Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, bored as all hell so looking to start a challenge on Fire Red.
- No trading (and preferably no breeding)
- Won't be RNGing
- Have never played FR before, so might take a short while on some parts. =P
- No mono-types. (Sorry Treadshot!)

Past that, go crazy. The more original, the better.

SoulSilver Very Hard Challenge Update No. 2:

-Newby n0Ob's Ledyba
-Its A Random's Yanma
-EEVEE3's Eevee
-yaya0's random Pokemon
-Bob Squob's Wobuffett
-callforjudgement's Chikorita

Previous Updates: 1

Third Gym:
After defeating Bugsy I made my way through Ilex Forest. 36 handled most of the battling, since for some odd reason I kept running into Paras. The Togepi egg hatched, and I caught a Paras for a cutting slave. Exited the forest, battled some trainers, you know the deal. Talked to the daycare dudes and made my way to Goldenrod.

I explored a bit, got myself a bike, picked up gifts from mom at the Dept Store, got the radio card. Then I used 36 to sweep through the trainers in the gym and get him some more experience. I figured my team was still too weak to handle Whitney, so I trained on Route 35 and took down all the trainers. I then went up to Route 36 and figured I would fulfill 36's requirement to evolve. Took me longer than I thought it would (I mostly ran into Nidorans, and Comet Punch was the only "viable" damage), but 36 evolved into a G6, yo. Taught him Aerial Ace from a TM I sent over from Platinum and went to the Department Store to stock up on Soda Pops for G6.

The gym battle was a bit easier than I anticipated. I led off with G6 against Clefairy. His Mach Punch was a clean 2HKO, though I became infatuated by Cute Charm in the process. Next was Miltank, my alltime least favorite Gym Leader Pokemon ever. I tried a Silver Wind to see how much it would do, and hoped for a +1 on everything, but it did about a quarter damage and Miltank started to Rollout on me. Bad situation. I immediately went out to Vanilla and took reasonable damage from the second turn of Rollout. Third Rollout hit me and my odds were looking grim. But a lucky AncientPower scored me a +1 on all my stats, and Miltank was in KO range from there, which I managed to do. The badge was mine and I was good to go.

Next I'll head up to Eckruteak, get Eevee from Bill, hunt for Yanma, and try and decide on which Poke would be the best for using Hidden Power :/

The Team:

Vanilla the Chikorita
Lv. 25
-Tackle
-Razor Leaf
-AncientPower
-Synthesis*

*Hasn't been used so I still have one more attack to lock in before I can evolve.

G6 the Ledian
Lv. 28
-Mach Punch
-Aerial Ace
-Silver Wind
-Light Screen

@Yoshiken:

You get GreenSucks the Ekans. It must solo everything that is mostly green and is not reserved for another challange. It must solo 49* green Pokés to evolve.

*G(7) + R(18) + E(5) + E(5) + N(14)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yoshiken, take a Dugtrio, name it Whacamole. You must catch it as a Dugtrio at Lv29...Before the third Gym. Because it is like one of those games where you get a hammer & try to bash it before it disappears, its only attacking move is Dig. Have it solo a Gym Leader not named Lt. Surge.

Have fun.

@Yoshiken:You get DT, a Pokemon that can be whatever you want. Take the date that you catch it. Take the month #, double it, and then add it with the day. That's the number of Pokemon you have to solo on the route you caught it for evolution. If it can evolve thrice, once you reach the halfway mark (rounded down), then it can evolve to the second stage. If it doesn't evolve, cut the number in half. Thats the number of Pokemon you are required to solo. Take the time you catch it. Add the digits of the hour if it is 10, 11, or 12. Then add the two digits in the minutes together. Take the hour number and the minute number and subtract the larger from the smaller. That is the number of the gym leader you need to solo. If you have already passed the gym leader, solo the one you need to face next. If the number is over 8, solo the last gym leader. And since I'm mean, the the second. If it was 42 or over, solo the entire gym.

EXAMPLE: I catch a Gible at 10:37:10PM on June 10. (6x2)+10=22, so I need to solo 11 pokemon at the place I caught it to evolve into Gabite, and 11 more to evolve into Garchomp. 1+0=1, and 3+7=10, and 10-1= 9. 9 is over 8, so I need to solo the 8th gym leader. 10 is below 42, so I do not need to solo the entire gym.

HOWEVER, if you catch the pokemon on: New Year's, New Year's Eve, your birthday, February 27 (the day Red and Green came out in Japan), or the day the game you are playing came out in your country, NN the pokemon Celebration and all restrictions are void. And no, changing the date on your DS clock doesn't count. It has to be in RL.

Am I trying to make this a signature challenge of mine? YES.

@Yoshiken: I haven't given a scramble in a while, so I'll toss you something nice.

You shall get a Jigglypuff, nicknamed Kirby. This 'Puff thinks it's kirby, so you must treat it like so. It must get the moves...

Pound/Double Slap (Fighter kirby)
Hyper voice(Sucking action)
Mimic(Copying action)
Rest(Sleep kirby)/Water Pulse(Underwater attack)

Because it is kirby, it has a severe dislike for King Dedede and Meta Knight. It must solo every Fearow you see(Closest to Dedede since Delibird isn't in that game) and every pokemon that gets Swords dance via level up (Farfetch'd, Scyther, Pinsir) in order to stop Meta Knight.

Good luck!

@Yoshiken, take a Meowth named Kitty. Kitty, like its trainer, enjoys the Scramble IRC chat, but the chat only has 2 people, so Kitty must have either a Quiet or Lonely nature. Also, Kitty wants to invite more people to the chat, so it should start every battle with a sound-based move to tell people about the channel. If Kitty doesn't use a sound-based move to start a battle, the guilt causes him to be too weak to use moves with a base power higher than 60 for the rest of the battle.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Since you are on Fire Red, you get Red Fire the Charmander. This Charmander has to solo every Red pokemon it finds, which are:
Charmander Charmeleon Charizard Vileplume Paras Parasect
Krabby Kingler Voltorb Electrode Goldeen Seaking
Jynx Magikarp Magmar Flareon

Since you are on Fire Red, you can only use Fire moves. However, since you said no monotypes, this rule must be changed. Choose, before you start the challenge, how many non-Fire moves you want to use. For every non-Fire move you use, use the random.org RNG and generate numbers from 1-150. The number you generate corresponds to the number of the Pokemon you must add to the above list. If you choose one non-Fire move, generate one number. If you choose two non-Fire moves, generate three numbers. If you choose three non-Fire moves, generate six numbers. If you choose four non-Fire moves, generate zero numbers.

Example: If you want to use two non-Fire moves, then only two of your moveslots can be non-Fire moves (if you have three non-Fire moves, only use two moveslots in battle and you have to add three mons to that list from an RNG.

@Yoshiken

Take a Scyther, name him "Mr.Rodgers." This ain't your old fashioned cardigan wearing Mr. Rodgers, no. This is Packer's quarterback Aaron Rodgers, green and gold, yo. As such, you have to buy this Scyther from the game corner and he must hold an Amulet Coin in order to battle. It must solo all Magnemites and Magnetons you see because they are Steel, and you know what the Packers did to the Steelers this year. To show the Packers are World Champions, Mr. Rodgers must carry the team to victory and solo the last two Pokemon the champion sends out during your battle.

Darn, got ninja'd. Oh well.
Pwned.

Ok my first update for these runs.

Just got the dream dust or whatever and currently have one badge. My tactic worked against what's-his-face, which was to buff to +6 defense against Lillipup, since I knew it didn't know any physical moves and would probably just buff with Work Up, and then I went and just spammed them to death.

Uno - Pignite
Quirky - Level 17
Can only learn level up moves. Can only have one move of each type.
Tackle - Arm Thrust - Flame Charge - Defense Curl

Zwei - Munna
Bold - Level 8
Dream eater and hypnosis are the only psychic moves allowed.
Psywave - Defense Curl - Lucky Chant - Yawn

Mini Update:
Solo'd The Second gym with Turtwig,Then Evolved into a Grotle
TEAM:
Potassium The Lvl 24 Grotle
Smartass the Lvl 15 Abra

Edit:
I just read a previous page and found out that ObsidianRanger and SimonSays are fellow New Zealanders! Awesome!

Mini Update:
Solo'd The Second gym with Turtwig,Then Evolved into a Grotle
TEAM:
Potassium The Lvl 24 Grotle
Smartass the Lvl 15 Abra

Edit:
I just read a previous page and found out that ObsidianRanger and SimonSays are fellow New Zealanders! Awesome!
WHOOP MOAR NEW ZEALANDERS.

Should update my White scramblocke soon.

Trivia question: if there are three New Zealanders, how many Mareep does this thread have? ;)

@Vratix: you've given out challenges that aren't called Awesome. :P anyways, I have authoritative power because I am TREADSHOT A1, RULER OF MEPS EVERYWHERE! Random has the OP, so he has power by default. Everyone else...nah.

Now, to make this post useful, I forget who it was, but a while ago someone asked me whether I was going to take a challenge or just hang around pissing people off with ridiculously annoying challenges. The answer? Hang around and piss people off. :)

I'm just in character. Y'know, acting the part. That and I'm ecstatic after getting good results in all my exams, so I am a bit hyper right now I suppose.

Yoshi, look on the bright side. Since you're using a Charmander your rival won't have a Gyarados!
Actually, it was the Tentacool that bothered me more! Normally, I run from everything while Surfing to Cinnabar - this time, it's gonna be paiiiinful. ;_;
(...especially since I won't be using Fly unless it's in my party, and none of those Fly.)

Alright so I've been browsing this thread for a few days, and I think I want to give one of these a try, however, I have a special request. I can't decide on which game I want to play, so, I want the first person instead of giving me a pokemon to give me which game to play. Thats right, any game from any generation except 5! (Don't wanna play through it again so soon.) You can also decide my name/gender and any other special requirements pertaining to my character that you might want to throw in.

After this, others can start assigning me pokemon. I can't trade, but other than that I'm open to any difficulty or requirements!

@ ScaryBalloons

Gonna go with... Fire Red since I think it's just a really good game for challenges, and I always get a bit of a nostalgia boner for Red/Blue.

On to your Pokemon!

You get BAMF, the Eevee. Now, this Eevee's a total BAMF and wants to prove it by not evolving. However, not evolving in the Pokemon world is stupid, especially when your evolution method is so painfully easy.

So you may choose which Eeveelution you'd like to go with from the original trio. You can evolve him at any time, as well, with the only requirement being that all 4 moveslots are full at the time (any moves). However, BAMF pretty much hates you after doing that. As a result, he refuses to learn ANY new moves after evolving.

Prior to evolution you can teach him anything, level him as much as you'd like, and generally go nuts. But once he's evolved, you may not teach him level up moves OR TMs. Your call as to how late you want to finalize BAMF's moveset.

Aaaaand... solo Koga. Just for fun.

@ScaryBalloons

Take a Scyther, name him "Mr.Rodgers." This ain't your old fashioned cardigan wearing Mr. Rodgers, no. This is Packer's quarterback Aaron Rodgers, green and gold, yo. As such, you have to buy this Scyther from the game corner and he must hold an Amulet Coin in order to battle. It must solo all Magnemites and Magnetons you see because they are Steel, and you know what the Packers did to the Steelers this year. To show the Packers are World Champions, Mr. Rodgers must carry the team to victory and solo the last two Pokemon the champion sends out during your battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)