Official Pizza Topping Tier List

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
mushrooms, ham, bell peppers are essential flavours for a pizza

peppers especially: the combination with cheese and tomato is quintessentially pizza

pepperoni is god-tier PROVIDED it's good crispy pepperoni that isn't too greasy

and shut up spicy ground beef is great. beef goes well with everything

listen I don't know about tiers or whatever but these are some sets that I usually run and they are pretty great in today's metagame:

pepperoni, bacon ground beef, sausage, ham

chedder+mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms

sun dried tomatoes, sausage, grilled chicken, jalapenos, peppers

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ground beef is only viable on a pizza by itself or with a vegetable or two. Beef and any pig product (sausage, ham, pepperoni, bacon, etc) do NOT mix well and should NEVER be combined on a pizza.

Also tuna? Shrimp? Sorry, not toppings and never will be.

As for anchovies...are you guys just voting it down because we're so trained to dislike them by the media? Or have you actually tried them and dislike them? Because I've tried them, and they aren't nearly as repulsive as people make them out to be. The biggest problem I have with them is how salty they are, not the fishy taste. I wouldn't eat them on pizza, but they're not a disgusting food.

Bacon is low tier, Bacon goes with the toasties, sandwiches and most importantly full english breakfasts, its dull and greasy on pizza not even BBQ sauce or pineapple can save it. Same with Ham even ground beef deserves to be a higher tier.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
There should be a separation with Regular chicken and BBQ Chicken, since BBQ Chicken is high tier.

I protest against bacon bacon bacon bacon being in the High Tier. It deserves to be at the top of S-Tier. In fact, bacon bacon bacon bacon is so good, i have to say bacon bacon bacon bacon 4 times to get a glimpse of how good bacon bacon bacon bacon is.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Everyone is so brainwashed by media bias that they think bacon is the most amazing pizza topping. Get back to me when you test pizza as a standalone topping.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't have media bias, I ran a Papa Johns for 7 years. I know what makes a pizza good and what doesn't, and bacon makes a pizza good. It's an above average standalone topping and probably in the top 3 support toppings, making it high tier at LOWEST and potentially S-Tier. It's kind of like Kingdra.

Everyone is so brainwashed by media bias that they think bacon is the most amazing pizza topping. Get back to me when you test pizza as a standalone topping.
It's the EpicMealTime craze. They would put all the meats in S-Tier. Bacon would be in Bacon Tier, if given the chance.

I propose that Pepperoni get the "Meta Knight before he was banned" tier. Sausage simply cannot compete with it.

And plain cheese deserves drcossack tier.

Are we considering combinations of toppings for tiering as well? The huy proposal has already been added but honestly some combinations might possibly need to be tiered, or even have their own tier list! I'm talking about things like Meat Lovers, Supreme, Vegetarian, etc. though those are far and away the most common. If we are considering combinations, Meat Lover needs to be high tier along with Supreme, with Vegetarian Mid - Low tier. I'm up for considering topping combinations in a separate tier list, though it would probably only have to include the most popular / viable or else the list would be huge.

On that note, are we considering "garnish" items? I'm talking like Parmesan cheese, Red Pepper Flakes, that kinda stuff.

Meatballs / good chorizo for midtier

Bacon is overrated and can be KO with right predictions

I agree I am tried of people obsession of bacon, they remind me of "special" people.

Bacon is overrated and can be KO with right predictions

I agree I am tried of people obsession of bacon, they remind me of "special" people.
I agree, bacon has become some sort of a gimmick now. So many people are running it with the standard Meat Pizza (Sausage Pepperoni and Bacon, sometimes Hamburger for support and maybe some Canadian Bacon). Bacon doesn't give enough flavor as it used to on pizza. Out of the legendary Pig trio (Bacon, Sausage, Ham), I say its the weakest of the three, as it relies on other flavors of the pizza to back up its sweep of the taste buds. I'd vote bacon down because of this.

I say we twist it up a bit with the standard Meat Pizza, and throw in some other zingers too. Chicken, Spicy Meats, and even turkey can make great additions to a Meat Pizza, if they are executed properly.

I'd suggest adding meatballs to mid tier. They're a very underused threat, and they require almost no support.

After we settle the matter of bacon, we should focus our attention on feta cheese.

Alone, feta cheese is underwhelming but in combination with sausage, pepperoni, or bacon it is an amazing combination, often startling unsuspecting eaters.

For example, a pie consisting of a deep dish crust filled in with feta cheese, sausage, spinach, red bell peppers (purely for aesthetic reason; although I personally love bell peppers but the damn things are too expensive!!!), and chopped up bacon is delicious.

First off, God you people are weird.

Second, I think I'm the only person who really likes anchovies. One of my favorite pizzas is pepperoni, mushroom, and anchovies. Though I have to agree with Waterbomb that them being really salty, and if you eat too much of them it will make you really sick. Also no one ever had spinach pizza? It's really delicious.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Spinach is seriously underrated in this thread. With the right spices, and mushrooms, and a bit of meats of your choice, spinach is a solid addition.

Also, anchovies are only good as a gimmick; I only get em like once a year when I feel like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)