Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SuperScrafty

For your HeartGold, take a Smeargle and NN him Hugo, and he must always be holding Choice Specs or Wise Glasses as soon as you get either item. He thinks field moves are awesome, but HM field moves are too mainstream for him. Hugo is a hipster, after all. Because of this he must know the moves Headbutt, Dig, Sweet Scent, and Teleport. Every time he levels up, roll a die to determine what he must do for the level.

1. Can use moves freely
2. Defeat 30 Pokemon he Headbutts out of trees. Then can use moves freely
3. Use Dig on 20 Zubats inside of caves, using Dig to return to the Pokecenter to replenish your PP. Then can use moves freely.
4. Can only battle Pokemon he finds using Sweet Scent.
5. Has to Teleport from 20 wild battles. Then can use moves freely.
6. Can only use his field moves in the field, not in battle.

Let me know if this is too difficult for you, or if you need a Smeargle with those moves.

Ziposaki, you get a Ponyta, as it is the only fire type in diamond. It got use in this game, but come platinum with the extended roster less people used it. Therefore, Ponyta wants to shine with it's time in diamond by soloing every gym leader or elite four pokemon that got replaced in platinum. Name it Dyingflame.

Skwog, seeing as I'm still a novice at Scrambles (just started LG Scramble), I think that might be too hard, since smeargle has crap stats. Can I have something else?

SoulSilver Very Hard Challenge Update No. 1:

-Newby n0Ob's Ledyba
-Its A Random's Yanma
-EEVEE3's Eevee
-yaya0's random Pokemon
-Bob Squob's Wobuffett
-callforjudgement's Chikorita

First Gym:
Started off with my Chikorita, which I named Vanilla. I figured I would lock in Tackle as one of her perma-moves, since I kind of needed an attack to progress in the game. I grinded her up before deciding to catch my next member, 36 the Ledyba. I grinded him up as well until they were ready to head up to Violet City.

36 did most of the battling on Route 30 and 31, and solo'd the Sprout Tower since Bellsprout has R in its name. Then it was gym time. 36 handled the two trainers, but Falkner was troublesome. Both of my Pokemon were easily defeated by Pidgeotto, and I did not feel like grinding for hours on end for similar results. I traded Vanilla over to my Platinum, gave her AncientPower, and kablam, Falkner was easily defeated.

Second Gym:
I progress down towards Union Cave and 36 handled the majority of the battles. I didn't realize how many Pokes had the letter R in their name (Nidoran, Rattata, Wooper, Magikarp, Spearow, ect.). Once in Union Cave, I had to resort to locking in Razor Leaf as one of Vanilla's perma-moves to handle with the Rock types. The cave went by pretty fast, and soon I was in Azalea Town.

Team Rocket was promptly dealt with by 36, and my rival was defeated with Vanilla. Now all I needed to do was the gym. The trainers were relatively easy to deal with, but Bugsy gave me a lot of problems. First, I had to solo Bugsy with my Chikorita. I can normally handle solos relatively fine, but I didn't realize how strong Scyther was. When its U-Turn didn't faint me, it would leave me with one or two HP, then come back later and kill me. Eventually I managed to get a lucky crit AncientPower against Scyther as it used Focus Energy, and the rest of Bugsy's team was history. Bada bing, bada boom.

The Team:

Vanilla the Chikorita
Lv. 22
-Tackle
-Razor Leaf
-AncientPower
-Synthesis*

*Hasn't been used so I still have one more attack to lock in before I can evolve.

36 the Ledyba
Lv. 21
-Mach Punch
-Comet Punch
-Reflect
-Light Screen

EDIT:
@SuperScrafty
That's fine. Instead you get Sebastian the Nidoking. He too is a hipster, but he thinks strong moves are too mainstream so he cannot use moves with a base power of more than 80. Must solo Jasmine to evolve into Nidoking, and must solo Will in the Elite Four.

@SuperScrafty.
Heart Gold - Take a Parasect called Ivy, who must be female. Ivy can only use Bug and Grass type moves.
Emerald - Marill called ZOOMPH!. ZOOMPH! must solo every Pokemon you see which is currently in the Smogon OU tier.
Diamond - Roserade called Thorn, who must be female, and caught as a budew. Thorn cannot use non-damaging moves. To evolve to a Roserade she must solo a fire type Pokemon that is no more than 5 levels lower than it, while only using not very effective moves on it.

@Ziposaki
Diamond - Take Genow the Luxray. Luxray can only use moves reliant on special attack, or moves that do not deal direct damage.

@Bob_Squob: Accepted.
@ObsidianRanger: Accepted, but can you go more into detail about moves that don't do direct damage? Does that mean I can only use status moves like Rain Dance and Thunder Wave and stuff?

So far, I have:

Squirtle (Turtwig):

• Mustn't fight any Grass or Electric types
  • Try and solo as many Fire types as possible
  • Solo Wake's Gyarados to evolve into Torterra at level 36

Dyingflame (Ponyta):

Solo:
  • Cherubi (Gardenia)
  • Drifblim and Gengar (Fantina)
  • Bronzor (Byron)
  • Snover and Medicham (Candice)
  • Octillery and Ambipom (Volkner)
  • Dustox and Beautifly (Aaron)
  • Quagsire and Sudowoodo (Bertha)
  • Everything besides Rapidash and Infernape (Flint)
  • and Mr. Mime and Medicham (Lucian)

Genow (Shinx):
  • Can only use special moves or moves that do not deal direct damage

I went ahead and looked up all the pokemon I need to solo for Dyingflame. Please tell me if I missed anything. Gah, that is a laundry list. Not a lot of them are hard, probably only Volkner's Octillery and Bertha's Quagsire and Sudowoodo, but the challenge is in remembering everything. Eh, it could be worse. 3 more challenges, folks! Bring 'em!

Ziposaki gets a MEP called "Hi!". Solo one Gym Leader Pokemon. That is all. If you don't know what a MEP is, look on the original post in this thread.

Intact, SuperScraggy gets the same in Diamond, but he must solo an entire gym with it, trainers and leader. :P

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SuperScrafty, here are your starters...

HG heralds for you Me First the Sentret. Its final moveset must consist of Quick Attack, Follow Me, Sucker Punch, & Me First. Get all moves before the first E4 bout. Solo 5 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.

Emerald heralds for you One Turn the Zigzagoon. Must know & keep Belly Drum, & obtain it before the E4. Solo 3 Pokemon in the Pokemon League at +6 Attack.

Diamond heralds for you HM King the Bidoof. It must know all HM moves before the E4. Solo 4 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.

Have fun. =P

@Treadshot A1: Bzzt! Wrong. Sorry, I'm not going to take that oh so frustrating MEP. Why? Well, let's take a look at my almighty rules...

Rules:
  • I cannot trade.
  • Please be creative.
  • All pokemon must be available before Byron, and at least 3 before Wake.
  • No drudgery. I'm fine with a little bit of leveling, but I don't wish to have to level a pokemon 30 levels to beat the first gym.
  • No level restrictions.
  • Challenges should be around easy-medium or medium level.
  • I must be able to fully evolve all my pokemon.
  • Banned pokemon: Any fished up pokemon, any pokemon you can only get on Honey trees, Chimchar, Bidoof, and Pachirisu.
Again, sorry. I love Pachirisu, but I've used it on every run of Diamond I've ever done except for 2, so I wanted something different this time. Feel free to give me another challenge. I need 3 more Pokemon people, 3 more!

Okay, take a MGB: Mono Grass Budew. You must solo Pastoria Gym with Budew to evolve to Roselia, during which you may not go to the Pokemon Center, and you may not use and Ethers/Elixirs. Solo an Elite 4 member to get to Roserade. Budew may never learn the Sunny Day/Solarbeam combo, but it can learn either move as long as it doesn't know the other one.

@Ziposaki:

You get Troll the Sneasel, who must instantly evolve into a Weavile. I command you to solo the Cyrus battle before Dialga/Palkia with it. Why? Because that Weavile can't help screwing over my Pearl scramble team.

@Treadshot A1: Accepted, but I need to solo Wake's Gyarados with my faux-Squirtle, so does that challenge take precedence? And I need to solo at least 2 pokemon on each Elite 4 member, so I can't solo one. I don't think I'll miss Sunny Day and Solarbeam too much anyways. But isn't Sunny Day a Fire type move, so I wouldn't have been able to use it anyways?

@Newby n00b: Rejected, sorry. I can't get it before Byron, which was one of my requirements.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Hey obsidian, have you ever gotten muted for my Black Power challenge?

Anyway, so as to contribute, I'm going to try and make a trademark here:

Zipo, if you're not yet at six, you get Rebel the Geodude. It thinks it's really tough, and it hates order. As such, it always wears a black headband (Read: the item black belt. It's not allowed to wear anything else) and it must solo all PI or Policeman class trainers. Whenever it lands the finishing blow in a trainer battle you must either go on Smogon's IRC or PO and say "FUCK THE POLICE"

SuperScrafty, if you're not yet at six for HG, you get Westboro the Drowzee. No evolution restrictions, but god hates the military, and (BAN ME PLEASE). That means he has to solo both Lt. Surge and Will (Don't even try to tell me that guy is straight.) Every time you beat a Trainer's Pokemon with him you have to either go on Smogon's IRC or PO and say "GOD HATES (BAN ME PLEASE)"

@Ziposaki: It's okay. I only have myself to blame for overlooking that rule.

Instead, you get a female Buizel named Cjaka. It cannot use physical attacks, and you must give it a(n) (Max) Elixir every time you get one.

SS:
HG: Catch Interwebz the Spinarak. It gets all of it's information from bulbapedia, so in order to battle it must hold a wiki berry. Must learn spider web to evolve

Emerald: Catch a Slakoth, name it Lazyape. Lazyape may not evolve until it learns Slack Off. Once it evolves into Vigoroth, it is still lazy, so it must simulate having truant by using Slack Off every other turn. If Slack Off runs out of PP, it can no longer battle. Since it is already lazy, all it need to do to evolve is to gain a lot of weight, so it must solo 30 Tropius to get enough bananas to evolve.

Diamond: Catch a Piplup, name it Poppers. Poppers has just seen the new Jim carrey movie and has decided to try his best to emulate those penguins. He has decided to only use the following moves:
Pound (randomly bumping into things)
Attract (being too lovey)
Pluck (for biting people)
Aqua Jet (because jets are loud, I guess?)
In addition, in order to evolve to his final stage, he must hold a cleanse tag, which ironically emulates being smelly by keeping wild pokemon away.

@Ziposaki, moves that are affected by Taunt pretty much. So status moves, weather moves, buffs, debuffs, stuff like that.

@Pwnemon, I was just thinking about that actually, but I only JUST (literally 5 minutes ago) started my Black scramblocke, since I have three going at once. I'm looking forward to it though ;)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SS:
HG: catch interwebz the spinarak. It gets all of it's information from bulbapedia, so in order to battle it must hold a wiki berry. Must learn spider web to evolve
My property, no stealing! I thought you remembered from last time...

Moving on, & on White, I've finally got DonkeyKong to a level where it can handle that Krookodile! Now I'm fully ready to take on the E4. Expect an official update later. :)

Superscrafty can have Wall the Chikorita in HG. This Chikorita MUST know and keep dual screens and set them up at the start of every battle it is in. To evolve into Bayleef it must have combined defensive stats of >100 and to evolve again it's CDS must be >200

@Bob_Squob: Got it. Technically I probably will solo Cherubi anyways, but big deal.

@Treadshot A1: Gotcha. So if all challenges take precedence... and I have to solo at least two pokemon per Elite 4 member.... Wait! How am I supposed to evolve Budew then?

@Pwnemon: Rejected. I cannot trade, so thus I cannot fully evolve it, which was one of my requirements. Besides, I cannot access IRC or PO regularly anyways (aren't I a good, devoted member), so it wouldn't have done me much good.

@Newby n00b: Accepted.

@ObsidianRanger: Got it.

So so far the members of my team are....

Squirtle (Turtwig):
  • Mustn't fight any Grass or Electric types
  • Try and solo as many Fire types as possible
  • Solo Wake's Gyarados to evolve into Torterra at level 36

Dyingflame (Ponyta):

Solo:

• Drifblim and Gengar (Fantina)
  • Bronzor (Byron)
  • Snover and Medicham (Candice)
  • Octillery and Ambipom (Volkner)
  • Dustox and Beautifly (Aaron)
  • Quagsire and Sudowoodo (Bertha)
  • Everything besides Rapidash and Infernape (Flint)
  • and Girafarig and Medicham (Lucian)

Genow (Shinx):
  • Can only use special moves or status moves

Budew:
  • Can only use Grass type moves
  • Must solo entire Pastoria Gym except for Wake's Gyarados to evolve to Roselia
  • Cannot use Solarbeam while Sunny Day is in effect
  • Solo an Elite 4 member to evolve into Roserade*

Cjaka(Buizel):
  • Can only use special and status moves
  • Must give her a (Max) Elixir*

Starred requirements I need clarification on. For Treadshot A1, how do I fully evolve Budew? Do you want me to give it a nickname? For Newby n00b, do I give it a Elixir every time it learns a new move or what? I need one more Pokemon, folks! Let's go!

HG
1.Nidoking
2.Parasect
3.Sentret
4.Drowzee (not doing the GOD HATES (BAN ME PLEASE) part, against my beliefs)
5.Spinarak
6.Chikorita

Emerald
1.Marill
2.Zigzagoon

Diamond

1.Staraptor
2.Roserade
3.Pachirisu
4.Bidoof
5.Piplup

No love for Emerald :(. I got my HG team, almost got my Diamond team.

Quick Question: Do I have to do the post-game (sevii islands) in my LG scramble, because I'm almost done.

Ok, for Emerald take a Torchic called Chicken. It cannot fight any Ghost or Dark types and it cannot be below 1/2 health in a battle, if it is you MUST switch out. for every time it dies before the E4 you must solo 1 E4 poke, except Pheobe or Sidney. Solo Rival under cycling road to evolve once, and outside Lilycove Market to evolve again.

SuperScrafty gets a Torchic named Ken, for Emerald. (must be a male of course.) You cannot evolve Ken until you beat Roxanne; he must evolve into Blaziken inside the Victory Road. (Ninja'd)

I can round out his Diamond team with Pepe Lepew the Stunky. As a Skuntank it cannot use flamethrower.

Edit: @SuperScrafty. You do NOT need post-game for the LG Scramble-Mons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)