third goal after all the shit he's been through with the concussions... it's a team I can feel good about from the outside. If it wasn't gonna be one of my teams, I'm happy it was them.

Love Thomas' interview, too. After years of boring, emotionless, tagline interviews from people like Crosby it's nice to see someone more emotional and pure. That's what sports are all about.

I thought the Vancouver fans were awesome. They cheered the Bruins and gave Lucic a huge ovation.

The "Bettman Sucks" chant was pretty much the best Stanley Cup ending ever.

I thought the Vancouver fans were awesome. They cheered the Bruins and gave Lucic a huge ovation.

The "Bettman Sucks" chant was pretty much the best Stanley Cup ending ever.
They cheered in the arena. On forums every Canucks fan I see is complaining about the refs and how they got screwed, while outside of the arena they've already managed to flip a car:

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/canucks_fans_flip_car_over_climb_light_poles/003ac20b

No respect for the Canuck fans at all. Although the anti-Bettman stuff I will always find hilarious.

Poor Canucks fans, it must bite to lose like this

haw haw, bite

EDIT: I bet they feel like Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusers

I could do this all night

I heard a lot of booing from the Canucks fans, but it didn't really bother me. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to cheer the away team, and it almost made the win more sweet. And if Vancouver had won in Boston, I think there probably would have been an even worse reaction from Boston's fans. I think Recchi and Siedenburg both said "fuckin right" while hoisting the cup, heh.

I missed a little bit of the game because I was watching the Red Sox dominate, but it looked to be mostly a good game, not as many dives or late hits that marred earlier games. I enjoyed it, but did I just miss the dirty plays? Either way, congrats to Boston and Timmy Thomas

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Only dirty hit was the one on Chara in the second(?) period. Could have been called for interference, elbowing, charging, or a number of other things, but no penalty was called.

Still, not that it mattered. Putting up with Boston's fan's shit for the next year will be well worth the Canucks losing.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I heard a lot of booing from the Canucks fans, but it didn't really bother me. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to cheer the away team, and it almost made the win more sweet. And if Vancouver had won in Boston, I think there probably would have been an even worse reaction from Boston's fans. I think Recchi and Siedenburg both said "fuckin right" while hoisting the cup, heh.
They were cheering for you. They were booing Bettman. The commissioner isn't very well-liked especially in Canada.

We played a shitty game. It's really hard to defend the lack of heart the team showed tonight. I'm not sure what happened. There were definitely a few chances but I didn't feel like I was watching Game 7 of the Stanley Cup playoffs at all =/

And please. Chances of those rioters being fans are nil to none. Those are the ones just wanting to cause shit. Retards with signs that say "RIOT 2011" etc. Ugh. Pretty universally condemned by everyone. That's basically all my Facebook feed is right now. People bitching about the rioters.

That's good then, I'm just trying to call it as I see it with the information at my disposal.

I hate Boston fans even more than Vancouver fans, but this isn't a place for a rant like that.

Now to look forward to the Winnipeg team being officially accepted by the board of Governors (as if there is any doubt), and then the Winnipeg team likely having a name and jersey before the draft in the next 10 days (that's me making an assumption. It would be silly if it weren't announced by then).

I feel bad for the Canucks but Tim Thomas deserved that Stanley Cup more than either team did as a separate entity. You could put the Manitoba Moose in front of Tim Thomas and they would have won the series.

Luongo makes me sick. He talks smack about arguably the best goalie (most saves in a series) performance in a Stanley Cup series, and then lets in some of the worst goals. I could barely watch some of the Canucks' faces as they watched the puck go in during the first goal because Luongo did the EXACT SAME THING - he just froze and watched it glide by him. The combo of coaching and thus goaltending blew the series for Canucks. I'm confident they would have won if they put Schneider for any of the Boston games, and at the very least the final after the first terrible goal.

A little while and about 5 beers later I was laughing my ass off when that shorthanded goal went in....it's like the Luongo and the puck were opposite charges of a magnet and it pushed Luongo away.

EDIT: But who cares, GO JETS GO

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm confident they would have won if they put Schneider for any of the Boston games
I'm confident they wouldn't have, as you don't ever win a game by scoring no goal. Or perhaps are you expecting Schneider to score some?

Coaching and goaltending? It seems there is something else you missed that didn't work at all. What about a power play that seemed stolen from the Bruins' playbook? Or twins that had you believe they were Olsen rather than Sedin. Or maybe we can just lump all of this under 'coaching'?

And besides, can we lay off Luongo and especially not try to ram his reputation to the ground by portraying him as a trash talker, something he never was?

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dear fucking god, the people of Vancouver are making themselves look like fucking idiots. And it's not even Canucks fans; a lot of them are there to reenact the 1994 riots, and cause general trouble. Fucking idiots.

Canucks deserved to lose this one. We played a disgusting game and Boston played admirably today. Props go to Thomas, for being the wall that he is, and to Marchant, for the clutchness in his play, and for breaking out into the finals.

I don't want to say good serious (because obviously there's the general animosity around), but I would like to thank the Bruins for this final all around, and also, hats off to most Bruins fans for being a class act, especially the ones on Reddit.

Vineon, Luongo will never ever get any respect, regardless of what he does. Especially with this game 7 on his shoulders, no one will let him go of this.

Finally, a nice big "Fuck you" to fans who were booing the American anthem. Shit just disgusts me.

I haven't seen the presser, but the trashtalking complaint is pretty legit based on what the Versus guys were saying. I can dig him being a little bitter about the way Thomas is being portrayed compared to how he is, but it would be hard to imagine a worse situation to give the other team that extra motivation or a worse target to criticize. Not like it's a chronic thing for him, but man... I actually didn't think he was that bad in Game 7 compared to the Boston games(where he was pretty indefensible), as much as I'd have expected to see him stop most of what went in there the Canucks weren't controlling the puck all night and that makes for a tough goalie game. I liked that save he had with like a minute and change left even though it was super irrelevant, at least worth some respect he didn't dial it in at the end.

Or twins that had you believe they were Olsen rather than Sedin.
To quote my friend: "Sedin sisters. Two girls, no cup."

This was a great series to watch. Hockey is the only sport my entire family follows, so it was nice to finally see our team win it all. Thomas was brilliant and Marchand looked like a lot more than a rookie out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)