Official Pizza Topping Tier List

Yeah as long as you get a female Jalapeno and male Bacon. Have to walk around with it for like 6000 steps or something, it's faster on your bike... God I want a pizza so bad now...

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I am hesitant to move bacon down a tier. While it is decidedly underwhelming on its own, it is completely dominant in the realm of supporting toppings. There isn't another topping that does as much for the other toppings on the pizza as Bacon. If you aren't running Bacon on your pizza, that's completely understandable, but you should have a good reason for it.

Back in my day there were no tiers. Everyone ran Margherita. There was no user-generated tiering or banlist. Learn to play the game it was meant to be played.

Keep bacon where it is. It is definitely not the only topping that is underwhelming on its own, but combined with others it is near unstoppable. Putting it in a lower tier will create inbalance for sure

breh

強いだね
I feel that onions are worthy of Top tier. While they do struggle to succeed on their own in mid tier, when paired with Mushrooms, they can create a very strong pizza combo. I feel that chicken also deserves a jump to top tier. While not anywhere near as good as Sausage, its S-tier brother, it is still one of the few meat options that exists in top tier.

Olives should be dropped from Top; the only reason they persist in the tier is because of their high usage statistics by pizza n00bs.

I feel like this tier is missing some toppings, but I can't for the life of me figure out which.

I support the ban. The combo would definitely beat up on every other pizza in that tier, much like Swift Swim and Auto-Rain are banned. And once again, bacon as a standalone ingredient on a pizza is not delicious, it is great support and I would get it in my pizzas, but never just a bacon pizza. For example, who actually enjoys bacon sandwiches? Bacon itself is a support for lettuce and tomato to form a S-tier sandwich (BLT), but I assume tiering for sandwiches will need to be discussed in a separate thread.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I wish I could 1 star this pathetic excuse for a tier list that dares to put bell peppers as low tier.

Fuck that noise.

Where is my starring system.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Where the hell are the jellybeans? You guys too scared to eat a "gimmick" topping?
We're trying to have a serious discussion here. Please keep your silly gimmicks to yourself. If you want it tiered put your money where your mouth is and order a jellybean pizza for me and evan.

Also, aldaron is more salty than anchovies LOL.

I just had a stuffed crust pizza with a Sausage, Pepperoni, and Onion core. Too OP.

(I ordered it because this thread made me hungry as shit)

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Olives are one of the strongest support toppings, and they also manage to hold their own when placed by themselves. In addition to maximizing the flavor profile of other ingredients, such as sausage and onion, they also help check the flavor of pepperoni.

Anyone who thinks olives are only for pizza noobs should question the statistics about the disgusting pepperoni, a notoriously nooby topping.

Anyone who thinks olives are only for pizza noobs should question the statistics about the disgusting pepperoni, a notoriously nooby topping.
Agreed, every once in a while I enjoy eating olives when they are not on Pizza. I rarely ever eat pepperoni by itself.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Italian sausage > sausage, IMO.

Also, as the resident pizza expert here, I can tell you that green peppers do more in support than most people realize, especially on pizzas running heavy in the meats department. I agree they are underwhelming on their own, but in complement to a bacon-ham-pepperoni trio they certainly fit nicely.

Finally, are you people seriously considering moving bacon DOWN a tier? Bacon almost literally makes EVERYTHING better, and pizza is no exception. I'd put bacon in S-tier personally, but high tier is a bit more reasonable to account for the varying tastes of everyone.

PS you're also missing a few dark horses like banana peppers and salami, but those are less common so can probably remain off the list.

My suggestions - throw Italian sausage in the high or mid tiers to start with and let people vote it up or down from there. Banana Peppers and Salami can go in the low tier because they are only useful in support and have no legs to stand on by themselves.

Nominating Fried Onions for High Tier. Grouping them with plain onions is like saying Rotom-W and Rotom-F are the same thing. One is decent under certain circumstances, the other is great under almost all circumstances.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
confirming as BIG Caesar

Nothing for S-Tier, but I do think that Ground Beef [or when used correctly, 'Meatballs'] need to be moved to a higher tier, they add a moderate and tasty flavor to one's pizza and hold a perfect in niche in satisfying those who can't handle the taste of sausage.

Also, if you haven't tried it, Tomato+Bacon is a great combo, it's what I used to get reqs and can significantly improve the taste of a pizza.

breh

強いだね
I have no comment about the usage of pepperoni; to use it on a pizza is just not my style of pizza making. However, others have found satisfaction in it, so I assume that it's good.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
um so anchovies absolutely NEED to be drcossack tier

i hate to be dramatic but theyre so gross it makes me want to bomb an entire nation then kill myself

Mushrooms for S Tier. Combined with olives or onions (or better yet, both), mushrooms form a defensive combination that can stall out a large proportion of toppings in the metagame without needing any support.

Garlic for mid tier. It has squishy defenses and needs some team support, but is still a viable option when paired with spinach.

I submit that tonight I ate a pizza with sausage, jalapenos, and pesto. I must say that the sausage and pesto both had very strong flavors, and I was afraid that they may have worked against each other. Alone, they can lock down a pizza's flavor, but it's strange to have two main ingredients vying for that spot. The pizza was still delicious, though, so my worries were baseless.

The jalapenos added that crucial bite to it that made it exciting to eat on top of being just downright tasty as heck.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Further, the following have been declared NOT pizza toppings:

Shrimp
Tuna

And will not be a part of the pizza topping discussion.
I will respectfully ignore this bulletin and oppose the decision with every fiber in my body.

Tuna, while suffering from plenty of negative feedback due to be being fish type, is a force to be reckoned with thanks to its high versatility and being able to make a stand with little to no support from other toppings. Unlike chicken, it requires no setup thanks to its conserved properties and can immediately get to work once it enters the field. Along with its rich sodium stat, it keeps several flavors in check while being a major threat to others among its ranks, while providing backup for the rest of its team.

Shrimp, on the other hand, is a much more delicate choice and has large difficulties pulling off any sweeps on its own accord. In the past I've seen it perform with great effect on Mediterranean teams, but as time progressed, it's now outclassed by other toppings with larger bulk and enriched compounds. But it's still a viable choice in the lower tiers, and can dominate the dish if properly supported by season hazards and teammates which nullifies its weaknesses. So while it has taken a fall from grace, removing its topping label altogether is not only disgraceful but also an inappropriate measure seeing as it still has plenty to provide to the overall play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)